Metal Storm logo
Textures - Part Ways With Keyboardist

Official press release

Keyboard player Richard Rietdijk has left Textures to pursue other interests. In a statement to the band's fans he had to say the following:

Dear fans,

After 10 awesome years playing synths in the band, I've decided to leave Textures. There are other projects (music and other) I've been wanting to do for a while now and currently the time and effort it takes to be in the band is in the way of me achieving those.

I want to thank all you fans for your continued support and making this journey as awesome as it has been. I got the rare opportunity to travel and meet the most awesome people from all over the world and appreciate the sustained contacts online. I hope all of you will continue supporting this hardworking band. They earn every bit of it. Their next album will blow your socks off, believe me!

To the guys (including the crew) I'd like to say it's been an absolute honor and a privilege to have been in this band, seeing and helping it grow from this small local band to the phenomenon it is now. It will take a while to get used to not doing this with you guys anymore, and I'll cherish the friendship we have forever. I wish you guys well in all your future endeavors. You're going to be just fine.

This decade has been one hell of a ride! Thank You!

For people wanting to keep up with my projects either follow me on my Twitter or on my homepage.

The band commented on Richard's departure:

After 10 very great years, it is sadly finally so... our synths & samples-maestro is leaving... We will miss Richard a lot, especially his laugh and his awesome humour..

After Eric left a few months ago, of course we began to think more about our future times...and everything we do along the way. Things change... all the time! For everyone.

We know Richard will have a great time doing the other things he really loves, but meanwhile our tourbus is going to keep hitting the road...we are unstoppable!

So Textures will live on of course, we are in the middle of writing a new album...and at the same time we are keeping our eyes open for a new keyboard player! So keep 'em coming folks!! The band is contemplating how to fill Richard's place within Textures.

In other news the band have announced their first appearances with the band's new front man Daniel de Jongh. The band will perform at Fortarock taking place in Nijmegen, the Netherlands on the 3rd of July and Sikelian Hell on the 24th of July in Palermo, Italy.

Source: richardrietdijk.com
Band profile: Textures
Posted: 14.04.2010 by Dominus

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 24 users
15.04.2010 - 01:04
X5452
Account deleted
AAAAAHHHH!!!! is sudeenly everyone leaving?!
15.04.2010 - 02:08
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@X5452: Agreed...this really is the year of members leaving bands, isn't it...?
16.04.2010 - 02:45
Symmachus
Wow, Textures has recently had an inconsistent line-up. That sucks. Best of luck to them. This decision was respectable; hopefully they'll get a suitable replacement.

Hits total: 3318 | This month: 4