Ozzy
Lemmy Kilmister
Dave Mustaine
Udo dirkschneider

Total votes: 323
09.08.2006 - 14:37
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I vote for udo.the power he puts in his vocals is so uplifting(head over heels for example) and he's got some range there,i tells ya!
and don't forget to give an argument
09.08.2006 - 15:38
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
To me no one is better than Bruce Dickinson. The power in his singing is amazing
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
09.08.2006 - 16:04
Wo0dy
Account deleted
Chuck
King Diamond
Dave Mustaine

IMO
09.08.2006 - 16:09
Beer Fairy
Uh, it was a hard descision, but i voted for Udo. I prefer german singers like him.But as i said it was very difficult to decide, the others are wanderful singers too
09.08.2006 - 16:21
Stigmatized
A lot of great vocalists you have listed there. All are legendary in some way I think. I voted Bruce Dickinson...typical I know. But the guy has a great voice, I've always like it. Second would have to be Ronnie James Dio.....the guy has a incredible set of vocal chords.
09.08.2006 - 19:22
MetalSpider
I voted for Bruce Dickinson. He has a powerful and unique voice. If he was singing in a crowd of a thousand people, I think I would be able to recognize his voice.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
09.08.2006 - 22:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Its hard

Udo, well I like his voice, I had hera him live and I like Accept and UDO, but in Accept his voice has diferent how in UDO, in UDO its more agresive

Lemmy - his voice are great, totaly great voice, totaly drunk vouce, totaly young /drunk voice, I love it.

Dave - Well his voice it depends in early Megadeath his voice was childish/teenish, in leither years more man voice

Bruce, Bruce - There comes a sirane down to earlains

Rob - Well early and leither years I prefere Judas Priest in Britsih Steal era, leither he coppy UDO.

James - Actualy his voice sounds great in all peroids, even after cutting hair

OZZY - well Black sabbath era it was so eavil, so doom, so dark, so crying, so sad voice, but in OZZY, so happy from alcohol overdose

DIO - Elf well actualy I can voment, Rainbow-Its great and speedy, Black Sabbat - try be evil, Dio, funnny evil

OTHER -
Bon Scott
Brian Jonson
Venom vocals too, and I cant mention other

But also Doro, her voice are great too
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.08.2006 - 22:55
Baz Anderson
Staff
well i am not sure who counts as having a 'classic metal voice'
so i just voted for my favorite out of that list up there
and its got to be the one Robert Halford doesnt it - you dont get much better then Judas Priest, and the vocals are one of the most powerful features of the band
even still he has a fantastic voice
09.08.2006 - 23:57
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I guess it would be a choice between Bruce, Ozzy and Halford for me...they're both two classic vocalists who each had an equal helping hand in innovating the metal vocals...Ozzy might not talk properly anymore but he still kicks ass on the vocals...i'm not really sure how that works but whatever...modern science can't explain that one hah...Halford has that high-pitched power metal voice...Bruce has that power metal style too that helped establish that mean and aggresive powe metal vocal styling...I guess I can't vote on one...I'll pock bruce, Ozzy and Halford for having the best classic metal voices hah

Alright, alright...i'll pick one....Ozzy is the ultimate classic...

And if you wanna be an neutral as possible, you could easily say that each of those vocalist have been innovative in their respected sub-genres of metal...
10.08.2006 - 02:26
danzig111
Account deleted
no mannnnn! no Thrash!!!!! no Thrash!!!!! Thrash came after Traditional / Old School Metal!

hmmmf, fine then, your thread, your rules, if that's how you must play, then my vote goes to Kai Hansen ov Helloween lol!

10.08.2006 - 11:07
Valentin B
Iconoclast
lol.everyone said"i like x the most.after him,dio"but dio didn't get any votes
also classic metal=70's-80's metal
10.08.2006 - 11:09
Valentin B
Iconoclast
well ok not everyone,but it's funny how he always gets second place on this thread
11.08.2006 - 04:18
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Bruce Dickinson seemed like the obvious choice at first but then I thought of another singer,and that was Andy Muck of Stormwitch,listen to them and you'll know why;)
11.08.2006 - 07:57
Endoftherainbow
I voted for Bruce Dickinson he has such a killer voice and he can hit some pretty high notes. My next choice would be Dave Mustaine though because he has such an agressive unique voice. On all of the early Megadeth albums you could really hear the anger in his voice that's what I like about him so much. I probably should have voted for him because everyone's voting for Bruce because he's an almost obvious choice. My favorite thing in anything he sings though is in Aces High at the end where he screams Aces Highieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
11.08.2006 - 09:39
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Dio, easily. The rest are great too, but I can easily go for Dio over them.
----
The force will be with you, always.
11.08.2006 - 18:46
Dam3k
I'll vote Bruce Dickinson when the fucking ban allow me... -.-
----

11.08.2006 - 20:10
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
1. Bruce Dickonson
2. Rob Halford
3. Dio
4. Dave Mustain
5. Hansi Kursch
6.. Paul Di'anno

What more can be Said.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
11.08.2006 - 20:14
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Endoftherainbow on 11.08.2006 at 07:57

I voted for Bruce Dickinson he has such a killer voice and he can hit some pretty high notes. My next choice would be Dave Mustaine though because he has such an agressive unique voice. On all of the early Megadeth albums you could really hear the anger in his voice that's what I like about him so much. I probably should have voted for him because everyone's voting for Bruce because he's an almost obvious choice. My favorite thing in anything he sings though is in Aces High at the end where he screams Aces Highieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Preach it brother!!!
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
11.08.2006 - 20:28
Warman
Erotic Stains
James Hetfield! I love his warm, catchy voice. Whether he sings the fast songs or the ballads, he always sings them perfect. Without doubt one of my favourite vocalists.
----
14.08.2006 - 04:03
Fimbulvetr
Account deleted
Lemmy! Because he has the most fucked up voice in the world but he is just so amazing in everything. All the other are also great but Lemmy is unique.
14.08.2006 - 05:22
Alouqua
Account deleted
Written by Baz Anderson on 09.08.2006 at 22:55

well i am not sure who counts as having a 'classic metal voice'
so i just voted for my favorite out of that list up there

Same here! I guess i vote for Bruce Dickinson, i recognize his voice everywhere
14.08.2006 - 05:34
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
This was really hard, but I voted for Rob Halford. That dude can hit some crazy notes.
14.08.2006 - 05:45
tulkas
el parcero
I voted Ozzy. I don't know exactly what it is that he does, but something about his voice really gets to me. It's really wierd, but great at the same time
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
14.08.2006 - 05:48
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Ozzy has a very unique voice and I almost voted for him, but I like Halford slightly better.

Currently listening to Flying High Again by Ozzy
15.08.2006 - 01:12
Xeolord
Account deleted
I just went with Ronnie James Dio for the heck of it. Really, its a hard choice for me between Dio, Dickinson, Eric Adams, Rob Halford, and maybe even David Defeis.
15.08.2006 - 02:11
DarkMistress
Bruce Dickinson had an amazing voice and i really like his job in Iron Maiden, but i prefer Rob Halford, his voice and his accent are pretty different, it´s kind of an "emotive" voice for me
----
Wait in fire
15.08.2006 - 03:37
Baz Anderson
Staff
yeh, accents arent really a thing you think of when you think of singing - or at least i dont either
i can always recognise an English singer though
i always got the impression that everyone else thought the way we speak was stupid. hahaha
22.08.2006 - 23:48
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Ronnie James Dio is the greatest (entre dio y dios hay una letra de diferencia, between Dio and god there's a word of difference).
24.08.2006 - 06:29
nana.MD
Star-Queen
hmm....i don't know, they're all different...from those 8 i'd say:
- james hetfield
- rob halford
- bruce dickinson

...i believe hetfield's and halford's voice is way more classical than dickinson, imo bruce's voice is more common, easily recognized but still not that unusual...i think there are other unique voices, some: tom englund (evergrey), chuch schuildner (death), muhammed suicmez (necrohagist)
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
26.08.2006 - 19:04
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
I went with other, because I can't say which is better. My favorite from your list is Halford, the best one from there has to be although Bruce Dickinson. But I have to name 4 more great vocals (there are so many but these ones are just great): Geoff Tate form Queensryche (how can anybody forget him?), John Cryiis from Agent Steel, the vocal with the probably the best high pitched pipes, Midnight from Crimson Glory, damn this guy rules & Tom Malicoat from Lethal, one of the best prog bands ever. Except these guys there are tons of other great voices but hey they are too many!