Metal Storm logo
Crimson Glory

10.08.2006 - 09:41
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
It even shocks me that MS doesn't give Crimson Glory its own page.This band has influenced so many,in so many ways. I feel they deserve their own thread. They have what could possibly be the best singer in all of metal,dont agree with me well check them out for yourselves.Midnigh is no doubt one hell of a singer. Transcendence is a masterpiece,as well was their first album,Strange and Beautiful was decent and Astronomica was a flop.I strongly would suggest these guys,go ahead take a listen!
10.08.2006 - 19:22
Hellish Star

Awesome band, especially the first two albums. As a matter of fact I was listening to the first release at the moment I saw this thread. I can't wait for the new one!!!

I don't agree with what you said about "Astronomica". Man, listen to it very good, it's a damn good album....

It's a pity the youngsters don't even know about them....
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
11.08.2006 - 04:01
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Hellish Star on 10.08.2006 at 19:22

Awesome band, especially the first two albums. As a matter of fact I was listening to the first release at the moment I saw this thread. I can't wait for the new one!!!

I don't agree with what you said about "Astronomica". Man, listen to it very good, it's a damn good album....

I'm only 16 and I have heard all of their stuff,So I'm a youngster who has heard of them,and I'm damn glad I have,what a great band. I'll give astronomica another listen just because you told me too,maybe I missed something. Also you have no idea how happy I was when I found out the original band got back together,and is releasing a new album which is going to be called "Metatron, Lucifer and the Divine Chaos".I think its a rather interesting name I hope it is good!
11.08.2006 - 07:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
This band brings back memories. Seeing them live at the Aardschokdag Festival in the 80s with their masks on. Their debut was very reminiscent of early Queensryche but theire really great album was of course Transcendence (glory toe red sharks). After that masterpiece Strange and Beautiful was a huge huge huge disappointment to me. IMO Astronomica ia much better album than Strange and Beautiful.

Just saw the following on metal-archives. I hope it is true:
The 'classic' line-up agreed a reunion near the end of 2005. The band is at the moment recording their new album ''Metatron, Lucifer and the Divine Chaos''
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.08.2006 - 21:58
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Yes as far as I know they did reform,I can't wait to hear Midnight again,I hope he still sounds good!....Wait who am I kidding,I be he will sound amazing!!
12.08.2006 - 01:59
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
The kid has some very good tastes when it comes to metal. An awsome band, but we all knew that. About the albums I'll go with "Transcendce", then the debut & "Astronomica" are the only ones I really like. Can't wait for the DVD!
12.08.2006 - 09:56
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Ah yes the DVD,Cant wait for it either! Also the remasters of their earlier albums is quite nice as well. I can't get enough of this band!
29.09.2006 - 03:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

Who sad it?
well what you mean youngsters?

Well i know ''Transcendence'' this album and it remaidns me lil early Agent Steel and I like this album, of course I hawnt seen them live but i like that knd of music old chool
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.06.2007 - 13:36
orathac
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 11.08.2006 at 04:01

I'm only 16 and I have heard all of their stuff,So I'm a youngster who has heard of them,and I'm damn glad I have,what a great band. I'll give astronomica another listen just because you told me too,maybe I missed something. Also you have no idea how happy I was when I found out the original band got back together,and is releasing a new album which is going to be called "Metatron, Lucifer and the Divine Chaos".I think its a rather interesting name I hope it is good!

i quess you are not the youngest anymore i started listen to Crimson Glory 2 years ago i have their first 2 album Crimson Glory and Trascendence and they very good for me i saw them in athens 1 year ago at rock wave. i believe Metalstorm should make Crimson Glory page and for many other bands too. i am really happy to see funs of CM here
18.06.2007 - 23:22
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 15.06.2007 at 13:36

i quess you are not the youngest anymore i started listen to Crimson Glory 2 years ago i have their first 2 album Crimson Glory and Trascendence and they very good for me i saw them in athens 1 year ago at rock wave. i believe Metalstorm should make Crimson Glory page and for many other bands too. i am really happy to see funs of CM here

Hahaha the Crimson Glory fanbase is even younger than me!! thats a damn good thing to see! It's such a shame what happened to Midnight! Why the hell did he have to get in trouble....
18.06.2007 - 23:50
orathac
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 18.06.2007 at 23:22

Hahaha the Crimson Glory fanbase is even younger than me!! thats a damn good thing to see! It's such a shame what happened to Midnight! Why the hell did he have to get in trouble....

omg why he left the band?? he was a great singer.. could you tell me? i really want to know
19.06.2007 - 01:37
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.08.2006 at 07:52

Their debut was very reminiscent of early Queensryche

Just saw the following on metal-archives. I hope it is true:
The 'classic' line-up agreed a reunion near the end of 2005. The band is at the moment recording their new album ''Metatron, Lucifer and the Divine Chaos''

You just sold me on that first point, I must check these guys out ASAP, just to see the similarities. Cheers again, Marcel!

A reunion is generally a good thing, haven't checked whether that's 100% true as of yet, but another album is always something to look forward to
20.06.2007 - 02:00
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 18.06.2007 at 23:50

Written by Guest on 18.06.2007 at 23:22

omg why he left the band?? he was a great singer.. could you tell me? i really want to know

He was picked up for drunk driving I believe, and at that time he had a suspended license as well. So the guys decided to ditch Midnight and take back Wade Black.
23.07.2007 - 15:31
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Here comes another "youngster" aware of this band! Well, although Im not some expert in CG, I must say thet they are classic, yet pretty underrated band. I was confused when i saw thet noone mentiones them on Metal Storm. First 2 albums would be my favourite, and Astronomica sounds pretty weak for me, bass kinda chokes guitar in most of songs...

I lost 1st album somewhere, damn!!!
----
23.07.2007 - 17:29
APOHAKC
The Bard
I agree with Ed on this one, I am aslo fan of old works. Also, the old singer sound much, much better than the new one, and old riffs... Lady Of Winter is one of the best metal riffing songs ever, at least to me, awesome band, but they have always been in shadow of other bands, that were even much worst then them.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
26.07.2007 - 09:15
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by APOHAKC on 23.07.2007 at 17:29

I agree with Ed on this one, I am aslo fan of old works. Also, the old singer sound much, much better than the new one, and old riffs... Lady Of Winter is one of the best metal riffing songs ever, at least to me, awesome band, but they have always been in shadow of other bands, that were even much worst then them.

You said it dude, I hate when bands are live their whole career in the shadows of other less talented bands. Look at Fates Warning for instance, while maybe musically not as good as Dream Theater, Fates Warning is ten times better overall! Hell people often credit Dream Theater for really innovating Progressive metal, fuck that, Fates Warning did that. Aside from that rant this band faced the same problem. I boggles my mind as how this great band went so unnoticed. However the song Lonely was featured on VH1 classic's metal mania when I checked that out for the first time (waste of time, get a couple good bands.) Its such a shame...
26.07.2007 - 16:01
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yup, I always compared them with Primal Fear, that is the best way to see how quality stayed in the shadow.
Hmm, never been fan of Dream Theater, don't know really why, find them boring, although, I love progressive, I am just getting into Fates Warning, I heard them some time ago, and they sounded like Iron Maiden, but after your recommendation I am listening to them again, and, indeed, that stuff sound really nice, especially like bass lines and singer's color of the voice.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
29.07.2007 - 01:02
okt31
Account deleted
This is a fantastic band indeed!
Some of metal's finest. Two guitarists who can play anything and a fantastic singer, and a deadly sense of melody..
Also I'd recommend Fifth Angel as they're cut from the same cloth as CG.
I haven't heard Astronomica, but Strange and Beautiful isn't up to the first two (especially the godly, classy Transcendence - what a huge cover, too, btw! I have it as avatar on my YM ID )
I've got big hopes for the new album, but Wade Black just isn't Midnight, however he's good, too
29.07.2007 - 01:04
okt31
Account deleted
Written by APOHAKC on 26.07.2007 at 16:01

Yup, I always compared them with Primal Fear, that is the best way to see how quality stayed in the shadow.
Hmm, never been fan of Dream Theater, don't know really why, find them boring, although, I love progressive, I am just getting into Fates Warning, I heard them some time ago, and they sounded like Iron Maiden, but after your recommendation I am listening to them again, and, indeed, that stuff sound really nice, especially like bass lines and singer's color of the voice.

Try to have profound listens of The Spectre Within and Awaken the Guardian. Spectre is my pick for the best prog/power album of all time (and I've heard some, believe me)
23.08.2007 - 08:58
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 29.07.2007 at 01:04

Try to have profound listens of The Spectre Within and Awaken the Guardian. Spectre is my pick for the best prog/power album of all time (and I've heard some, believe me)

Hahaha oh boy, I definitely have to go with Awaken over Spectre Within (though its fucking tough) I mean Traveler in time and the apparition, Pirates of the Undergound, Kyrie Eleison, and Epitaph are all great songs, but The Sorceress, Valley of the Dolls, Fata Morgana, Guardian, Prelude to Ruin, Giants Lore, Time Long Past, Exodus make for a better album as without a trace is nowhere near as good as anything on Awaken the Guardian haha. I think we can all agree on one thing though, John is one of the best singers, and among the greatest lyricists (such amazing poetry) as well as creating vocal melodies. Damn Fates Warning fucking rules, much better than fucking Dream Theater
23.08.2007 - 19:33
okt31
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 23.08.2007 at 08:58

Written by Guest on 29.07.2007 at 01:04

Hahaha oh boy, I definitely have to go with Awaken over Spectre Within (though its fucking tough) I mean Traveler in time and the apparition, Pirates of the Undergound, Kyrie Eleison, and Epitaph are all great songs, but The Sorceress, Valley of the Dolls, Fata Morgana, Guardian, Prelude to Ruin, Giants Lore, Time Long Past, Exodus make for a better album as without a trace is nowhere near as good as anything on Awaken the Guardian haha. I think we can all agree on one thing though, John is one of the best singers, and among the greatest lyricists (such amazing poetry) as well as creating vocal melodies. Damn Fates Warning fucking rules, much better than fucking Dream Theater

Absolutely. There are some prog bands who have huge feelings in their music. Fates Warning, Queensryche and Savatage are amongst them. Dream Theater not. Not to say that I don't like them. It's just not that league IMO. Still, the first two DTs are breath-taking, and Awake is excellent. The rest is great, too. But FW are the masters together with Queensryche. And I pick Savatage for the best not-really-overly-technical but very intelligent prog metal music. (I love their earlier, heavier era, but the later stuff has some masterpieces, too. Maybe even better than the early classics)
24.08.2007 - 08:34
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
an now get back ON-TOPIC
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.08.2007 - 11:13
okt31
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.08.2007 at 08:34

an now get back ON-TOPIC

Right!
The new album will be called Metatron, Lucifer and the Divine Chaos. It sounds complicated, I hope it will live up the expectations..
16.09.2007 - 00:43
Kharn
Account deleted
Whens it out?
23.09.2007 - 08:46
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 25.08.2007 at 11:13

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.08.2007 at 08:34

an now get back ON-TOPIC

Right!
The new album will be called Metatron, Lucifer and the Divine Chaos. It sounds complicated, I hope it will live up the expectations..

It can't be that good without Midnight...
14.05.2010 - 21:24
Hellish Star

CRIMSON GLORY headlines KEEP IT TRUE 14

With great pleasure we are able to announce the first headliner for KEEP IT TRUE 14. CRIMSON GLORY will pley their very first German show with their amazing new Singer Todd La Torre at KIT. For us this is a dream come true. Unfortunately we could never book the band with original singer MIDNIGHT, but we made our tribute to him on KIT 13. When we heard the new singer Todd La Torre for the first time it was clear, that the spirit of MIDNIGHT continues to live through Todds voice and therefore we want to dedicate this show to the memory of MIDNIGHT.

With a bit of luck we will also be able to announce our second headliner very soon, so stay tuned!!

KEEP IT TRUE XIV

CRIMSON GLORY (USA) (First German Show With New Singer)
HEADLINER 2 (TBA)
VICIOUS RUMORS (USA) (A Tribute to Carl Albert with Geoff Thorpe,Larry Howe, Mark McGee,Tommy Sisco and Kevin Albert (son of Carl))
MALICE (USA) (exclusive German show)
BREAKER (USA)
SATAN (UK) (exclusive complete Court In The Act Line Up!!)
GRIFFIN (USA) (exclusive first european Show)
SACRIFICE (CAN) (First European Show)
OSTROGOTH (BEL) (exclusive German show)
BROCAS HELM (USA)
DEATH DEALER (CAN)
(exclusive first european Show)
SLAUTER XSTROYES (USA)
DAMIEN THORNE (USA)
SARACEN (UK) (special "Heroes, Saints And Fools" Show)
BITCH (USA)
METALUCIFER( JAP/GER)
HELLHOUND (USA)
ENFORCER (SWE)
VEKTOR (USA)
SIGN OF THE JACKAL (ITA)
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
14.05.2010 - 22:06
Charly546

So... what you all think of the new vocalist?

I think he sounds pretty damn good, as in he manages to pull of Midnight material but still sounding different enough to not be confused with Midnight.
28.02.2011 - 19:14
Yasmine

I like him, both the range and the passion is there, but it'd be nice to have new material with him out there.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u