Metal Storm logo
Best traditional metal voice

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 09.08.2006 - 14:37
I vote for udo.the power he puts in his vocals is so uplifting(head over heels for example) and he's got some range there,i tells ya!
and don't forget to give an argument

Poll

which has the best voice?

Bruce Dickinson
Dio
Rob Halford
James Hetfield
other(specify)
Ozzy
Lemmy Kilmister
Dave Mustaine
Udo dirkschneider

Total votes: 323
11.01.2008 - 07:47
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Dio! The METAL voice! He's like God!
11.01.2008 - 18:11
Ascalon

Dickinson for me. after him the most well known voice comes from Rob Halford, after those ones maybe Ozzy or Dio ... the classics.
----
"Follow your steps and you'll find, the unknown ways are on your mind" (Angra)
12.01.2008 - 12:22
Abattoir

I vote for B. Dickinson with no doubt...but I like Lemmy's vocal too rock 'n' roll man...hehe
12.01.2008 - 12:33
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Lemmy Fucking Kilmister all the way !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Many would hit me in the face.. But I don't Like Bruce Dickinson... boring for my tastes, I don't like Maiden...

I wanted to pick James... But some songs are not so good with the vocals...
Dave was a good choise too.. Soooooooo It was between him and Lemmy...
And I love the violent voice of Lemmy...
It wasn't a hard decision =p
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
12.01.2008 - 14:32
Olli

Dio, the first metal singer I ever heard so that my have influenced my decisions. His voice is extremely powerful
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
12.01.2008 - 15:01
MetalMiker
Account deleted
Dio with ease... he's pure class and has the most powerful voice you'll ever hear. I saw him live here with Heaven And Hell, and at 65 years of age he still left everyone in awe of the sheer majesty of his voice. He got me into metal and I used to obsess about every little detail of his vocal performances on every song he'd ever done.
13.01.2008 - 21:03
Son of Odin

Even if my fav band is Maiden I will give this vote to the one and only Metalgod - Rob Halford!
Very powerful voice, not many other singers can reach his level.
----
METAL UNITES US ALL!
15.02.2008 - 22:53
Stigma
Account deleted
Ever since I heard Aces High, Bruce Dickinson has been my favorite vocalist.
17.02.2008 - 23:26
john_mcc

I vote for Dio - the perfect voice for Heavy Metal and he is simply incredible live as well.
18.02.2008 - 05:07
Godfather

Bruce Dickinson is the man , the beast lead singer on the world.
Dio and Halford are there too , yeah:banger2:
19.02.2008 - 03:48
iaberis
Advice Troll
Clearly Bruce the man! Most influential metal vocalist of all time...
----
Bitch! Please
24.02.2008 - 16:25
cadenz

Marco Hietala of Tarot.
07.05.2008 - 16:58
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
i like JaymZ then OZZY. and about bruce dickinson which is top here i can say that if have to choose a voice in that style i would choose Rob Halford cause i think if Halford screams,bruce will be deaf
09.05.2008 - 21:54
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
i voted for dio his voice is amazing, but tbh i dont think bruce dickinson is that good, and iron maiden has never really appealed to me
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
12.05.2008 - 02:55
carlithrashinmad
Account deleted
Damn hard poll...I voted for Ozzy, I think it most be the hardest voice to imitate, Ozzy sings very unique and wonderful... I specially love how he sings on Sabbath Bloody Sabbath ... these polls should have an "all of the above" option
30.05.2008 - 17:50
Vizz666
Account deleted
I voted "other",what about John Bush of Armored Saint or Eric Wagner of Trouble,both great vocalists.
30.05.2008 - 17:54
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 30.05.2008 at 17:50

I voted "other",what about John Bush of Armored Saint or Eric Wagner of Trouble,both great vocalists.

True, biooth are brilliant in those bands. It's a shame that Eric left Trouble and is now replaced by Kory Clarke (Warrior Soul)
I am happy that I still saw Eric with Trouble at Roadburn festival this year.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.05.2008 - 21:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Trroble isnt it doom metal band I know its doom but maybe are soem other what I dont know and AS are awsome
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.05.2008 - 22:05
Gordon Freeman

I voted for Halford because I love all things Judas Priest.

But I have to give some love to Udo and his trademark bark.

"You've got your...balls to the wall!"
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
11.10.2008 - 13:20
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Bruce in a league of his own !!!! i also think rob halford is magnificent
11.10.2008 - 13:25
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I'm also voting Dickinson. I guess for obvious reasons.. his voice is simply unique.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
29.10.2008 - 04:46
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Its gotta be Halford. Metal started of with a more high pitched vocal style and his is the most impressive to me.
----
Coldgrits
01.11.2008 - 11:56
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...there's no other voice like halford's...dickinson's vocals are great too but speaking about the most traditional voice in metal i think rob get's a couple of steps ahead...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
01.11.2008 - 12:36
himfuckingrocks
Account deleted
I love james hetfields voice just because of its uniqueness
01.11.2008 - 13:38
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Guest on 01.11.2008 at 12:36

I love james hetfields voice just because of its uniqueness

Hetfield Original? I can sing like him without even trying and I'm pretty sure anyone else can if they try.
----
Coldgrits
03.11.2008 - 02:52
mortjoyeux

Ahh this was close for me, Bruce or Rob.
I went with Bruce though, seeing maiden live was just too good to be true and his vocals were amazing, even better than they are on albums imo.
Rob has vocals I love as well, but there's just something about Bruce's I love.
03.11.2008 - 03:00
Hrothdane

It really comes down to Halford and Dio for me, and as much as I love Halford's unique voice and style, Dio's voice is just so powerful. Priest does make consistently better music though >_>
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
02.12.2008 - 04:35
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Shit, I hate this tough polls like this one (jaja). I have always considered Dickinson, Halford, Ozzy and Dio the voices of metal, they have something special, and in some way the put their signature in the world of metal, often imitated, but never equal. Come on, Halford is the "Metal God" and Dio is "The Voice Of Metal", being called like that is not easy. Singers of the greatest bands of their time, c'mon who hasn't heard of Maiden, Priest or Black Sabbath? (And no, I'm not underrating the solo career of each one).

By the way, my vote goes for Dickinson, he is the voice of Iron Maiden (Paul is cool too, I know). Hard choice, I love them all!
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
03.12.2008 - 00:35
benvolent

I voted for James Hetfield - well, that's nostalgy!

And by the way I suggest John Garcia from Kyuss, which has a perfect Metalvoice imo, although this wasn't really a pure metalband. But he's quite powerful! Always this little anger in his voice and a charming timbre, if he likes(d)..
----
The struggle to free myself of restraints, becomes my very shackles
03.12.2008 - 14:25
TheBigRossowski

Ozzy fucking Osbourne! Everyone is such a huge DIO fan, but voices like that are so 'pretty' and peppy. I've tried so hard to listen to that stuff, but honestly... I can't! I have a preference to rawness.

And Ozzy has a sick, despondent voice! At least in the early Sabbath days anyways.

I even prefer 'Killers' to 'Powerslave', etc. Paul had a rough voice and the overall sound of those first two albums was really raw.

Even Quorthon wasn't into Judas Priest and all that.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?