Metal Storm logo
X Japan

10.08.2006 - 10:14
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Ah yes X Japan,one of Japan's most legendary metal bands.From their speedy debut,to their beautiful last song.I cant simply get enough of these guys,and I'm curious if anyone else likes them as much as I do.What are your favorite songs by them? Mine is probably Silent Jealousy,though Orgasm and Art of Life as well as the beautiful Endless Rain follow very close.
10.08.2006 - 20:05
Soliloquy

i havent heard much from them, but art of life is definetly a beautiful song.

and did their guitarist commite suicide?
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
11.08.2006 - 00:43
Lioncourt

It is not sure wther it was a suicide or an accident, but it sure was bizzare death.
----

Think twice before you buy furr! http://www.strasbourgcurieux.com/fourrure/
11.08.2006 - 03:57
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Yes some say hide would often lay by the door after he got drunk,but as far as i know something got caught on the door knob and strangled him,but yes they dont even know if it was suicide or accident.
20.08.2006 - 10:36
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted
I would recommend "art of life" and "rose of pain", seeing as they are both epic masterpieces in my opinion...
21.08.2006 - 07:00
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
"Rose of Pain" is quite an awesome song,but if I were to recommend another epic,it would have to be "The Last Song".That song is so beautiful.
21.08.2006 - 13:47
Hybris

My favourite songs are probably Crucify my love, Forever love (oh... stupid romanticism xD), Art of life and Orgasm, but I haven't heard yet a couple of discs.
----
Opening a new scar, closing the wounds with a knife
22.08.2006 - 23:17
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Endless rain is a mothrfuckin' masterpiece!!! i love that song!
23.08.2006 - 07:01
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Hybris on 21.08.2006 at 13:47

My favourite songs are probably Crucify my love, Forever love (oh... stupid romanticism xD), Art of life and Orgasm, but I haven't heard yet a couple of discs.

Its ok haha they do a marvelous job on all their ballads,and I like all of the ballads.
23.08.2006 - 23:04
Lioncourt

I think that "Crucify My Love" was the first song I heard from them.
----

01.09.2006 - 07:19
Soliloquy

i just heard their 'endless rain' song....

and whow. these guys are incredible. too fucking bad their things are really rare to get!
----

-Zakk Wylde
01.09.2006 - 15:51
Lioncourt

Not so. Just order from Japan Although their first albums are a bit hard to get.
----

01.09.2006 - 21:52
Soliloquy

/\ thats not the case. if i do order them from japan, a single cd would cost me about 50 bucks or soemthing like that. i am not paying 50 bucks for a cd. any cd for that matter.
----

-Zakk Wylde
02.09.2006 - 22:41
Lioncourt

Well they have released some DVDs in America I think...
----

03.09.2006 - 18:45
Soliloquy

have they now? gotta check em out i guess
----

-Zakk Wylde
04.09.2006 - 00:08
okt31
Account deleted
Great band! I've got to listen to their early records, too, because everybody seems to praise them. Well, let's go ahead.. Anyway Art of Life is a great song/EP.
04.09.2006 - 00:12
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
There stuff is very hard to get,all imports pretty much,and depending if you wanna spend $50-$99,thats why I don't have much from them.Once when I have enough money I plan on purchasing a lot:D
04.09.2006 - 17:39
Soliloquy

Written by Guest on 04.09.2006 at 00:12

There stuff is very hard to get,all imports pretty much,and depending if you wanna spend $50-$99,thats why I don't have much from them.Once when I have enough money I plan on purchasing a lot:D

they may be hard to find, but you can always download them from the net. the band is huge and easy to find on the net. i myself am not big on the whole downloading stuff, but if i'm desperate, i would download their stuff
----

-Zakk Wylde
04.09.2006 - 21:04
Icarus
!PROSLACKER!
well i guess this is one of those bands you just gotta settle with mp3 i mean its practically imposible to get many cds of uknown bands for which you either prepare yourself for spending truckloads of money (which by the way the currency change wont help much either) or just get the music out of wonderfull programs such as soulseek...

as for the band, its just awesome and incredibly catchy have been humming Weekend like for a week now really like this banda lot by the way hahahaha
----
-At live's eve our flames will cease-
05.09.2006 - 07:03
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Thats how I had to hear these guys,was downloading from the net,and hey If I get in trouble for it at least I got in trouble for downloading a fucking awesome band.
05.09.2006 - 22:20
Soliloquy

you wont get in shit for it. besides, the band is done, so there is no one to get you in shit.
----

-Zakk Wylde
06.09.2006 - 06:18
Icarus
!PROSLACKER!
yeah sad theyre over.. but still theres some awesome stuff they left behind by the way check out some videos at www.youtube.com i specially like Weekend and Forever Love live awesome... thats a show right there... impressive
----
-At live's eve our flames will cease-
06.09.2006 - 17:28
Soliloquy

youtube sort of pisses me off coz it has so much on it! like you type in 'x japan' and they would be advertising 'final fantasy X-debut in japan!' ive only seen a couple of videos on 'video.google.com' and i really love the lights and other stuff you they use onstage. and man, their see through drums kick major ass!
----

-Zakk Wylde
06.09.2006 - 17:45
Lioncourt

Type in "X Japan PV". That is a more sure way to get only X, but you might not get so much live performances and other stuff.
----

23.09.2006 - 21:12
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
The first Visual Kei BAND to appear and which graced us with their over-average music. The only original album I own from them is "Blue Blood" which I bought from a Korean store for $14.99 after having heard those great songs such as "BLUE BLOOD", "WEEK END", "ENDLESS RAIN", "Kurenai", "CELEBRATION" and of course "ROSE OF PAIN". It was a dangerous transaction that one I had to do but it was worth it.

As you all have mentioned they came up with such great power ballads which remind me a lot to those of "love" Rock bands such as Journey and REO Speedwagon (but with far better guitar solos of course) because of the heavy focus in the use of the piano.

As far as now I have only been able to download around eleven videos from this band; I would rather call what I did as "painfully" downloaded those videos because they are a bitch to find, not just because the hosts do not appear much but because of all the stuff that pops up as results when you look for their stuff. So if you think that it is hard to find their videos for watching, think about how hard it is for fully downloading them. lol

Man, Yoshiki certainly looks very feminine at times but he got owned (well any musician who tries to look feminine) by Mana. Linak told us that Yoshiki is about to embark in a project with Gackt and I can only hope that it will turn out for something great. This will all depend in which one will get influenced by the other: Gackt by Yoshiki = Grim Stuff, Yoshiki by Gackt = Blasphemy. lol

Outside of X Japan I have only heard some songs from "hide with Spread Beaver" and I would love to hear the stuff hide came up with the guys Paul Raven (Godflesh, Killing Joke, Prong, etc.) and Joey Castillo (Danzig, Queens Of The Stone Age, etc.) in the band Zilch and the one and only album featuring hide: 3.2.1

Anyway, X Japan is a great band and may hide rest in peace and be jamming in the deeps of Hell along with all those fallen god-like musicians such as he was.

----
Christless
24.09.2006 - 08:32
Xeolord
Account deleted
Dang, one band I have yet to check out that I've really been wanting to. It just seems a little tougher to find their stuff.
24.09.2006 - 12:04
Lioncourt

Written by Darth Satanious on 23.09.2006 at 21:12

The first Visual Kei BAND to appear and which graced us with their over-average music.

Wrong. It is by far one of the most known early visual kei bands, but not the first. BUCK-TICK for example became famous way before X did. Although X truly began in the 70's, but back then they were just young kids.
And what comes to the feminine part: most artist try to look feminine, Mana MOSTLY tries to completely look like a woman. And it is not that hard in what he does. All you need is to have somekind of fysique, shave all the hair on your body and swimm in make-up. And in promotional pictures just use all the tricks you can find in Adobe Photoshop.

Anyway I cannot see why you cannot find their videos. What program do you use?
----

25.09.2006 - 09:05
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
For their videos I simply go to youtube,I never have trouble finding them at all...
25.09.2006 - 09:16
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Lioncourt on 24.09.2006 at 12:04

Written by Darth Satanious on 23.09.2006 at 21:12

The first Visual Kei BAND to appear and which graced us with their over-average music.

Wrong. It is by far one of the most known early visual kei bands, but not the first. BUCK-TICK for example became famous way before X did. Although X truly began in the 70's, but back then they were just young kids.
And what comes to the feminine part: most artist try to look feminine, Mana MOSTLY tries to completely look like a woman. And it is not that hard in what he does. All you need is to have somekind of fysique, shave all the hair on your body and swimm in make-up. And in promotional pictures just use all the tricks you can find in Adobe Photoshop.

Anyway I cannot see why you cannot find their videos. What program do you use?

Now I see. Visual Kei was established by other bands before X Japan. What does it matters that BUCK-TICK went famous before X Japan in this conversation? I ask because I don't know why you mentioned this here. I haven't found anything that says that BUCK-TICK got into Visual Kei before X Japan. They are just regarded both as being among the first.

No musician within Visual Kei that I have seen has matched, in my humble opinion, to Mana in feminine look. It is not a Photoshop trick for even in live performances he looks feminine. It is make-up in a great part but you must have feminine traits in order to look even more feminine.

I use the only one that works for me with such a slow connection which does not allow me to give files in exchange for stuff.
----
Christless
25.09.2006 - 09:47
Lioncourt

@Darth Satanious: Well I just thought you meant that X was THE first Visual Kei band. NUMERO UNO.
Well usually bands that become famous before other bands, have been doing music for a longer time. This depends. But in this case both bands had to fight for their fame. They were not accepted by the mass media at first.

You totally missunderstood my point in the feminine look part. I said that many artists try to look feminine, but Mana most of the time tries to look like a woman. I did say that Mana has traits. Yes he can look like a woman with that pile of make-up on him. And look at his promotional photos, they are all more edited than usual pictures of artists.

As Maiden Varius said, you might want to use youtube for the videos. The quality might not be as good, but atleast you can find many videos.
----