Metal Storm logo
Arctic Circle

22.04.2010 - 18:59
spirit_inblack
harshhead
One of my fav bands, mainly because they're from the area/city that I associate and grew up around and they're really one of the few good Manitoban metal bands, along with the likes of Culted, Putrescence, Of Human Bondage, etc. The band describes themselves as "bush metal" and to me, it's a very applicable term. They've released a bunch of demos, and one full-length so far, entitled "Forcing The Astral" and released through Profound Lore in 2006.

They black a sort of very fast black/thrash with the odd slower song or slower section in their songs. Of particular note to me are the really great vocals, that often remind me of Cobalt at times, and other times of the screeches of Travis Ryan. The riffs are really, really solid and the drumming is absolutely frantic, and the bass is extremely high up in the mix, very audible.

They're not the most unique band around, but they do what they do with a great character, and being from the Prairies, their music is highly influenced by that, the area is a very low-density population area (town where I grew up was about 600 people and in the middle of nowhere). I also love the song titles, they're quite unique and reflect the cold winters here quite well.

Btw, if you're checking out the myspace, the songs in the player are from a new EP, which I think is home-recorded and I got on a CDr from their "manager" recently, so the quality is kinda bad, and not representative of their sound. I'd check the videos on the page first for stuff with better recording quality.

http://www.myspace.com/wwwmyspacecomarcticcircle
06.09.2011 - 05:06
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Bump! Someone seriously needs to check this out! Really quality stuff.

New song:

One of my favorites:
18.09.2011 - 01:46
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Written by spirit_inblack on 06.09.2011 at 05:06

Bump! Someone seriously needs to check this out! Really quality stuff.

New song:

One of my favorites:

Blackened Thrash.... Are they similar to later-era Immortal by any means?