Metal Storm logo
Brutal Black Metal?

30.03.2010 - 20:01
SerratedSyringe

Does anyone have recommendations for black influenced brutal death metal? I've been looking for such bands myself, but with limited success.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
30.03.2010 - 20:50
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Check out Benighted's first album (self-titled) or Myrkskog's Deathmachine.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
30.03.2010 - 20:54
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Black metal influenced Brutal Death metal? That's quite specific. Do you mean 'brutal Death metal' or 'Brutal Death metal'? There's quite a difference, actually. Or do you perhaps mean Black metal with a brutal/blasphemic edge? I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass here, just trying to clarify things. Your request is pretty vague. I can most likely help, if you can name a particular band you enjoy and that can serve as an example of what you're looking for.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
31.03.2010 - 14:46
SerratedSyringe

You're right, this is very specific. I mean Brutal Death Metal, not Death Metal that happens to be brutal (Cannibal Corpse, etc.). And as far as the Black influences I'm looking for musical influence on the song structures and playing styles. Benighted is pretty close as Troy pointed out.
----
31.03.2010 - 16:27
SilentScream
Blasphemer
Belphegor's first album comes to mind (The Last Supper). Maybe Axis of Advance could be of your liking as well.

Take a look at Hellacaust! Fucking brutal band! http://www.myspace.com/hellacaust
31.03.2010 - 17:07
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Hmmm, ok. I'm not really at home in the world of Brutal Death metal and neither do I know much that sounds like Benighted's first. But if you enjoy Axis Of Advance, there's a legion of (mostly Canadian) 'War/Bestial' Black metal for you to check out. Starting with Blasphemy and then this should help you out.

But it's more 'brutal' (i.e. warmongering, insanely fast and usually 'grindcorish') Black metal.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
31.03.2010 - 17:13
The Mad Splasher

These Guys

31.03.2010 - 17:16
SerratedSyringe

'Grindcorish' is good. I'll check it out.
----
31.03.2010 - 21:47
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Ahh, yes, it does sound like war metal would sorta fit the description, except that I wouldn't say that there's any brutal death in there. There's hardly any brutal death bands that incorporate black elements in their music or vice versa, because frankly it'd probably sound like crap.

I can definitely reccomend Mitochondrion, Bestial Warlust, and Lymphatic Phlegm is black-ish in their riffing style (although they are goregrind).
01.04.2010 - 03:43
SerratedSyringe

I'm somewhat familiar with Bestial Warlust. I'll check out the other two as well.
----
01.04.2010 - 18:17
Zombie, M.D.

I wouldn't call Bestial Warlust goregrind...I'd lump them in with all of that black/thrash/grind Canadian shit. On that note, Conqueror and Revenge are pretty brutal.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
01.04.2010 - 18:52
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Try out Vengeful. They are more on the BDM side but they do have that black metal tinge to their sound. Make sure you check out their debut album Karma first as I believe it's better than their second album. Very good band.

edit : The vocalist is on metalstorm. I don't know how active he is. You might be able to get the album from him. Listening to the first album again, this might just be what you've been looking for. Fuck this is good.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
01.04.2010 - 18:53
spirit_inblack
harshhead
I was calling Lymphatic Phlegm goregrind, not the other two. Bestial Warlust is bestial black/death metal a.k.a. war metal. And yeah, COnqueror and Revenge would definitely work. I recommend Bestial Raids as well.
02.04.2010 - 00:00
SilentScream
Blasphemer
Written by Visioneerie on 01.04.2010 at 18:52

Try out Vengeful. They are more on the BDM side but they do have that black metal tinge to their sound. Make sure you check out their debut album Karma first as I believe it's better than their second album. Very good band.

edit : The vocalist is on metalstorm. I don't know how active he is. You might be able to get the album from him. Listening to the first album again, this might just be what you've been looking for. Fuck this is good.

To be honest, I don't see any black elements at all in Vengeful.
02.04.2010 - 03:45
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by SilentScream on 02.04.2010 at 00:00

What have you heard from them ? Have you listened to Counterfeit Deity or Cold Ways ? As I said in my previous post, they are mostly brutal death but they do have a few black influences, more so on their debut. Anyways I just thought I'd put them out there since they tend to be a little more ambient sounding than your typical BDM band.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
03.04.2010 - 10:42
basumarpo1610

I like that metal band..

thank u for ur post......

i love it
03.04.2010 - 17:55
SerratedSyringe

Written by spirit_inblack on 31.03.2010 at 21:47

I can definitely reccomend Mitochondrion

Mitochondrion is basically what I've been looking for. Thanks.
----
03.04.2010 - 18:03
SilentScream
Blasphemer
Written by Visioneerie on 02.04.2010 at 03:45

Written by SilentScream on 02.04.2010 at 00:00

What have you heard from them ? Have you listened to Counterfeit Deity or Cold Ways ? As I said in my previous post, they are mostly brutal death but they do have a few black influences, more so on their debut. Anyways I just thought I'd put them out there since they tend to be a little more ambient sounding than your typical BDM band.

Ok, maybe I am not in the best position to judge : I have only heard the songs on the myspace. Good band though, I will have to get them to come down to Québec City one of these days.
10.04.2010 - 11:44
The Turbanator

Only two 'brutal' black metal bands I listen to, one of them sounds like grindcore.

Benighted. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j913gtJxNsQ)
Anaal Nathkrakh. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6uMryj3w6M)
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
10.04.2010 - 14:41
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Try Gorevent ---> http://www.myspace.com/gorevent

edit: oops, just realized u want a black-metal influenced band, this might not be it
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
10.04.2010 - 16:50
JohnWayneGacy666

Honestly for traditionalist black metal fans like me its the atmosphere of doom and badly produced albums that classify true black metal but I really like slam death metal, haven't heard of any brutal black metal bands but its almost a contradiction of terms the only progessive black metal bands i ever really liked were Enslaved and Dissection
11.04.2010 - 04:07
SerratedSyringe

Written by The Turbanator on 10.04.2010 at 11:44

Only two 'brutal' black metal bands I listen to, one of them sounds like grindcore.

Benighted. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j913gtJxNsQ)
Anaal Nathkrakh. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6uMryj3w6M)

Yeah, I'm already familiar with those two bands.
----
11.04.2010 - 04:10
SerratedSyringe

Written by JohnWayneGacy666 on 10.04.2010 at 16:50

Honestly for traditionalist black metal fans like me its the atmosphere of doom and badly produced albums that classify true black metal but I really like slam death metal, haven't heard of any brutal black metal bands but its almost a contradiction of terms the only progessive black metal bands i ever really liked were Enslaved and Dissection

I'm not exactly clear about the point you're trying to make here. Are suggesting that all brutal bands are progressive?
----
11.04.2010 - 08:15
Prugor
Mr. Offensive
Written by Zombie, M.D. on 01.04.2010 at 18:17

I wouldn't call Bestial Warlust goregrind...I'd lump them in with all of that black/thrash/grind Canadian shit. On that note, Conqueror and Revenge are pretty brutal.

I believe Revenge just had a new album released.
----
Ah... Girl look at that body, Ah... I work out
11.04.2010 - 14:56
TheBigRossowski

This might not be exactly what you're looking for, but you'll definitely enjoy it: AntaeuS

Just go to youtube and check out the video for Blood War III. Great shit, man.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
12.04.2010 - 03:23
I_Die_Often

DAMN! I have been checking out a lot of the BM suggestions from here and others, and the shout box.
My wishlist is going to overflow due to the good sounding bands suggested!
I just need more money to afford all of them!
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
15.04.2010 - 22:17
TheBigRossowski

Written by I_Die_Often on 12.04.2010 at 03:23

DAMN! I have been checking out a lot of the BM suggestions from here and others, and the shout box.
My wishlist is going to overflow due to the good sounding bands suggested!
I just need more money to afford all of them!

Just download some of that stuff, man. Pretty sure MkM wouldn't give two fucks if you downloaded any work from AntaeuS. As for the rest, who knows. Just search a few blogspots and you'll find some real gems.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?