Metal Storm logo
KoRn - Sign To Roadrunner Records

Korn has signed a worldwide recording deal with Roadrunner Records.

The band's first release on the label will be its ninth studio set Korn III - Remember Who You Are, produced by Ross Robinson, who collaborated with the band on its first two albums. An exact street date is yet to be announced, although a spokesperson for the label says it's eyeing a June 2010 international release.

In 2005, Korn inked a widely reported two-album deal with EMI/Virgin, which netted the metal stalwart $25 million upfront from the major (Billboard.biz, June 9, 2007). As part of the deal, EMI acquired a 30% stake in Korn's overall business through to 2010. The new deal with Roadrunner Records is a worldwide recording agreement that doesn't include any other ancillary rights.

"When it came to putting this record out, we could not think of anyone better to help us than Roadrunner, the only label that even understands rock music anymore," said bassist Fieldy in a statement.

According to Roadrunner Records, Korn has sold 30 million albums worldwide since its eponymous debut was released in 1994.

Source: modlife.com
Band profile: Korn
Posted: 08.04.2010 by Ozzy88

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 30 users
08.04.2010 - 18:28
BenWasHere

New album had better go back to their earlier heavy stuff. I love Korn's old stuff.
08.04.2010 - 20:23
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Korn + Roadrunner? they will fit to this society...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

08.04.2010 - 21:03
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
The Records are the last thing I'll ever care when listening to album. I wish I couldn't even know what is the recording studio.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
09.04.2010 - 02:15
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
Yeah, I don't see the big deal with what label what band is with. But hey as long as the album is good then yeah.

Written by BenWasHere on 08.04.2010 at 18:28

New album had better go back to their earlier heavy stuff. I love Korn's old stuff.

I've heard that band has stated they'll be going back to a style closer to their first two albums. And they've ditched using pro-tools as well, which is a big plus.

Hits total: 1699 | This month: 4