Metal Storm logo
Type O Negative - Peter Steele Dead At 48 [UPDATE]

KNAC, Blabbermouth, The Gauntlet and many other sources claim that Peter Steele of the New York Gothic Metal outfit Type O Negative has passed away on Wednesday 14 April 2010 due to cardiac arrest.

Peter Steele, also known as frontman of the band Carnivore, has already died once as a publicity stunt back in 2005. Due to this, we are not yet going to believe in the rumors of his passing this time around. We'll keep you updated as we find out more.

If he's dead, that sucks. If not, fool me once...

UPDATED

Sadly, Peter Steele's death has now been confirmed to us by an SPV representative. Blabbermouth and even the band's official website also contain confirmation.

Peter Steele is dead at 48. His cause of death is not yet confirmed. There are a lot of fans of the band amongst Metal Storm staffers and users and all of us definitely feel devastated by Pete's untimely passing. You still had a few great albums in you, Peter. It is a shame we will never hear them.

UPDATE

Here's the official word from the band:

"It is with great sadness that we inform you that Type O Negative front man, bassist, and our band mate, Peter Steele passed away last night of what appears to be heart failure.

Ironically Peter had been enjoying a long period of sobriety and improved health and was imminently due to begin writing and recording new music for our follow up to Dead Again released in 2007.

The official cause of death has yet to be determined pending autopsy results. The funeral services will be private and memorial services will be announced at a future date. We'd like to share our thoughts and those of Peter's family below. We are truly saddened to lose our friend and appreciate the tremendous outpouring today from around the world."

Source: knac.com
Band profile: Type O Negative
Posted: 16.04.2010 by jupitreas

Comments page 4 / 4

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 91   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 739 users
21.09.2011 - 21:57
chloem13

Found out the day he died and it still makes me cry when I read about his death
para toda mi vida, I'll love Peter and T.O.N.
I'm just so thankful I got to see my favorite band live before he passed on

Hits total: 19133 | This month: 14