12. Silverwing
13. Bridge Of Destiny
14. Wings Of Tomorrow [Europe cover] [Japanese bonus]
15. Walk In The Shadows [Queensrÿche cover] [Japanese bonus]
16. Bury Me An Angel [live] [Japanese bonus]
17. The Immortal [live] [Japanese bonus]
18. Bridge Of Destiny [live] [Japanese bonus]

Additional info
Produced by Arch Enemy. Mixed by Andy Sneap.

Release dates:

28 Sep: Europe
06 Oct: USA

"The Root Of All Evil" features a selection of completely re-recorded tracks from the first three Arch Enemy albums, "Black Earth", "Stigmata" and "Burning Bridges".

Found in 3 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 9   Visited by: 208 users
13.04.2010 - 14:53
Rating: 7
_blackened

It's great see Angela singing musics they were sung by Johan...
But, the Angela's vocal it's different? She seems to make more effort... like says here "desafinada".
Or just change the line...?
----
What d'ont kill you, make you most strong.
Rise, fall, down and rise again.
20.04.2010 - 12:15
Rating: 9
Roro

I enjoyed this one!
17.11.2010 - 20:06
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I'm just listening to this album now...I've heard her sing these songs live and its great to hear them recorded professionally...
18.11.2010 - 18:29
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Every single song on this was better in it's original version. The songs are all great, but the original versions with Johan are the best. :\
18.11.2010 - 19:02
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Angelic Storm on 18.11.2010 at 18:29

Every single song on this was better in it's original version. The songs are all great, but the original versions with Johan are the best. :\

Absolutely true. I even dare say her forced (overrated) voice even ruins the songs.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.11.2010 - 22:24
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.11.2010 at 19:02
Absolutely true. I even dare say her forced (overrated) voice even ruins the songs.

I actually think the production, and the rearrangement of some songs is a bigger problem than Angela's vocals. Although I definitely prefer Johan's vocals for Arch Enemy (mainly because they were unique, and had soul to them), Ive never been an Angela hater. And enjoy most of the stuff Arch Enemy have done with her on vocals. My problem with this album, is the originals were already perfect as they were. Everything about the re-recordings is worse. The production, the performances, the vocals (even if I dont hate them), the arrangements... it just feels like old Arch Enemy-diluted, which is not a good thing.
19.04.2012 - 11:50
Rating: 3
Kuroboshi

I just listened to this for the first time, and honestly it sucked. Why? Well, the album would be decent (a weak 7) on its own, but the only keep remembering the original versions, which were so much better, raw and powerful. Angela's vocals are so one-dimensional and boring, to say the least.
19.04.2012 - 16:39
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
When I had my ratings up I gave this a four, and I was being pretty fuckin' generous. Probably the worst production value of any album I've heard, and I've gone through Striborg's discography.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
30.06.2012 - 01:38
lord artan

Oh come on angela every body know you good but Johan Liiva...let's do not talk about it ok?

Hits total: 7662 | This month: 14