Metal Storm logo
Sevendust

20.04.2010 - 21:20
Kennoth

Even though the band isn't really well known both in the Mainstream or Underground circles, I'm still bit surprised there isn't a topic about them.

Their sound would best be described as...modern...A mix between nu metal (though mostly their earlier work), alternative metal, heavy metal and hard rock. If you're new to this band, check out the singles like Praise or Denial. If you're not, let us discuss them here.

http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/band.php?band_id=3282&bandname=Sevendust
----
*insert something deep and profound*
21.04.2010 - 16:34
Archetype

I can't recall hearing much material from them (or anything that I liked at least) but one of my friends was a big fan a couple of years back. I wouldn't really call them underground though seeing as they have over 350,000 listeners on Last.fm alone.
21.04.2010 - 20:59
Kennoth

Well...now, I never called them underground, but I'm trying to say that both people that listen to mainstream music and underground music don't really know about them. Al least that's the impression I got. Nevertheless, you should check out stuff like Black, Denial, Praise, Face to Face, Crucified, Deathstar etc..
----
08.07.2010 - 01:29
Weaponz248

One of my Fav bands. IMO they have a unique sound. Every album different but in a good way. Sevendust is very good metal.
08.07.2010 - 15:26
Kennoth

Written by Weaponz248 on 08.07.2010 at 01:29

One of my Fav bands. IMO they have a unique sound. Every album different but in a good way. Sevendust is very good metal.

I agree about their sound. It's pretty unique. Though I'm not much of a fan of their latest work.

What's your favorite album? Mine is Animosity.
----
09.07.2010 - 00:48
Weaponz248

Written by Kennoth on 08.07.2010 at 15:26

Written by Weaponz248 on 08.07.2010 at 01:29

I agree about their sound. It's pretty unique. Though I'm not much of a fan of their latest work.

What's your favorite album? Mine is Animosity.

I would have to say its a tie I like Sevendust and Next about the same. But if i had to chose i would say Sevendust
26.01.2011 - 11:28
BattleAxe

Although I'm a bit late to the thread I'd like to add my two cents worth. Sevendust have been one of my favourite bands since I heard 'Home'. I think Sevendust came into their own when they released 'Animosity' and 'Seasons' both of which are my two favourite Sevendust albums. I have not had the chance to see them live yet although, 'South Side Double Live' is an excellent acoustic DVD which I encourage all Sevendust fans to get a hold of.
----
"Metal for life"
28.01.2011 - 02:00
Sonic MrSumo

Written by BattleAxe on 26.01.2011 at 11:28

I think Sevendust came into their own when they released 'Animosity' and 'Seasons' both of which are my two favourite Sevendust albums.

I think the first 5 tracks on Animosity are amazing...for me though, the album loses impact after that.
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
10.04.2013 - 17:06
Jtbmetal123

I love their new album Black Out The Sun. It kicks ass!
09.10.2013 - 20:01
mizrckerz

20.06.2014 - 18:11
Ganondox

I think they are a fine band, but they've never really stood out to me.
04.07.2014 - 05:26
JayMo4

So a lifelong friend of mine is visiting from California for a couple weeks and surprised me with tickets to the local show coming up.

I was a big fan of theirs back in the 90's/early 00's before I'd been exposed to much metal outside of heavy metal, 80's thrash, nu-metal, etc. Once I got into death metal, black metal, prog metal, etc I got away from them. It's not that I quit liking them, I just found stuff that I liked better. I do think Animosity was the best album of the first three - I think I may have heard the next album after that one once or twice and haven't heard anything since.
07.07.2014 - 04:03
Ganondox

Okay, listened to a bunch of their stuff again, and it stands out how they have a really dark and heavy sound for an alternative metal band. Like Disturbed and Slipknot this seems to be because they moved from nu metal to a more traditional heavy metal sound, and they all ended up forming their own unique alternative metal sound, though it seems that Sevendust neither was as based in nu metal as the other bands, nor have they done as much to drop it either. Really unique band.

Written by Jtbmetal123 on 10.04.2013 at 17:06

I love their new album Black Out The Sun. It kicks ass!

Indeed it does.