02. The Ruby Mine
03. A Shape In Fair Disguise
04. Storm Of Terror
05. Into The Faculty Of Wonderful Secrets
06. The Red Jewel
07. The Intense Domain Of Grievousness
08. The 5th And The Hysteric

Additional info
Recorded and mixed at S.M.I. Studios. Engineered and produced by Charmand Grimloch. Mastered at Strype Audio by Tom Kvålsvoll, Tartaros and Mathias Løken. Photos by Mathias Løken. All ideas, music and cover design by Charmand Grimloch. Lyrics on Intro and The Ruby Mine by Nikodemus.

Were you sad when Emperor split? Still craving for more black metal in that distinctive Emperor sound? Well here's something you might have missed. Released the same year as "IX Equilibrium", "The Red Jewel" is the album from Charmand Grimloch, Emperor's keyboard player at the time. Not only that, but Emperor's Trym is also sat behind the drum kit here. This Tartaros album sounds almost identical to "IX Equilibrium" with the addition of some crazy, spacey and psychedelic keyboards added for good measure. Top stuff. Get it.

Baz Anderson's picks | More picks ››
Thumbs up: Ag Fox

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 60 users
17.04.2010 - 22:07
I_Die_Often

This defiantly sounds like an attempt to sound like Emperor, and I think they have no shame in that fact.
The keyboards are indeed a odd at times, and the wail of the female voice, I kept expecting her to lead into the theme from the original Star Trek! WTF was that!
I will stick with Emperor if I want to hear Emperor.
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
18.04.2010 - 14:32
Baz Anderson

Written by I_Die_Often on 17.04.2010 at 22:07

This defiantly sounds like an attempt to sound like Emperor, and I think they have no shame in that fact.
The keyboards are indeed a odd at times, and the wail of the female voice, I kept expecting her to lead into the theme from the original Star Trek! WTF was that!

No... your timeline is wrong. This album and "IX Equilibrium" came out at the same time pretty much. This guy played keyboards for Emperor at the same time.
There is a good chance that Charmand influenced Emperor's sound, seeing as the first Emperor album with him playing keyboards was the first to sound like this.
18.04.2010 - 15:56
I_Die_Often

Written by Baz Anderson on 18.04.2010 at 14:32

Written by I_Die_Often on 17.04.2010 at 22:07

No... your timeline is wrong. This album and "IX Equilibrium" came out at the same time pretty much. This guy played keyboards for Emperor at the same time.
There is a good chance that Charmand influenced Emperor's sound, seeing as the first Emperor album with him playing keyboards was the first to sound like this.

OK, it sounds like IX Equilibrium with odd keyboards and Star Trek theme background chic!
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
29.07.2011 - 14:13
Rating: 10
AXA

Awesome album with awesome drummer \../

Hits total: 4414 | This month: 6