Metal Storm logo
Judas Priest

17.05.2006 - 17:11
Demonizer
ha! now I've got the opportunity to open a thread for my fav band, I'll certainly take it!!

So who else is curious about the new album?? apparantly the band is hoping to start their next tour in early 2007
17.05.2006 - 17:25
Valar
IndianSteel
I am a proud owner of the Judas Priest boxset Metalogy . Judas Priest are an awesome band and the vocals of Halford(those screams ) and twin guitar attack are just mindblowing.
Painkiller without any doubt is the best Judas Priest album and also one of the best Heavy Metal albums
Not to forget what a great influene Judas Priest has had on the metal scene.
----
"It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." - J.R.R. Tolkien, "Three Is Company," The Lord of the Rings
17.05.2006 - 18:57
Milan
Account deleted
They are definetly BREAKING THE LAW!!! The pioneers of heavy metal. Amaizing band. Screaming for vengance, Sad Wings Of Destiny, Painkiller, British Steel... amaizing albums
18.05.2006 - 18:21
Baz Anderson
staff
yes. the new album - i am VERY interested indeed!!
the whole album on the same concept - Nostrodamus. that does bring Helloween's 'The Time Of The Oath' to mind, and that album is one of their best. so i hope this album wont disappoint either

Judas Priest are one of my all time favorite bands - they have released SO many top albums over the years.
even the albums a lot of other people dotn seem to like too much - 'Turbo' 'Ram It Down' and the albums with Tim Owens i like as well
they are one of the best of all time
18.05.2006 - 23:55
Conemetal
The first metal band I heard (late 70's past Century ) was Judas Priest , "Sin After Sin" broke my neck, since then I'm fanatic of Judas Priest. My fav albums are "Screaming for Vengeance" and "Painkiller". The firs time I listened "Turbo" I was a little disappointed ("keyboards in Heavy Metal?" ), but after one more listening I got it, it's a great album. "Priest...Live" is incredible, especially for me because I think it's very difficult that I'll be able too see them live I don't like "Demolition" and "Angel of Retribution" is their true back
----
MUCH I LEARNED FROM MY TEACHERS,
MORE FROM MY COLLEAGUES, BUT I HAVE LEARNED THE MOST FROM MY DISCIPLES
20.05.2006 - 18:21
Demonizer
I started listening to this band after hearing machine man from Demolition, not one of their best tracks, but it was good enough to convince me to buy the record. Sadly the rest of the album didn't really impress me but I was much more interested in the Halford era.
Now I've got all their albums and I think I like their 70's albums the most except for Rocka Rolla which isn't bad but it isn't great either. Point of Entry, Ram it Down and Demolition are the only albums I don't consider to be good at all, but they do have their moments. Painkiller annoys me a little because (eventhough it is a great album) most people only talk about that particular album and immediatly say it is their best, without taking a look at the older stuff...
20.05.2006 - 21:39
kakalokola
The Box-set MEtalogy is one of the most wonderfull things in my life !!! , about the new album Angel Of Retrobution is ana amazing album too ,
anything comes out from the gods of metal should be good !:banger:
20.05.2006 - 23:26
Daru Jericho
Yes, the new album is a concept album and I certainly look forward to it! Judas Priest are one of my absolute favourite bands (fave album being Painkiller) and they still have talent. Angel Of Retribution was a strong album with memorable guitaring. I need to catch this band on tour, I really do so I'll make an absolute great effort to see them live 2007!
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

21.05.2006 - 11:52
Hyvaarin
Oh my god I hope they tour Australia for the new album.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
21.05.2006 - 12:58
okt31
Account deleted
Magnificent band! I worship them with Ripper too
IMO they dared and succeeded with Jugulator,m Demolition is not that good, but it's not far behind. Anyway their secnod best is Painkiller, no JP fan can list that album outside of his top3
\m/
21.05.2006 - 18:32
Baz Anderson
staff
what is your favorite then if 'Painkiller' is your second favorite?
surely not 'Jugulator'..?

i like both the albums with Tim Owens - i havent just ignored them
i think 'Jugulator' is by far the better out of the two - i think people that have just ignored the Tim Owens albums would be pleasantly surprised with 'Jugulator'
13.06.2006 - 22:50
Dam3k
I love this band and it's becoming one of my favourites... but I still need to listen to more stuff, I have just around 20 songs... that's not enough I think... =) however, among that ones are several of my favourites songs such as "Electric eye" or "Freewheel burning".
About the cds of the Ripper I think them are good! Maybe not as legendary as the other ones but anyway them are cool, I prefer Ripper performance on Judas Priest than in Iced Earth, the high-pitched vocals are better for Judas Priest than for Iced Earth
----

14.06.2006 - 17:23
Baz Anderson
staff
Written by Dam3k on 13.06.2006 at 22:50

I love this band and it's becoming one of my favourites... but I still need to listen to more stuff, I have just around 20 songs... that's not enough I think... =) however, among that ones are several of my favourites songs such as "Electric eye" or "Freewheel burning".
About the cds of the Ripper I think them are good! Maybe not as legendary as the other ones but anyway them are cool, I prefer Ripper performance on Judas Priest than in Iced Earth, the high-pitched vocals are better for Judas Priest than for Iced Earth

yeh, if you are relativly new and dont know where to start or anything - you could get the '73 - '93 metalworks compilation
that has stuff from nearly all albums on it and is really good for a veritey of Judas Priest stuff

when i was getting into Judas Priest, my first albums were 'Screaming For Vengeance' 'Killing Machine' Sin After Sin' and 'Defenders Of The Faith'
i dont suppose it really matters what you start off with though, it is all fantastic - there were only a few albums that took me a while to get into though, and they are 'Ram It Down' which i now think is one of their best, and 'Defenders Of the Faith' which i think is another brilliant album too

you cant really g owrong with Judas Priest. haha
14.06.2006 - 17:34
Dam3k
Written by Baz Anderson on 14.06.2006 at 17:23

Written by Dam3k on 13.06.2006 at 22:50

yeh, if you are relativly new and dont know where to start or anything - you could get the '73 - '93 metalworks compilation
that has stuff from nearly all albums on it and is really good for a veritey of Judas Priest stuff

when i was getting into Judas Priest, my first albums were 'Screaming For Vengeance' 'Killing Machine' Sin After Sin' and 'Defenders Of The Faith'
i dont suppose it really matters what you start off with though, it is all fantastic - there were only a few albums that took me a while to get into though, and they are 'Ram It Down' which i now think is one of their best, and 'Defenders Of the Faith' which i think is another brilliant album too

you cant really g owrong with Judas Priest. haha

Sure not, the prob is that I get the music stuff by a p2p who doesn't let me to dl albums, so I need to dl them song by song... like an ocean leaking drop to drop... that's hard , anyway, I have a bit of each album and for sure the most known songs and so on...
----

15.06.2006 - 00:26
Baz Anderson
staff
haha yeh - i used to have to percevere like that, but then i decided just to buy them all. haha
there are a lot of not so well-known songs that are really brilliant as well though
15.06.2006 - 00:39
Dam3k
ye, that's always for sure, there are a lot of Iron Maiden songs not well-known that I like a lot...
----

24.06.2006 - 02:06
DLMokoma
Account deleted
I have the British Steel album. I like it really much. The best one is Grinder.
24.06.2006 - 10:03
TheKreator
Account deleted
hehe..British Steel is one heavy metal's BEST albums...Angel of Retribution was a great comeback..almost as good as Painkiller
24.06.2006 - 20:22
Baz Anderson
staff
i dont rank 'British Steel' as being one of their best albums though. that was just their commercial breakthrough
i think probably all of their albums before it apart from 'Rocka Rolla' is better then it - and i think probably all of their albums after it are better as well apart from 'Point Of Entry' and 'Demolition'
-i do like the album a lot, i just think most of their others are better..
25.06.2006 - 20:56
Demonizer
I like British Steel a lot except for breaking the law, living after midnight and united, but all the other track are really good, but very simple in an AC/DC like way. However I don't think it's one of their best either, it's somwhere in the middle as far as I'm concerned. Their 70's albums are what I concider to be their greatest material and Ram it Down and Demolition are 2 of their worst (in almost every possible way)
25.06.2006 - 21:35
Baz Anderson
staff
haha yeh - i havent given 'Demolition' much of a chance yet, but i have listened to it
i have the limited edition one with two bonus tracks and stuff - and i dont think it is that spectacular at all, although i quite like 'Machine Man'

it took me a long time to get into 'Ram It Down' - but i love it now. i really really really like it
'Hard As Iron' 'Blood Red Skies' and 'Love You To Death' being my favorite tracks from it
i think it is a really good, solid, heavy metal album released the year i was born
25.06.2006 - 23:04
Demonizer
I've got the same limited edition of demolition as well and "what's my name" (Ripper wrote the lyrics on that one, but it only appeared on the australian limited edition i believe), but I only like machine man and bloodsuckers.
I think ram it down has some killer solo's (title track, hard as iron) and halford's voice is in good shape, but the songwriting and production aren't up to the bands usual standards...personaly I like Turbo better. Sure, it's pop metal , but it's not as bad as many claim it to be!! and the reckless is one of my all time fav tracks
26.06.2006 - 14:06
Hyvaarin
Turbo is awesome. As silly as it may be, 'Turbo Lover' will remain one of my favourite songs for a long time. The chorus never, ever fails to make me smile.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
26.06.2006 - 23:40
Warman
Erotic Stains
Cool band, don't listen to them so much but I will start someday. Painkiller and Breaking the Law are awesome songs!
----
27.06.2006 - 02:58
Baz Anderson
staff
Demonizer: yeh. i will definatly have to give 'Demolition' another go - i never like to think any album is a bad album, so we will see waht we can do for my view of it. haha
i used to think the same of 'Jugulator' but then i really got into it and i think it is rather good now
12.09.2006 - 12:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 17.05.2006 at 18:57

They are definetly BREAKING THE LAW!!! The pioneers of heavy metal. Amaizing band. Screaming for vengance, Sad Wings Of Destiny, Painkiller, British Steel... amaizing albums

Pioniesr of Heavy Metal hmm, dont agree Led eppelina nd Black sabbath and some other bands and early Judas Priest sound was different, specely firts album ''Rocka Rolla''
I like ''British Steale'' it was first album, thay introduse me deeper in metal how I know before, specely when I hear in radio song ''Braicking The Law'' it was great and after this album hmm I dunt say i dont like them, but not so much how early Judas Priest
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.09.2006 - 19:06
Freezer
JP is awesome, one of the greatest bands ever, i really like Ram it Down and Painkiller, also like the others, but these two in a particular way. Their return in 2005 with Angel of Retribution was really good!!
----
We fly through this godless endeavor, we try to explain the black forever
14.09.2006 - 08:03
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I'm currently in the process of buying their discography, with some exceptions, and so far I've loved every album. My favorite is probably Sad Wings of Destiny because of the glorious song, Victim of Changes. That whole album gives me a Black Sabbath vibe, and the last two tracks remind me of Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen.

I can't wait for their new album. I'm just hoping it will be as good as Angel of Retribution.
14.09.2006 - 15:11
Illusionist
Account deleted
This is...Spinal Tap!

Er, I mean Judas Priest.

Yeah, they're cool and all, but the new album's gonna have to be pretty spectacular to beat British Steel or Painkiller.
14.09.2006 - 15:18
Baz Anderson
staff
well it doesnt matter if it doesnt 'beat' them albums, i just want it to be a good album
i seriously doubt it will be better then albums like 'Painkiller' 'Sad Wings Of Destiny' 'Killing Machine' 'Screaming For Vengeance' etc. - i just hope it is going to be a good album!
they havent put one bad album out in over 30 years though in my opinion, so i have high hopes for this