Metal Storm logo
Your musical taste of future

Original post

Posted by Kennoth, 22.04.2010 - 20:56
Well, my musical taste is ever changing. Just few months ago, some of the awesome bands I really like today like Scar Symmetry, I didn't even know of. In a few months from now, I will probably discover few more bands that I like as well (given the fact that I'm VERY picky about music)

So, to cut things short: how do you see your musical taste in about 10 years from now? Will you still listen to metal? If yes, what kind? What kind of bands will you discover and like? I know there is no sure way of knowing this, but I just want to see what you all think, and how experimental do you think you will be.
19.05.2012 - 16:38
MetalSpider

Its hard to say. I think ill always love metal and always listen to it but I can see myself slowly expanding my taste more than I already am. I started listening to a bit of hip-hop and rap again. I listen to more movie/game scores too now than ever before. I still listen to a lot of metal but its actually decreased a bit this past year. But I still don't see myself not listening to metal. You never know though.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
19.05.2012 - 17:21
Thrashette

I've gotten into multiple genres of music (metal, classical, industrial, ska, punk, goth, rock, even a bit of pop) but metal was the only one I always had the most interest in, while the others were just phases alongside my metal obsession. My favourite subgenres of metal fluctuated a lot though. I'm pretty sure it went from gothic to symphonic to power to thrash to death... I'd say that nowadays my taste is just getting more extreme and complex. I'll still be into metal in the future, but maybe different subgenres...
19.05.2012 - 17:36
Zombie94

I see myself as a grumpy older metalhead who complains about every new band and never shuts up about the 'old days'.

But on a serious note, I don't see myself not listening to metal in 10yrs time. In fact I can see myself listening to more metal, heavier stuff, more underground stuff and having a pretty sizable collection of albums.

Also I haven't listened to much outside of metal in quite a long time so maybe my tastes will expand more in the direction of punk and post-rock etc...I'm never going to be a fan of rap, hip-hop or electronica though.
19.05.2012 - 17:36
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I have no fucking clue
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
19.05.2012 - 18:20
Oaken
Hipster
Not sure about that, but I quite think that there will come a time when I'll stop listening to metal.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
20.05.2012 - 01:25
MetalSpider

Several years ago, I was at the music store browsing metal CD's and I saw an old man, in a business suit and he was browsing through metal CD's. I thought to myself..."fuck yeah...I wanna be like that guy when I'm old"!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
20.05.2012 - 02:30
Bulletdodger

In about 10 years ? I will probably still listen to metal, most like the timeless metal classics plus good progressive death metal, but I guess most of the music that I will listen then will be classical music and electronic music.

But who knows , I might even start listening to gheto rap....
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
20.05.2012 - 03:34
Void Eater
Account deleted
I'll have acquired a taste for free form jazz.
20.05.2012 - 04:36
Mr. Blonde

Oh who knows. I mean I've listened to metal in some way, shape for form for about 16 years. I'll probably keep going. But my tastes shift. The thing is I don't usually hate or completely forget about stuff I used to listen to, I just don't listen to it as often. So even if my tastes change, I'll still listen to some metal. I like a wide variety of the various genres, something is bound to present new offerings that appeal to me.
27.05.2012 - 21:16
RobertNowhere

When i was 15 or 16 years old and obsessed with metal and punk, everyone used to say, what are you going to do when youre 40 and listening to country and western, just like your parents????

well, im 44 now...and my musical tastes have expanded, no doubt about it...and i would definitely consider myself a country boy

but i still LOVE my metal!!!!!

and my punk
----
http://robertnowhere.blogspot.com
28.05.2012 - 03:33
Lit.
Account deleted
That's future Lit's problem.
08.06.2012 - 02:51
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
I would like to get into dance music/drum and bass more.
----
08.06.2012 - 06:05
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I will be obsessed with 80's pop.

LONG LIVE COREY HART
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
08.06.2012 - 06:26
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
80's pop is the tits. Probably half of my time on Youtube is spent listening to some of my childhood favorites that I picked up looking through my mom's old tape collection back when I was a kid.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
08.06.2012 - 11:03
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Right now it doesn't feel like my tastes will change too much now, at least when it comes to metal. Since I've aleady covered everything metal has to offer... I will just stay with what I liked best which is the extreme genres like black, death and doom. I noticed how I'm starting to dig more and more genres like ambient, drone and even noise. I can only guess that my tastes will just stay where they are and probably get even moretaste for extreme sounds.

Outside metal... It's a complete mess, I like so many different things.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
08.06.2012 - 11:34
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Quite hard to say yeah? I mean 5 years back I was into a lot of technical death metal. Didn't think I would be a totaly sludge/stoner doom fan a couple of years later.
I think my Sludge phase has probably gone on the longest, but I don't know. I might end up listening to techno in 10 years
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here