Metal Storm logo
Sonata Arctica - To Record New DVD In Milan

Sonata Arctica are extremely excited to announce their upcoming recording of their second DVD which will take place at the Alcatraz in Milan, Italy on September 30th, 2010.

The band will perform a pretty unique show of at least 120 minutes. Next to songs of their latest albums The Days Of Grays and Unia they also will perform some of the older songs from previous albums plus some very rare songs they didn't play live during the last years. For sure this will be an unforgettable event and a journey from the beginning of their career as one of the most popular Finish metal bands until now.

The DVD will be released in spring 2011 (more release details TBA) through Nuclear Blast Records and Marquee Inc. in Japan and will, next to the show in Milan, contain another show, recorded 2009 during the Sonata Arctica Open Air Festival in their hometown Kemi, Finland. And of course there will be massive bonus material such as "The Making Of", interviews, and plenty of video footage the band recorded the last few years during their career on tour.

[Also thanks to Snbn and Kallis Helmi]

Source: sonataarctica.info
Band profile: Sonata Arctica
Posted: 16.04.2010 by Ruudz

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 62 users
16.04.2010 - 18:55
jess_lacrymosa

I hope to be there
----
What does the winter bring if not ye another spring?:)
Serenade-Kamelot
16.04.2010 - 19:32
GT
Coffee!!
I might have to get that DVD
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
16.04.2010 - 22:32
BlankFile

Another DVD for my collection. This live promises a lot! The Italian fans are surely lucky fellows!
17.04.2010 - 01:04
Silent_wolfer

Awesome! Can't wait!
17.04.2010 - 07:39
Shadowcross
The Summoner
"plus some very rare songs they didn't play live during the last years"

magic!
21.04.2010 - 17:38
Rose Of Nemesis

Alright, this one I want! ^^
09.07.2010 - 00:35
x-avier

If they play everything before UNIA and no popular songs, its a MUST HAVE DVD. If not, it would be bullshit as their last 2 albums have been. I will have to watch the set list before buying this one.

Hits total: 2917 | This month: 4