13. Devil's Teeth [bonus]

Additional info
Release dates:

May 7: Europe
May 18: North America

Staff review by
BitterCOld
Rating:
So Exodus is back, again, with Exhibit B: The Human Condition after a relatively short (for them) layoff. The Bay Area Bashers have returned doing what they do best, wreaking havoc and crushing skulls.

The H&H Guitar tandem (this time, Holt and Heathen's Lee Altus) have concocted some monstrously crushing riffs and shredding leads. Jack Gibson provides some great support on bass, Tom Hunting treats his kit like I treat my monkey (he often misbehaves and I must spank him frequently) and the band's third front man, Rob Dukes froths and spits at the mic with fantastic venom, bile, and power... cementing his place as an equal to the monstrous combat boots of his predecessors.

Read more ››
published 10.07.2010 | Comments (27)

Guest review by
ProjectEndgame
Rating:
With the birth of The Big Four, we have all basked among the glory of albums like Master Of Puppets, Reign in Blood, Peace Sells and Among The Living, and also the tier two bands such as Testament, Death Angel, Overkill, Annihilator and yes, Exodus. The only difference though is that The Big Four started to slowly descend from their holy rankings. Have the tier two bands descended down yet? Not even close.

Read more ››
published 27.11.2010 | Comments (14)

Found in 25 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 46   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 960 users
27.03.2010 - 04:01
Hope this is gonna be awesome as the Exhibit A
10.04.2010 - 12:33
Rating: 9
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I was very disappointed with Exhibit A. I loved 3 songs on it, but the rest just didnt do anything for me. The latest 2 songs the band have put on their Myspace though, have raised my hopes for Exhibit B a lot! "Hammer And Life" is a great midpaced pounder, with a very kewl 80's metal harmony break, and ''Class Dismissed" is just a total masterclass in epic violence. If the rest of the songs are this good, then it's going to blow Exhibit A away! Very much looking forward to the album now!
10.04.2010 - 21:33
soadbyob
Account deleted
I liked exhibit A, only time will tell for B, nice album cover though
11.04.2010 - 00:19
Angelic Storm
Melodious
The problem I had with Exhibit A is, most of the songs are long, and apart from two exceptions (The title track and ''Children Of A Worthless God'') I found them very unmemorable. The riffs were all interchangeable. ''Class Dismissed'' is a great epic thrasher, which manages to hold my attention for its full 7+ minutes. Something most of the Exhibit A long songs failed to do.
07.05.2010 - 23:30
Novas
My fav from them was Tempo of the Damned with Souza..which cant be beat..but with Rob Dukes, i say Exhibit A was far better than Shovel Headed Kill Machine..i liked all the song from Exhibit A..after i hear Exhibit B ill get back to ya
08.05.2010 - 00:54
Novas
This album fucking rocks..."The Sun Is My Destroyer" is 9 mins 30 sec & its their first song with some death vocals..Rob Dukes sings in a lower key during the verses.."Democide" is the slowest song on here & it has the best intros ive ever heard...this album isnt better than Exhibit A though, but its longer & somewat heavier & Dukes doesnt scream as much.....
08.05.2010 - 05:23
Rating: 8
Ag Fox
Angel No More
elite
Exhibit B sounds great to me mainly because the riffs are really awesome throughout the album. Not just on one or two songs. I never liked Exhibit A, but maybe I should give it another spin again...
----
loves 小巫
08.05.2010 - 11:07
Angelic Storm
Melodious
My prediction that Exhibit B would be a lot better than Exhibit A, has been proven right!

The main reason why I like Exhibit B a lot more, is the album has way more melody, and a lot more of the songs stand out on their own, rather than pretty much all sounding the same, like most of the Exhibit A songs did. The chorus of ''Democide'' might actually be the most melodic metal they've ever done, and it is definitely one of the best songs on the album. The warp speed melody and aggression of "Beyond The Pale", and the monstrous ''Class Dismissed'' are other highlights of the album! Finally, Exodus have done an album with Rob Dukes that is worthy of a place alongside their other classics. Welcome back Exodus!
08.05.2010 - 12:07
BudDa
elite
The guitar in the first 2 or so minutes of "March Of The Sycophants" myt b the next best thing after a blow Job..
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
09.05.2010 - 12:14
Angelic Storm
Melodious
If you use a pitch shifter to listen to "March Of The Sycophants" in standard tuning, it sounds like something they could have recorded in the 80's! Especially that main riff...that is just classic Exodus, all it needs is Zetro's vocals!
10.05.2010 - 03:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Once again a mediocre album. Somehow all of the studio albums with Dukes on vocals are mediocre whils live they are very good.
This isn't worth more than a 6.5
Anyone saying it is is blinded by somekind of misplaced love for current day boring Exodus.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.05.2010 - 20:48
fosi
Great album!!!
11.05.2010 - 00:22
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.05.2010 at 03:39

Once again a mediocre album. Somehow all of the studio albums with Dukes on vocals are mediocre whils live they are very good.
Anyone saying it is is blinded by somekind of misplaced love for current day boring Exodus.

Seeing that everyone disagrees with you just makes want to check this album.
BTW, I'm not an Exodus fan, didn't like Shovel-Headed, but quite enjoyed Exhibit A
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
11.05.2010 - 00:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Darkside Momo on 11.05.2010 at 00:22

Seeing that everyone disagrees with you just makes want to check this album.
BTW, I'm not an Exodus fan, didn't like Shovel-Headed, but quite enjoyed Exhibit A

Good to see someone prefer Axhibit A over SHovel Headed, though I still think Exhibit is a bit mediocre as well. But SHovel Headed was boooooooooring and even less than mediocre.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.05.2010 - 00:27
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.05.2010 at 00:25

Good to see someone prefer Axhibit A over SHovel Headed, though I still think Exhibit is a bit mediocre as well. But SHovel Headed was boooooooooring and even less than mediocre.

Indeed Exhibit A is not perfect, but Children Of A Worthless God is such a killer track! I hope they'll play it at Hllfest and not the whole Bonded By Blood album (which I just can't manage to like, even if it rightly deserve its 'classic' status)
----

I am awake"
11.05.2010 - 00:38
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Darkside Momo on 11.05.2010 at 00:27

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.05.2010 at 00:25

Indeed Exhibit A is not perfect, but Children Of A Worthless God is such a killer track! I hope they'll play it at Hllfest and not the whole Bonded By Blood album (which I just can't manage to like, even if it rightly deserve its 'classic' status)

Children of a Worthless God is a good ttrack indeed. But they SHOULD play ALL of Bonded By Blood at Hellfest. That is one of the best, if not the best, thrash album ever. And it deserves to be played in its entirety. Hell, those hooks and melodies on that album are just totally brilliant.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.05.2010 - 00:41
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.05.2010 at 00:38

Children of a Worthless God is a good ttrack indeed. But they SHOULD play ALL of Bonded By Blood at Hellfest. That is one of the best, if not the best, thrash album ever. And it deserves to be played in its entirety. Hell, those hooks and melodies on that album are just totally brilliant.

While I completely agree with you, I still don't appreciate it... (don't ask me why, it's just that it never clicked for me)

But I also guess we're off topic here
----

I am awake"
12.05.2010 - 22:30
sbgmetal
Wayyy better then exhibit A... the riffs are fresh... everyone sounds awesome... the guitar solos have more melody to them not to mention their is a lot more teamwork with lee and holt...
13.05.2010 - 17:03
Rating: 10
Best Thrash Metal Album of the year so far
13.05.2010 - 17:26
In Bone Factory
Nice to see that thrash is still alive due to existance of such solid albums.
am very satisfied with this Exodus'es. m/
----
The End Is Nigh ...
14.05.2010 - 05:09
Rating: 7
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.

I agree with you Marcel, Dukes isn't bad at all, he is a so so vocalist, I mean, live they are astonishing but, man, oh man, "Shovel Headed Kill Machine" and "Exhibit A" aren't as good as "Bonded By Blood" or "Tempo Of The Damned", yes, they have their moments, but those long songs (why? Really, why?) aren't too fitting for Exodus. With "Let There Be Blood" they shown us that their best album is still their first symphony, and live those are the songs that fit perfectly for a mosh.

Oh well, I haven't listened to this new thing, but surely it will be something like the previous one, just a couple of cool songs and a bunch of senseless long songs.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
18.05.2010 - 23:18
Rating: 10
Rados
I like dukes vocals to me is one of the best album they have done, is up there with bonded , fabulous and impact.

And this albums fucking kills anything metallica slayer and megadeth have done lately so haters fuck off
19.05.2010 - 13:31
paulo figueiredo
Account deleted
Great album, a few tracks are a bit longer than they should be. but still, very good.
The solos are awesome!

Stand out tracks:

Hammer and Life
Nanking
March of the Sycophants
Burn Hollywood Burn
20.05.2010 - 12:03
Rating: 6
MiKill
I think it's an OK album, but it's too long with too many filler tracks. I found it to be a lot more enjoyable without 'Hammer and Life', 'Class Dismissed', 'Downfall', 'March of the Sycophants' and 'Democide'. That brings it to about 45 minutes which is more than enough for a thrash album IMO. I'd give it about 65.
20.05.2010 - 12:52
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 19.05.2010 at 13:31

Great album, a few tracks are a bit longer than they should be. but still, very good.

Hmm, the only song I think is waaaay too long is The Sun Is My Destroyer. Especially that slow mid-section riff which seems to be repeated for eternity, and makes the song a lot more dull than it should be. lol The solos are awesome, especially the one by Lee Altus at the end of Beyond The Pale! <3

Overall, I just think it's waaay better than Exhibit A. There's 3 songs (not including the instrumental, and removing the acoustic outro of Good Riddance from its runtime.) under 5 minutes, when there was only 1 on Exhibit A. Much more melody, and most of the long songs dont outstay their welcome as they did on the previous album. I dunno if Id put it up there with Bonded By Blood, Pleasures Of The Flesh or even Tempo Of The Damned, but it is a great modern thrash album, and definitely the best Exodus album with Rob Dukes on vocals. xD
20.05.2010 - 22:42
RafaRata
Ok... it was a lot better in the second listening
I don't get all the hate for Rob Duke... He is not amazing but I think he fits the sounds of the band.
23.05.2010 - 09:44
sbgmetal
Written by Angelic Storm on 20.05.2010 at 12:52

Written by Guest on 19.05.2010 at 13:31

Hmm, the only song I think is waaaay too long is The Sun Is My Destroyer. Especially that slow mid-section riff which seems to be repeated for eternity, and makes the song a lot more dull than it should be. lol The solos are awesome, especially the one by Lee Altus at the end of Beyond The Pale! <3

Overall, I just think it's waaay better than Exhibit A. There's 3 songs (not including the instrumental, and removing the acoustic outro of Good Riddance from its runtime.) under 5 minutes, when there was only 1 on Exhibit A. Much more melody, and most of the long songs dont outstay their welcome as they did on the previous album. I dunno if Id put it up there with Bonded By Blood, Pleasures Of The Flesh or even Tempo Of The Damned, but it is a great modern thrash album, and definitely the best Exodus album with Rob Dukes on vocals. xD

Dude i totally agree Lee kicked ass with that solo!
23.05.2010 - 19:21
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
It seems to me that I like Devil's Teeth the most, and it's a bonus track. Good Riddance kicks ass as well. Overall I think the album is a bit too long, but true, it's quite enjoyable. I will give it time to sink in and listen to it in a few weeks.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
28.05.2010 - 03:08
Thrash666
Fuckin amazing album!!! Ironbound is still better, but this is a close second. THRASH TILL DEATH!!!
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
29.05.2010 - 15:38
vezzy
Stallmanite
I liked Exhibit A better, but The Human Condition was great too. Especially "Good Riddance", "March of the Sycophants" and "The Sun Is My Destroyer".
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.

Hits total: 34358 | This month: 59