Metal Storm logo
Judas Priest

Original post

Posted by Demonizer, 17.05.2006 - 17:11
ha! now I've got the opportunity to open a thread for my fav band, I'll certainly take it!!

So who else is curious about the new album?? apparantly the band is hoping to start their next tour in early 2007
30.05.2011 - 05:42
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
How old is this thread
30.05.2011 - 05:47
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Guest on 30.05.2011 at 05:42

How old is this thread

About as old as the band.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
30.05.2011 - 05:49
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 30.05.2011 at 05:47

Written by Guest on 30.05.2011 at 05:42

How old is this thread

About as old as the band.

Nice
02.06.2011 - 22:11
NyarlathoTim
I just recently got '98 Live Meltdown, their live album with Ripper. He actually does a good job with all of Halford's old stuff. It's worth a listen. Just go ahead and skip over the Jugulator-era stuff, though.
----
Burning Shadows - US Power Metal
Recently Vacated Graves - Zombie Metal
Isenmor - Folk Metal
11.06.2011 - 00:06
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Just found the setlist from the first show on Priest's Epitaph tour:

1. Battle Hymn/Rapid Fire
2. Metal Gods
3. Heading Out to the Highway
4. Judas Rising
5. Starbreaker
6. Victim of Changes
7. Never Satisfied
8. Diamonds & Rust
9. Dawn Of Creation/Prophecy
10. Night Crawler
11. Turbo Lover
12. Beyond the Realms of Death
13. The Sentinel
14. Blood Red Skies
15. The Green Manalishi (With the Two-Pronged Crown)
16. Breaking the Law
17. Painkiller

Encore:
18. The Hellion/Electric Eye
19. Hell Bent for Leather

Encore 2:
20. You've Got Another Thing Comin' (Richie solo)

Pretty good setlist, although they could have played one or two more rare gems, and its disappointing that no Ripper Owen's era songs made their way into the set. Awesome that they're playing "Starbreaker" and "Blood Red Skies" though!
11.06.2011 - 20:08
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
"Beyond the Realms of Death"
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
21.06.2011 - 06:58
mortjoyeux
Woooo, got floor tickets for the Vancouver show in october!! So stoked.
04.07.2011 - 00:03
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Angelic Storm on 11.06.2011 at 00:06

Just found the setlist from the first show on Priest's Epitaph tour:

1. Battle Hymn/Rapid Fire
2. Metal Gods
3. Heading Out to the Highway
4. Judas Rising
5. Starbreaker
6. Victim of Changes
7. Never Satisfied
8. Diamonds & Rust
9. Dawn Of Creation/Prophecy
10. Night Crawler
11. Turbo Lover
12. Beyond the Realms of Death
13. The Sentinel
14. Blood Red Skies
15. The Green Manalishi (With the Two-Pronged Crown)
16. Breaking the Law
17. Painkiller

Encore:
18. The Hellion/Electric Eye
19. Hell Bent for Leather

Encore 2:
20. You've Got Another Thing Comin' (Richie solo)

Pretty good setlist, although they could have played one or two more rare gems, and its disappointing that no Ripper Owen's era songs made their way into the set. Awesome that they're playing "Starbreaker" and "Blood Red Skies" though!

It's that exact setlist they played at the mindblowing show i came home from right now. only after You Got Another Thing Comin', Halford said "give it up for big boy Scott Travis! these guys want one more song!!" it's quite simple to guess what they played as the very last song

i knew it would be difficult to top Accept's concert last year as the best i've ever seen, but the mighty Priest did just that. it's as if the list was hand picked by myself, i also didn't check it out and i was genuinely awed by how many of my favorite songs they picked, especially at Blood Red Skies, which i never dreamed of seeing played live. it's pretty much Priest's most epic song, and i remember they lit the stage in red and there were lasers and flames in the back while Halford screamed "never surrender!!" near the end. can't get more epic than that.
04.07.2011 - 02:41
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Valentin B on 04.07.2011 at 00:03
It's that exact setlist they played at the mindblowing show i came home from right now. only after You Got Another Thing Comin', Halford said "give it up for big boy Scott Travis! these guys want one more song!!" it's quite simple to guess what they played as the very last song

i knew it would be difficult to top Accept's concert last year as the best i've ever seen, but the mighty Priest did just that. it's as if the list was hand picked by myself, i also didn't check it out and i was genuinely awed by how many of my favorite songs they picked, especially at Blood Red Skies, which i never dreamed of seeing played live. it's pretty much Priest's most epic song, and i remember they lit the stage in red and there were lasers and flames in the back while Halford screamed "never surrender!!" near the end. can't get more epic than that.

So it's a song started by Scott Travis? They'd already played Painkiller by then, so... it must have been Living After Midnight?

Well, the best concert Ive ever seen is still the Priest one I seen in 2005, and I don't expect it'll ever be topped. Sounds like it was an awesome evening, glad you had a great time!

Oh.. and how was Richie? I might be going to see Priest myself in a couple of weeks time... but Im worried because KK wont be there. With how you seemed to enjoy the show so much, Im taking it you found Richie to be a more than adequate replacement?
04.07.2011 - 09:58
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Angelic Storm on 04.07.2011 at 02:41

So it's a song started by Scott Travis? They'd already played Painkiller by then, so... it must have been Living After Midnight?

Well, the best concert Ive ever seen is still the Priest one I seen in 2005, and I don't expect it'll ever be topped. Sounds like it was an awesome evening, glad you had a great time!

Oh.. and how was Richie? I might be going to see Priest myself in a couple of weeks time... but Im worried because KK wont be there. With how you seemed to enjoy the show so much, Im taking it you found Richie to be a more than adequate replacement?

well, Halford said in an interview recently that Richie helped inspire more energy and youth in the band, and that's pretty much how it was, the guy was moving around a lot and headbanging while munching a piece of gum for almost the whole show. I imagine his breath was quite clean by the end that's not to say the other guys weren't great, but you could see for miles that he's half their age. He's also a pretty decent guitarist, and mostly emulated KK's solos while adding his own twist. at one point he even used a flying V with a floyd rose, which along with his blond hair and sunglasses basically made him a younger clone of KK.

that's right, it was Living After Midnight, and the funny thing was Halford's announcement that followed: " [...] these guys want one more song!! and since it's after midnight, you know what we're gonna do?" it was 22:45 when they started it haha.
04.07.2011 - 18:17
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Valentin B on 04.07.2011 at 09:58
well, Halford said in an interview recently that Richie helped inspire more energy and youth in the band, and that's pretty much how it was, the guy was moving around a lot and headbanging while munching a piece of gum for almost the whole show. I imagine his breath was quite clean by the end that's not to say the other guys weren't great, but you could see for miles that he's half their age. He's also a pretty decent guitarist, and mostly emulated KK's solos while adding his own twist. at one point he even used a flying V with a floyd rose, which along with his blond hair and sunglasses basically made him a younger clone of KK.

that's right, it was Living After Midnight, and the funny thing was Halford's announcement that followed: " [...] these guys want one more song!! and since it's after midnight, you know what we're gonna do?" it was 22:45 when they started it haha.

Munching gum? :\ Im trying to think if there's any other guitarists I know who chew gum on stage, but I can't think of any! Can think of a few who smoke on stage, but none who chew gum. But yeah, if he has a girlfriend, she must be delighted, cos he probably has minty fresh breath all the time. Sounds like he's a pretty decent replacement, I'm looking forward to seeing him now actually!

Ha... it could only really have been couldnt it? lmao @ the Halford comment! He probably says that all the time, not realising how stupid it sounds when its far from mindnight sometimes when they play it.
04.07.2011 - 18:27
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Angelic Storm on 04.07.2011 at 18:17

Ha... it could only really have been couldnt it? lmao @ the Halford comment! He probably says that all the time, not realising how stupid it sounds when its far from mindnight sometimes when they play it.

yeah, it's really quite a Spinal Tap moment you think about it. same with Manowar's song "Metal Warriors" played live at the Earthshaker festival in Germany. just at the end, the vocalist Eric Adams emphasized the "leave this fucking hall!" part, even though they were playing an open air show.

Anyway, i'm pretty sure you'll enjoy it as it's definitely far, faar better than their past tours, this is really what it means to be going out with a bang. Near the end Rob let out a smile and even Glenn started hopping around, lost in the awesomeness and fun they're having on stage. When even a 63 year old man can jump and smile while playing his music on stage in front of 15.000 screaming fans, you know it's the real thing.
22.09.2011 - 02:16
Music4TheSpirit
MetalForTheSpiri
elite
Oh well I'm gonna see them on the weekend but i have to say i'm not all satisfied with the setlist, i mean, it isn't bad but i was specting to hear some other songs, just a little bit of shame for me, anyway....

And one thing that is intriguing me is that they are opening with War Pigs, at least the dates in latin america they had, just curious why they would make a black sabbath cover on their retirement tour
----
In this days we seem to be limited by scientific knowledge
"I'm a good man... while that don't interfere with my interest" Anonymous , taken from the low moderm and post-moderm consciences
03.10.2011 - 11:12
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Music4TheSpirit on 22.09.2011 at 02:16

Oh well I'm gonna see them on the weekend but i have to say i'm not all satisfied with the setlist, i mean, it isn't bad but i was specting to hear some other songs, just a little bit of shame for me, anyway....

And one thing that is intriguing me is that they are opening with War Pigs, at least the dates in latin america they had, just curious why they would make a black sabbath cover on their retirement tour

by now you probably realized that War Pigs is just a taped intro, and the setlist, which is something you can never please every fan with, was as good and varied as humanly possible.

i'd like to see anyone who expected more out of the show (or especially the peeps who are complaining) play 2 hours and 15 minutes at that level of mastery every other night while in their early 60s and wearing a leather outfit, or riding a Harley on stage with 10 kilograms of leather and steel weighing down on their shoulders. Priest, out of every other band out there, is currently the best rock/metal concert band, no question about it. I know guys a third their age who are stone-faced shoegazers compared to these guys.
09.10.2011 - 18:48
Music4TheSpirit
MetalForTheSpiri
elite
Written by Valentin B on 03.10.2011 at 11:12

Written by Music4TheSpirit on 22.09.2011 at 02:16

by now you probably realized that War Pigs is just a taped intro, and the setlist, which is something you can never please every fan with, was as good and varied as humanly possible.

i'd like to see anyone who expected more out of the show (or especially the peeps who are complaining) play 2 hours and 15 minutes at that level of mastery every other night while in their early 60s and wearing a leather outfit, or riding a Harley on stage with 10 kilograms of leather and steel weighing down on their shoulders. Priest, out of every other band out there, is currently the best rock/metal concert band, no question about it. I know guys a third their age who are stone-faced shoegazers compared to these guys.

Yeah it was just a tape, still wonder why they choose it for opening, and well i think they were some more classics left out to other non so classic songs, but it's ok,

The concert was just great, Halford's screams specially in victims of changes are incredible, thought it's not close to what it use to the good times, he make an efford but he didnt really care for his voice, like for example steven tyler who still sings like you were playing the records, just to compare him to someone of his age... Anyone it was a very good show i am happy i have the chance to see them
----
In this days we seem to be limited by scientific knowledge
"I'm a good man... while that don't interfere with my interest" Anonymous , taken from the low moderm and post-moderm consciences
31.10.2011 - 23:49
king_matt
Painkiller, while a good album, is probably the most overrated album ever. Sad Wings of Destiny is where it's at, bro.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
24.02.2014 - 14:42
Aristarchos
Personally never understood how Judas Priest can be so popular. I'm a huge fan of Maiden and Dio, but never understand what's so great about Priest. But I can't of course deny them their influence and placed them as no. two on my list of most influential metal bands
24.02.2014 - 18:50
Lit.
Account deleted
^ Pffffffffffffffff, naaaaaahhh.
04.04.2014 - 15:57
Valentin B
Iconoclast
The new album is finished apparently they were strangely very silent about the new release....
04.04.2014 - 17:58
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Valentin B on 04.04.2014 at 15:57
The new album is finished apparently they were strangely very silent about the new release....

Not really - or at least not if you follow them/their label page on Facebook. They did a bunch of interviews, talked about the process as it went on, and even gave hints as to what fans should expect. Pretty much hyped it as much as any other band would hype a new release.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
14.05.2014 - 16:58
Jtbmetal123
Written by deadone on 24.02.2014 at 15:19

Written by Aristarchos on 24.02.2014 at 14:42

Personally never understood how Judas Priest can be so popular. I'm a huge fan of Maiden and Dio, but never understand what's so great about Priest. But I can't of course deny them their influence and placed them as no. two on my list of most influential metal bands

My opinion exactly.

I can't stand their music but am grateful for their pivotal contribution to the genre.

I agree as well. Well said.
14.05.2014 - 20:45
Warman
Erotic Stains
I used to think like these guys above me. Until I gave "Painkiller" a thorough listen...
----
14.05.2014 - 20:53
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
I fell in love with Painkiller when I first heard it and it was one of the few old school metal albums I could play on the regular. Its replay value isn't that great though, especially when you notice all the songs follow basically the exact same structure. Too formulaic for repeated listens, but good as a fun and upbeat heavy metal album.
----
14.05.2014 - 23:36
Mattybu
Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.05.2014 at 20:53

I fell in love with Painkiller when I first heard it and it was one of the few old school metal albums I could play on the regular. Its replay value isn't that great though, especially when you notice all the songs follow basically the exact same structure. Too formulaic for repeated listens, but good as a fun and upbeat heavy metal album.

I would say that the majority of the time I tend to pick and choose songs from albums while I listen to music rather than listen to whole albums, and I will say Painkiller is a really good album for that. Sometimes when you just need a few minutes of the grandiose type of stuff on that album One Shot at Glory or the title track hits the spot.

I don't listen to Painkiller nearly as much as their early stuff though. Despite being somewhat inconsistent I believe their early albums are where the classics lie.
20.06.2014 - 15:53
Ganondox
Written by Aristarchos on 24.02.2014 at 14:42

I prefer them to Dio, though I think I like Maiden the most of the three. For one, they have one of the best vocalists ever. I used to not like Halford's singing much, but after I heard the live version of Diamonds and Rust and Dreamer Deceiver I was sold, that guy has a killer voice. While they generally aren't as complex as the other bands, they've got some really catchy riffs and songs as well.
26.07.2014 - 11:26
Hellish Star
New album ain't bad, needs time but will never be a classic one
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
11.12.2014 - 21:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.12.2014 - 08:04
Ganondox
05.03.2015 - 10:32
Deathmaster
I will finally be seeing the Judas Priest this may! It has been a long time coming. I are very excite!
----
"While I live let me live deep."-Robert Howard
20.03.2015 - 18:36
Branowar
Account deleted
The 30th anniversary of Defenders of the Faith reminded me of just how killer that entire album is.