Metal Storm logo
Nachtmystium - New Album Details Revealed

US Black metal band Nachtmystium have revealed more details about their upcoming album. The new full-length, which will be entilted Addicts: Black Meddle Pt. II, is set for a release on June 8th via Century Media. The disc was recorded once again with Sanford Parker (Minsk) at Volume Studios. The band has enlisted the talents of Wrest (Leviathan, Lurker Of Chalice, Twilight) to record all drum tracks as well as Will Lindsay (Wolves In The Throne Room, Middian) on bass for this new album.

There will also be a limited edition, double gatefold vinyl featuring the bonus track "Macrocosmic" and an iTunes exclusive bonus track featuring "Every Last Drop" remixed by James Plotkin (Khanate, Phantomsmasher). Artwork was done by Jimmy Hubbard and Seldon Hunt and the album features guest vocals by Bruce Lamont (Yakuza) and guitar solos by Russ Strahan (Pentagram) and Matt Johnson (Pharoh).

Blake Judd further describes his excitement over this upcoming album: "Our love for post rock and industrial (a la Ministry, Killing Joke, etc) is even more present this time around. We feel that we made a record that will continue to push extreme music into uncharted territories. We hope to see you all soon."

Addicts: Black Meddle Pt. II tracklist :

01. Cry For Help
02. High on Hate
03. Nightfall
04. No Funeral
05. Then Fires
06. Addicts
07. The End Is Eternal
08. Blood Trance Fusion
09. Ruined Life Continuum
10. Every Last Drop

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: Nachtmystium
Posted: 07.04.2010 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 67 users
07.04.2010 - 13:11
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Yay another boring album that fails to live up to Instinct: Decay. Even namedropping famous musicians and bands doesn't excite me.

Hang on, Killing Joke, post-rock? Me doth believe they meant post-punk. Surely they didn't mean Ministry.
07.04.2010 - 14:16
Everlost

"Hang on, Killing Joke, post-rock? Me doth believe they meant post-punk. Surely they didn't mean Ministry."
He said post rock and industrial...
07.04.2010 - 14:19
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Yes but neither come anywhere near to post rock. Ministry are clearly industrial (industrial metal actually, there's a big difference) and Killing Joke, especially recently, have had an industrial edge. But post rock? Not in a million years.
07.04.2010 - 20:27
Winterthrone

Written by Guest on 07.04.2010 at 13:11

Yay another boring album that fails to live up to Instinct: Decay. Even namedropping famous musicians and bands doesn't excite me.

Hang on, Killing Joke, post-rock? Me doth believe they meant post-punk. Surely they didn't mean Ministry.

What? You didn't like Assassins: The Black Meddle Pt.: 1? Ok, but you can't say it's a boring album. It's certainly one of the most original and unpredictable albums I heard in the last decade. I am looking forward to hear that new album. If it's anywhere close to the last one, I'll be very happy!
07.04.2010 - 20:37
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Sorry, I felt that album and the following EP were incredibly insipid and bland, much in the same way as Wolves in the Throne Room went steeply downhill after the Two Hunters album, they adopted a flat, uninspired style that's far from "psychedelic" or even interesting. Without the harsher elements it just feels like it's missing something vital.
07.04.2010 - 21:00
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Assassins was a good album, but didn't live up to Instinct. i'm sure this one will be good/decent as well.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
07.04.2010 - 23:51
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
None of their albums have been mind blowing, but there definitely has been a steady buildup of of quality over their last few releases.
----
Coldgrits
08.04.2010 - 04:28
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by Guest on 07.04.2010 at 20:37

Sorry, I felt that album and the following EP were incredibly insipid and bland, much in the same way as Wolves in the Throne Room went steeply downhill after the Two Hunters album, they adopted a flat, uninspired style that's far from "psychedelic" or even interesting. Without the harsher elements it just feels like it's missing something vital.

So what's "psychedelic" for you ?
Btw I thought Assassins was a great album and I'm looking forward to this one here. Lots of hate on Nachtmystium.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
08.04.2010 - 11:56
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Visioneerie on 08.04.2010 at 04:28

Btw I thought Assassins was a great album and I'm looking forward to this one here. Lots of hate on Nachtmystium.

Psychedelic is a hugely abused phrased these days, anything that even vaguely rips off Pink Floyd gets slapped with that tag but for me truly psychedelic has to be trippy, layered, mind melting music or at least spacey and vaguely euphoric. Solstafir's recent albums, Enslaved's Isa, literally any of Skullflower's work (the truest definition of psychedelic) and certainly Nachtmystium's Instinct: Decay to some extent all have varying degrees and styles of psychedelia. I just think because Nachtmystium once did the psychedelic thing people are quick to retag them as such and maybe it does conform to the styles many 70's bands set but the whole thing doesn't inspire me. After all the term is derived from the effect created by certain kind of drug, new Nachtmystium doesnt exactly give me that impression.
08.04.2010 - 18:16
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by Guest on 08.04.2010 at 11:56

Written by Visioneerie on 08.04.2010 at 04:28

Psychedelic is a hugely abused phrased these days, anything that even vaguely rips off Pink Floyd gets slapped with that tag but for me truly psychedelic has to be trippy, layered, mind melting music or at least spacey and vaguely euphoric. Solstafir's recent albums, Enslaved's Isa, literally any of Skullflower's work (the truest definition of psychedelic) and certainly Nachtmystium's Instinct: Decay to some extent all have varying degrees and styles of psychedelia. I just think because Nachtmystium once did the psychedelic thing people are quick to retag them as such and maybe it does conform to the styles many 70's bands set but the whole thing doesn't inspire me. After all the term is derived from the effect created by certain kind of drug, new Nachtmystium doesnt exactly give me that impression.

Hmm, while Isa is a great album I wouldn't call it any more psychedelic than Assassins. Maybe on songs like Lunar Force and the S/T but for the most part I would just say it's well written progressive stuff. I think the metal band that came the closest to "psychedelia" is Voivod with albums like Nothingface and Phobos. However, to get back on topic, I wouldn't say Nachtmystium are purely psychedelic, because they obviously aren't but they do have some elements and that gives em' the label stapled to their music. Let's face it though, if we were to look at metal, Nachtmystium would be one of the bands to have more psychedelic influences than most.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
09.04.2010 - 07:33
distorted rage

Put me down for the limited edition vinyl
----
'We entered Winter once again...The sun sets forever over Blackwater park'

Hits total: 2701 | This month: 3