Metal Storm logo
1st of April Tokio Hotel - Humanoid review

1st of April Tokio Hotel - Humanoid review

Posted by: Bas
Date: 02.04.2010

8.7 | 7 votes

Ok ladies and gentlemen, boys and mostly girls (I'm assuming you're a girl if you're reading this review); the newest Tokio Hotel album - Humanoid. First of all this albums rocks incredibly hard. Of course there will always be the haters, those that think Tokio Hotel is overly tame, lame emo-rock for little girls, and in certain ways they might be right. But who cares, just look at Bill's hair! Everyone who can put his finger into an electricity socket like that gives Mayhem a run for their money (of which Tokio Hotel deservedly have more) in the badass department.

To mirror that fact, TH's newest output is infinitely heavier and more guitar-driven than its predecessors. Not only that, it's also emotionally deeper than almost all other well known high quality rock acts out there right now (even the good stuff like Nickelback). If you want a comparison, consider these German boys the Depeche Mode AND Iron Maiden of today (and of the future). A few heart-rending ballads, alternative elements and a distinct sci-fi feeling round off the incredibly original package.

Yes yes, I know what you're thinking. This band is kinda gay, and perhaps you're right. All I know is that I agreed before reviewing this album, but now that I gave it a true chance, the only thing I still agree with are the girls screaming their lungs out at the mere thought of the Kaulitz brothers and the other two (whatever their names was again, they aren't all that important anyhow). It's a kind of see it to believe it thing, but always keep this in mind girls: androgyny is fuckin' hawt.

It takes a lot of talent to create an album like this at such a young age. If you still don't believe that this band's got the juice, you should know that among various other awards, they've already won MTV Music Awards for "Best International Act" (2007), "Best New Artist", "Best Video", "Song Of The Year", "Best Ringtone" (all 2008), and even "Best Group" (2009). Now if that isn't impressive, I don't know what is.

Performance: 9
Songwriting: 10
Originality: 9
Production: 8

Rating: 9.2

Comments page 2 / 2

Comments: 49   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 331 users
01.04.2010 - 11:27
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by X-Ray Rod on 01.04.2010 at 01:54

Their old demos were quite good indeed, really kvlt stuff. And that singer, if I didn't knew any better I'd say he was a she... XD

I'd make love to every hole God gave 'er.

Don't judge me. It's not gay. A warm hole is a warm hole.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
01.04.2010 - 12:01
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Doc G. on 01.04.2010 at 11:27

It's ok dude, for me it was worse I think. The first time I saw this guys [?] I thought that the singer was a girl and the first thing I said was: "Hey... if you change her haircut to something more... normal, then she will be kinda hot".

My sister was watching the music video too and said "hey... are you REALLY sure it's a woman? It's kinda weird".

And then we sat like 3 other minutes watching the music video thinking if it was a woman or man... We finally gave up and searched for it in the internet.

The revelation time sucked...
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
01.04.2010 - 12:05
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by X-Ray Rod on 01.04.2010 at 12:01

It's ok dude, for me it was worse I think. The first time I saw this guys [?] I thought that the singer was a girl and the first thing I said was: "Hey... if you change her haircut to something more... normal, then she will be kinda hot".

My sister was watching the music video too and said "hey... are you REALLY sure it's a woman? It's kinda weird".

And then we sat like 3 other minutes watching the music video thinking if it was a woman or man... We finally gave up and searched for it in the internet.

I'm sure he'll make some bear very happy one day.
----
- George Carlin
01.04.2010 - 13:09
Amergin

You're hilarious! XD

"It takes a lot of talent to create an album like this at such a young age."

*bwahahahah*:lol:
01.04.2010 - 14:39
RafaRata

This album is indeed a Masterpiece...
01.04.2010 - 15:13
cobrapel
Concept One
I can't believe in
01.04.2010 - 15:20
Warman
Erotic Stains
Priceless

My favourite part of our annual April fools joke is the users who falls for it.
----
01.04.2010 - 15:33
cobrapel
Concept One
Now breathe......
01.04.2010 - 17:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Lol band has members and some albums in profile ... next think make it visible
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.04.2010 - 18:05
Vrana

LOL.
01.04.2010 - 18:14
BudDa

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 01.04.2010 at 00:14

Bwahahahaha! Nice. XD I can't wait for the Nickelback reviews.

Hahaha. That has made my day. The review too; coz I have actually listened to this album..and its SOOOO full of Shit!!
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
01.04.2010 - 21:55
Slayer666

Hahaha, the perfect final touch, the magnum opus of this year's April Fool's day, featuring SelloutStorm.
This whole thing made my otherwise incredibly crappy day.
Hails for Met....I mean, SelloutStorm staff!
01.04.2010 - 23:30
Zhao
The Arkaholic
Atleast its not as cruel as Pain of Salvations April 1st, they tricked me into looking for some nonexistant samples from Road Salt.
02.04.2010 - 00:37
Winterthrone

Written by Doc G. on 01.04.2010 at 12:05

I don't know if the funniest thing is your joke in itself or the fact that you seem to know a lot about the bear culture!!!!!!!! Funniest prank of the day btw!!! In Quebec we got a good one to, a site said our prime minister was quitting is job and that their was an investigation on him by the RCMP...lol, so I have doubts on everything I saw today!
02.04.2010 - 07:41
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Winterthrone on 02.04.2010 at 00:37

Written by Doc G. on 01.04.2010 at 12:05

I don't know if the funniest thing is your joke in itself or the fact that you seem to know a lot about the bear culture!!!!!!!! Funniest prank of the day btw!!! In Quebec we got a good one to, a site said our prime minister was quitting is job and that their was an investigation on him by the RCMP...lol, so I have doubts on everything I saw today!

I only know about bear culture because according to a lesbian friend of mine, I'm quintessential bear bate. Ever since then I've questioned every large man who talks to me.
----
- George Carlin
02.04.2010 - 19:06
Got Mayhem?

Not quite sure why this got an 8 for production. I found it to be the perfect mix between the hugeness of SYL's City and the kvltness of Mayhem's PFA demo.
----
02.04.2010 - 21:05
Fat & Sassy!

Written by Doc G. on 02.04.2010 at 07:41

I only know about bear culture because according to a lesbian friend of mine, I'm quintessential bear bate. Ever since then I've questioned every large man who talks to me.

I am sorry for you. I remember when I first heard about "bear culture", I thought it had something to do with hunting... but it doesn't... wait, actually I guess it sorta does in a way... D:
05.04.2010 - 21:41
Growing

"If Jesus likes Tokio Hotel, then I need to find a new Lord and Savior. " If the review is not funny at least the comments are.
05.04.2010 - 21:47
Fat & Sassy!

Written by Growing on 05.04.2010 at 21:41

"If Jesus likes Tokio Hotel, then I need to find a new Lord and Savior. " If the review is not funny at least the comments are.

I know. *I* enjoyed that joke quite a bit too... >:[

Hits total: 11293 | This month: 4