01. My Open Nightmare
02. The Aforementioned
03. Best Left Alone
04. Silhouettes And Sinners

Metalcore
Recorded: Sonic One Studios, Wales 2009
Label: Glasstone Records
Total Running Time: 23:51

Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who's the most digestible metalcore band of them all?

Eleventh Apparition is one of those bands that know exactly how to stir the crowd up with inflaming melodies and instigating rhythms. With their reasonably accessible and fairly melodic brand of metalcore, Eleventh Apparition's debut EP sounds like Killswitch Engage themselves barfed all over it. The thing is, Eleventh Apparition is a young band that shows signs of ambition, fairly good ideas and potential... but regrettably no desire to pioneer. Which inescapably translates into a band that has sight but no vision... on top of a recycled thrashy riff here and there.

Though, there are some atypical edges to be traced too. For one, the band has two vocalists. Agreed, not an ultra-rare occurrence but not an everyday thing either. In any case, this adds a bit more verve to the band's overall performance. Then you have the remarkable length of the songs, trying to undermine the idea of an easy walkthrough album. And then there's this indescribable vibe of a band that tries to sound different while actually not being that different. Youthful arrogance maybe? Either way, I dig the attitude - at least I think I do.

Silhouettes & Sinners is the spitting image of a pedophile ice cream truck. It has all the gizmo and fancy tools to persuade you, although you're subconsciously aware this is something you shouldn't get involved with... Oh, what the heck, this seems legit, what harm can it do? Meh, think I'll ride along. We'll just see where it takes me...

Written by Thryce | 23.04.2010

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 77 users
23.04.2010 - 11:23
Mikyz
The review makes the album look very generic and uncreative, so I guess I'm not going to waste my time on this. Also, the Killswitch Engage part turned me off the most Good review though, keep them coming
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
23.04.2010 - 18:34
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
''spitting image of a pedophile ice cream truck'' was simply genious.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
07.05.2010 - 01:18
Rating: 9
Killswitch Killswitch Killswitch, Arrrggghhh!!!
Right lets get this sorted, Why do people who do reviews on Eleventh Apparition always use the name Killswitch Engage when making their judgement on EA's music? Man up and give these guys the credit they are due, they have put themselves out on a limb by writing music like this and they do it very well too in my opinion, to be compared with the mighty Killswitch must be nothing more than complimenting the young metal act. I have seen them live once playing to no more than 18 people, This didnt deter them and you could swear they were playing Download, they were super tight live and everyone in the venue was comanded to be involved in the show. I cant list too many act at this level who can pull this off, EA certainly can.
Someone with connections should have faith in these guys and get them on the bigger scene.
All the best guys if you read this,
25.12.2011 - 01:32
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
These guys actually split up last year after touring the UK for about a month.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."

Hits total: 3794 | This month: 4