Metal Storm logo
Arkona

Original post

Posted by Eddie, 09.08.2006 - 15:38
Arkona is a Russian band, who play Pagan Folk Metal. So there are some Black Metal undercurrents in it, but the folk side is mostly present, thats why I placed it in the Melodic Metal Forum.

The bands vocalist Masha "Scream" sings in her native language, she also proves to have a good grunt. Masha is pretty much the face of the band, giving Arkona their sound. The rest of the music is based around traditional melodies and instruments with the combination of the usual Metal instruments.

Alright, enough introduction stuff. Time to check out their music. Arkona released a great DVD this year, and has put it on their site for download, free of charge, which is really cool obviously. Check it out right here, its really quite good:

650 MB version, great quality
290 MB version, still very good quality

The links are taken from their official site, right from here. Hesitant to download? Look at this promotional video from youtube.

For a review of their debut album, click here

So well, what do you all think about this band? I kind of fell in love with them
31.03.2008 - 12:56
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by WELICORUSS on 14.03.2008 at 13:40

mmmm... I like this band! There are very popular here, in Russia!

Which is more popular in Russia, Temnozor or Arkona??
----
03.04.2008 - 00:17
Promonex
Cathemeral
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZjFOk7PKm0

Arkona at Ragnarök Festival. Report coming up soon. Probably the best gig of the whole festival!
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
03.04.2008 - 16:17
makosh'
Account deleted
the second place!hooray)))

that was fabulous...

stalker,of course,Arkona is much more popular)I had never heard about Temnozor))))
04.07.2008 - 16:13
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Guest on 03.04.2008 at 16:17

the second place!hooray)))

that was fabulous...

stalker,of course,Arkona is much more popular)I had never heard about Temnozor))))

damn, I hope youre kidding!! Because, you MUST know Temnozor damnit!

Ohh... one month left untill they (Arkona) come here... I cant wait!!
----
24.07.2008 - 13:59
Macedonia
Account deleted
Well I think Arkona is one of the best folk metal bands. The russian folklor give something special in their songs. I cant wait for 6 August!
25.10.2008 - 21:23
Khaldi

great band

Masha (scream)

----
Urartu is a NeoHittite and ProtoArmenian kingdom !!
30.10.2008 - 06:21
Heathen14
Account deleted
30.10.2008 - 14:17
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Just for the sake of avoiding all sorts of reports: we do allow download links if they are given/hosted/uploaded/allowed by the band themself!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
30.10.2008 - 18:53
Heathen14
Account deleted
This links from Arkona's official website:
http://arkona-russia.com/ru/news/170.html
30.10.2008 - 21:35
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by Guest on 30.10.2008 at 18:53

This links from Arkona's official website:
http://arkona-russia.com/ru/news/170.html

Yeah, that's what Lucas was on about. People have already reported your post as Rapidshare links rarely are legal, but as yours has been published by the band itself, Lucas made that post to stop people from reporting yours.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
31.10.2008 - 14:16
Hellish Star

I received two cd's for review about this band. Especially 'Vo Slavu Velikim' (For the Glory of the Great) is a great album
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
31.10.2008 - 19:59
Khaldi

Written by Hellish Star on 31.10.2008 at 14:16

I received two cd's for review about this band. Especially 'Vo Slavu Velikim' (For the Glory of the Great) is a great album

yes, it is correct, "Во славу Великим"(2005) in contrast with "От сердца к Небу"(2007) very great album . but why that second has more popularity
----
31.10.2008 - 20:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Khaldi on 31.10.2008 at 19:59

yes, it is correct, "Во славу Великим"(2005) in contrast with "От сердца к Небу"(2007) very great album . but why that second has more popularity

I realy dount Hellis Star cvan read "От сердца к Небу'' same incuding me I hardly can do it
Ot Cer K Ie greek letter are much easyer

Why popular media work and its like firts always are in underground and band is from Russia thats why its lil harder go to Europian and world market
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
31.10.2008 - 20:23
Hellish Star

Written by Khaldi on 31.10.2008 at 19:59

This release has more catchy songs, is more intense, contains better musicianship...
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
31.10.2008 - 20:37
Khaldi

Written by Bad English on 31.10.2008 at 20:19

I realy dount Hellis Star cvan read "От сердца к Небу'' same incuding me I hardly can do it

"От Сердца к Небу" - "Ot Serdca k Nebu" - from heart to sky
"Во Славу Великим" - "Vo Slavu Velikim" - for the glory of great
----
31.10.2008 - 20:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Khaldi on 31.10.2008 at 20:37

Written by Bad English on 31.10.2008 at 20:19

"От Сердца к Небу" - "Ot Serdca k Nebu" - from heart to sky
"Во Славу Великим" - "Vo Slavu Velikim" - for the glory of great

I understand russian, but cant read
----

apos;'
[image]
31.10.2008 - 21:10
Promonex
Cathemeral
I can read Russian, but cannot understand it

@vishapakahr: Ot Serdca k Nebu has been released on Napalm Records which has a much bigger distribution than their former labels/distributors Sound Age and Stormblast. Add the fact that they've made their breakthrough in Europe at about the same time as Ot Serdca k Nebu was released (last year's Rock for Roots and this year's Ragnarök Festival have contributed a lot to this) and you have enough reasons why it's more popular than their former albums. I don't really care, I love all albums as they all have some killer tracks and no weak songs at all. Gotta love the cover of Vo Slavu Velikim though.
----
31.10.2008 - 21:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Promonex on 31.10.2008 at 21:10

I can read Russian, but cannot understand it

@vishapakahr: Ot Serdca k Nebu has been released on Napalm Records which has a much bigger distribution than their former labels/distributors Sound Age and Stormblast. Add the fact that they've made their breakthrough in Europe at about the same time as Ot Serdca k Nebu was released (last year's Rock for Roots and this year's Ragnarök Festival have contributed a lot to this) and you have enough reasons why it's more popular than their former albums. I don't really care, I love all albums as they all have some killer tracks and no weak songs at all. Gotta love the cover of Vo Slavu Velikim though.

I can reda greek but cant understand
I can read whit lattin letters not kyrlic ,

About Album covers I dont like non of covers , its hard understand what band mean by those covers and you shood know werry good ancient russiam history, gods etc tooo

Alos this band was so low rated because in those days Scandinavian folk metal wa smuch overated, all wanna get Korpiklaani how this band
----

apos;'
[image]
11.11.2008 - 15:58
Macedonia
Account deleted
The new Arkona video was posted on Youtube for the song Slavsa Rus! It is simple but very interesting just like the song.
24.07.2009 - 09:00
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Took me some time to get into their music, but it is great...and unlike some other similar bands from east, there is no shadow of members' ideology on them
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

07.10.2009 - 17:32
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
About the new "Goi, Rode, Goi!" song and vid - wonderful...should be their best album, if other songs keep same power...cant wait!
----

07.10.2009 - 22:15
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Got that right, I can't wait either.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
09.10.2009 - 16:05
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
MySpace/Arkona

Most their new album is available on stream.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
27.10.2009 - 23:27
Eddie
Retired Mod.
I have given the Goi, Rode, Goi! 2-3 spins now, and its definitely another diamond! Can't say yet if it is their best, I need a few more listens for that statement, but damn, it's bloody awesome in it's own right already. I hadn't even noticed that they featured the dudes from Heidevolk, but it was a nice surprise to hear some Dutch in there all of a sudden haha.

Get it when you can!
28.10.2009 - 12:53
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Yes, it is really great album...but so far i havent found so many moments like on "Od serdsta k nebu"...but maybe i just need more time
----

04.11.2009 - 15:01
Baz Anderson

Hold on... that's a woman!
04.11.2009 - 15:13
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Baz Anderson on 04.11.2009 at 15:01

How long have you been listening to Arkona without knowing their singer Mary?
04.11.2009 - 15:16
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Ernis on 04.11.2009 at 15:13

How long have you been listening to Arkona without knowing their singer Mary?

And it's not like she sounds like a man. First time I heard Arkona it was as clear as can be that that was a woman singing.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.11.2009 - 15:21
Baz Anderson

LOL. I've never listened to them before today. Quite liking what I am hearing though!
04.11.2009 - 18:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

Its long way till Angela level of singing
I never know thet singer is women, till I didnt read a line up and vocalist female, it was suprise since I heard abnd before know who's singer
----

apos;'
[image]