Metal Storm logo
Symphony X - New Album Title

Progressive metal act Symphony X has set "Paradise Lost" as the title of the follow-up to 2002's "The Odyssey", tentatively due before the end of the year. The band expects to return to the road shortly after the release of the new album.

Source: blabbermouth.net
Band profile: Symphony X
Posted: 10.08.2006 by Damnated

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 11 users
10.08.2006 - 04:14
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Terrible album name...right up there with Andromeda's Chimera....

However...the music is what matters...good news this finally...
10.08.2006 - 05:24
blakemcc
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 10.08.2006 at 04:14

Terrible album name...right up there with Andromeda's Chimera....

However...the music is what matters...good news this finally...

I think its a pretty cool album name...and i hope you know its named afrer an epic poem about the fall of man...so i think its a good story line and a sick name... but to each his own...and yeah the music is basicly all that matters...and the music should b pretty sick....symphony x has yet to let me down
10.08.2006 - 05:58
MetalSpider

Its not a bad album name, but like the both of you said, its the music that matters. Symphony X has produced album after album of excellent music. Im sure they wont let me and the rest of their fans down.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
10.08.2006 - 06:59
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Oh, so now they finially get around to giving us some info on the album that was due out LAST YEAR!!!
----
(space for rent)
10.08.2006 - 07:12
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Alright, alright...Chimera and Paradise Lost are indeed good titles to name things but it's not original...that's all...I'm just saying that more thought should've been due in that department...a lot of people are picky here, not just me...the main concept of the new album is supposed to be about paradise lost though so go figure...I won't go on...

Jed is right...they took too long getting this out and I know Symphony X fans who have by now lost interest...so this actually might be a make-or-break album for Symphony X simply due to the amount of time they took meandering about trying to finally finish this thing...same thing with Vanden Plas...but with Vanden Plas Christ 0 was worth it...if Paradise Lost is another Odyssy then let's see how many Symphony X fans stick around...

We shall see...
10.08.2006 - 13:12
Silhouette

Well, the album name would have been great if there weren't a band called Paradise lost, right?

And about the long release time... That might just make the album even better! Since they'd already delayed the album for so long, they chose to delay it a little bit longer to work even more with the pre-production, which means this recording will be their most well prepared... ever. And that should be pretty good material, right?
I don't think this is "another odyssey", I think it will be a damn good album.

But yes, we shall see.
11.08.2006 - 04:25
Bitch Boy

The name is not that bad. I actually don't like it, but as you all have said, music is what really matters.

@ Kap'N Korrupt: I don't think this one will be "another Odyssey". The have had enough time to write and produce cool and fresh sound. At least I hope so...
11.08.2006 - 18:48
nb

I would love something like V, the new mythology suite
11.08.2006 - 23:00
ylside

No reason to whine about it being postponed to this year rather than last year, someone in the band (I forgot who) was indeed ill or something.

I hope Sx won't let us down.
11.08.2006 - 23:23
Danigar

Well i dont like the title that much, maybe cause yeah there is band with that name and they released an album with that name so it make it a little less appealing, but as you guys had said many times the music is what matters. And well i also feel pretty confident in them releasing a big and fresh album, since they had a lot of time. And im sure they are not gonna let us down and they never will.
@ylside: yeah it was bassist Mike LePond, and well he is so an important piece on the band (everyone is) that they had to wait for him to fully recover.
24.11.2006 - 21:21
SeaSun
Account deleted
Who cares about the album title? As long as the music is as good (and heavy) as the last, I'll be jumping for joy!
. I never thought I'd say this, but if I compare the last two albums, I think I like them even better than Dream Theater at this point (although no righteous prog metal band has yet proven to last as long as DT have on the highest level).

Hits total: 8359 | This month: 7