Disc III [DVD] [tour edition bonus]
+ Making Of Imaginaerum
+ Storytime [video]

Additional info
Tour edition released on April 11, 2012

Staff review by
Baz Anderson
Rating:
Seventh album Imaginaerum is the band's second with new singer Anette, and comes with the added twist of an accompanying feature-length film next year. Nightwish who have always been at the forefront of symphonic metal, provide this latest addition to the catalogue with good intentions. Although presented as a stand-alone album, it perhaps pushes the line between creative indulgence and focused musicianship too far.

Read more ››
published 01.12.2011 | Comments (86)

Found in 69 lists
Top lists

Comments page 6 / 7

Comments: 191   Visited by: 2225 users
29.04.2012 - 05:04
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Soani on 28.04.2012 at 20:23
I think it couldn't. Budget is only 3,7 million.

There are some great low-budget films (3.7m being a lot higher than your average indie flick) and some big-budget busts.

I expect this to be shit because it's Nightwish, not because of the money involved.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
30.04.2012 - 04:56
Rating: 9
Promonex
Cathemeral
"Only" 3.7 million. I lol'd.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
02.05.2012 - 19:55
Rating: 10
Soani

Written by Promonex on 30.04.2012 at 04:56

Sorry... The best Holywood's productions are abou 100 - 200 millions -,-
02.05.2012 - 20:00
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Soani on 02.05.2012 at 19:55

Well ya, for movies like Avatar. Nearly four million is a very generous budget, considering some directors manage to release some really great films on budgets well under the million dollar mark.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
02.05.2012 - 20:38
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Hehehehehe she said "best".
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
03.05.2012 - 02:10
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by Soani on 02.05.2012 at 19:55

Written by Promonex on 30.04.2012 at 04:56

I'd happily take either of these over those Avatars, Transformers, Green Lanterns or Pearl Harbors.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
03.05.2012 - 06:35
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Well, that forces the movie to focus on other things aside of the visuals and the music (which already dissapointed a considerable amount of listeners).
06.05.2012 - 18:23
Rating: 8
The Melting Snow

The album has it's good parts. but sometimes i wonder does this even qualify as Metal? :|
07.05.2012 - 03:23
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by The Melting Snow on 06.05.2012 at 18:23
The album has it's good parts. but sometimes i wonder does this even qualify as Metal? :|

If you like the music... does it matter?
----
07.05.2012 - 18:11
The Melting Snow

Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.05.2012 at 03:23

Written by The Melting Snow on 06.05.2012 at 18:23

If you like the music... does it matter?

did i say it does? :p
07.05.2012 - 18:45
Zhazhael
Account deleted
7 Rating???
24.05.2012 - 23:58
serega25

Wonderfull album! All songs are great! Annet sings very good! The Nightwish is dead? No, they are back! And Im really happy because of that!
27.05.2012 - 18:50
Soani

Written by serega25 on 24.05.2012 at 23:58

Wonderfull album! All songs are great! Annet sings very good! The Nightwish is dead? No, they are back! And Im really happy because of that!

I'm totally agree
23.07.2012 - 10:53
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
I actually enjoyed this album, as someone who lived off this type of music but now listens to Doom and Death more. It''s a step up from the last crappy album. Not very metal, but pleasant all the same.
28.08.2012 - 16:31
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
For me its the release of the last year...cant help myself not to like almost everything there...and i especially love how Anette proved herself as a talented singer worth of Nightwish
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

12.10.2012 - 14:44
Ethan1994

My favourite Nightwish album ever!!
13.01.2013 - 01:20
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by Lustful Maid on 11.01.2013 at 21:13

An album combined with Jazz, Folk and Power elements, yet remaining the traits of Gothic genre.

I can hear the jazz, folk and power, but where do you hear gothic in this album?
----
05.03.2013 - 10:36
Rhiannon
Account deleted
I'm surprised I like this so much, I expected much worse after Dark Passion Play. Toumas takes you on a journey though his Hans Zimmer-inspired fantasy world, with epic songs like Ghost River, I Want My Tears Back and Last Ride Of The Day. Sure, it's more like movie score music than metal, but who cares? And Anette has really outdone herself in this album, especially on Scaretale and Song of Myself. I even like Slow, Love, Slow because of her, although I hate jazz. And when I finally accepted her as the singer of Nightwish, she has been kicked out But i wish her the best, and hope the next Nightwish album will be as good as this.
05.03.2013 - 19:08
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Guest on 05.03.2013 at 10:36

I expected much worse after Dark Passion Play

thats it - we all expected much worse and got actually much better and surprising album
----

10.06.2013 - 11:35
Rating: 7
NorthernDickhead

Written by Ellrohir on 05.03.2013 at 19:08

Written by Guest on 05.03.2013 at 10:36

I expected much worse after Dark Passion Play

thats it - we all expected much worse and got actually much better and surprising album
Where did you find surprising part? Boring album,my opinion.
14.06.2013 - 21:18
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Then why u rate it seven, if it is boring? that makes no sense
----

11.08.2013 - 01:56
SUHAYL

Awsome Album ,best in my oppinion
15.03.2014 - 23:29
Rating: 7
ohmayhem

Ugh....why is this an 8...
15.03.2014 - 23:39
fandango68

I was pleasantly surprised by it, especially after DPP, which sagged a bit for me...
----
First gig was Manowar (loincloths 'n' all), Bristol Colston Hall in March 1983, on the 'Hail to England' tour. Tickets were £3.75, 300 in the audience, Mercyful Fate never showed, but my hearing still got seriously trashed..
12.04.2014 - 22:03
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
They should re-record this album with Floor...
----
pewpew.. gotcha
05.07.2014 - 02:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Is this Nightwish? wait a sec, I dont know anymore, seems band is lost in its own fary tail and wants to live it but to be at level to please a record companies they cant be as some story where fantasy hero wins
I dont think Tarja would be good in this album, but 1th song in the finnish ... Annete dont fits even Marco is singing... I like some songs as Storytime(where she is singing ''blue blue sky'') , I want my tears back, Turn Loose The Mermaids, song of myself ,, speaking parts , good album but ... if band want to continue they should remeber elvenpath and old days ,.... Floor can save one studio, but not more , less prog, opera, more guitar, remeber mid 90's gothic
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.10.2014 - 18:32
SongsOfDarkness
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 05.07.2014 at 02:55

Is this Nightwish? wait a sec, I dont know anymore, seems band is lost in its own fary tail and wants to live it but to be at level to please a record companies they cant be as some story where fantasy hero wins
I dont think Tarja would be good in this album, but 1th song in the finnish ... Annete dont fits even Marco is singing... I like some songs as Storytime(where she is singing ''blue blue sky'') , I want my tears back, Turn Loose The Mermaids, song of myself ,, speaking parts , good album but ... if band want to continue they should remeber elvenpath and old days ,.... Floor can save one studio, but not more , less prog, opera, more guitar, remeber mid 90's gothic

Knowing that Tuomas knows how to combine so many things in his music, I do not think it's that difficult. With the Gothic touch they might still not sounding much like a movie soundtrack, and more like Nightwish, hmm, Tristawish?
11.10.2014 - 18:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 11.10.2014 at 18:32

Knowing that Tuomas knows how to combine so many things in his music, I do not think it's that difficult. With the Gothic touch they might still not sounding much like a movie soundtrack, and more like Nightwish, hmm, Tristawish?

other female fronted bands lost its touch buts till band need go back to roots, they have money, why not make century media little poorer and fans happier?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.10.2014 - 18:51
SongsOfDarkness
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 11.10.2014 at 18:34

Written by Guest on 11.10.2014 at 18:32

other female fronted bands lost its touch buts till band need go back to roots, they have money, why not make century media little poorer and fans happier?

Not exactly should return to its roots, just bring that magic that albums like Oceanborn had, again. I think they are musically much better now than before, BUT, too much exaggeration in the Orchestral and fantastic elements. Like you said, more guitars, more Gothic, and more dark atmosphere, with the current musicianship skills, and it will be the perfect Nightwish.
11.10.2014 - 18:56
SongsOfDarkness
Account deleted
Incidentally, I think it really is not about money that why they make this kind of music now, rather Tuomas wanted to 'beat' himself and left the line. Anda, like Opeth. At first albums, they were excellent with dark touches, time passed, and just make music based on a mellotron that repeats over and over again, sounding like a cheap copy of seventies progressive rock.
In the case of Nightwish, the mellotron is the orchestra. I hope they make something inspiring in the next album.

Hits total: 71425 | This month: 69