08. Die By The Sword
09. Last Man Stands
10. Seasons [acoustic version]
11. Power Of The Ninja Sword [Japanese bonus]
12. Cry Thunder [Live rehearsal] [digital edition bonus]
13. Heart Of The Storm [alternative chorus version] [digital edition bonus]
14. Avant La Tempête [digital edition bonus]

Additional info
There will also be a digital and vinyl version featuring bonus tracks "Cry Thunder" (Live Rehearsal), "Heart Of The Storm" (Alternative Chorus Version) and "Avant La Tempête" (Instrumental), plus an exclusive box set featuring: CD version, access code for bonus material, plus DragonForce flag, DF flashlight/bottle opener and a set of 6 DF beer mats featuring band cartoons by bassist Frédéric Leclercq.

Guest review by
Nemo Atkins
Rating:
DragonForce are one of those bands who everyone seems to know about, yet next to no one admits to like. I'll admit, before The Power Within was released, I was in this group: Inhuman Rampage bored me to death and I didn't want to touch anything else they'd released because I'd heard that there wasn't a lot of variety in them. As such, I was prepared to dismiss this album, which wasn't helped by "Fallen World" sounding so much like a typical DragonForce song that I barely noticed the new singer. And then "Cry Thunder" was released...well, that changed everything, as I genuinely loved that song and made me eager to get it. Now I have this album, I have to say that I'm very glad that I got it, as it's very good: in fact, I would be prepared to argue that it is one of the best power metal releases for 2012.

Read more ››
published 30.07.2012 | Comments (3)

Guest review by
Darth Revan
Rating:
Ah Dragonforce, the band that gets pulverized with so much flak you'd think they're modern day Metallica... Or Anal Cunt during any period of recording. Dragonforce were actually the first band I listened to on my own initiative, and because of that, I've always had a soft spot for them, but suffice it to say, I'm well aware that most metalheads you'll ask don't like them. Will this album change their minds? Maybe. It's refreshing, but still definitely Dragonforce.

Read more ››
published 28.11.2013 | Comments (2)

Found in 20 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 64   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 1101 users
24.04.2010 - 11:45
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Great...now i wont be even able to sleep before this jewel will be out
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

24.04.2010 - 15:04
Warman
Erotic Stains
This can be... well not interesting, because I know how it will sound. But could be a good listen. I like DF even though I think everything they do sounds the same.
----
24.04.2010 - 18:28
soadbyob
Account deleted
ZP left correct? Then this album will suck, unless they find a fuckin amazing vocalist
24.04.2010 - 20:17
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
Maybe they'll pull a Pantera on us: Make a fifth album that will be much different and better than the first 4.
25.04.2010 - 01:01
soadbyob
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 24.04.2010 at 20:17

Maybe they'll pull a Pantera on us: Make a fifth album that will be much different and better than the first 4.

Or just got back to Valley of the Damned style, same diffrence
25.04.2010 - 10:22
Rating: 8
Janne
Hugin
Valley Of The Damned was awesome.. the two others were avarage at best but I like their latest album so I'm curious about it. I hope they'll continue this way. (or return to Valley of the Damned style as someone has mentioned would be even better). And the new vocalist.. well I bet he'll be better than ZP. He was okay but nothinh special.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
25.04.2010 - 16:40
Justice
Who's vocal ?
i liked ZP
but I guess they can find a better one for their taste of music
07.06.2010 - 15:35
slappy slam
Hopefully Dragonforce will get someone who can do an epic growl. In my mind that would really be quite a bit better for their new album. I'm all for happy metal but with their latest album i reconsidered ZP's sexual orientation. So, in my mind this album can only take them up.
----
Don't Party So Far Down That You Can't Party Right Back Up.
03.01.2011 - 15:38
Rating: 9
Destructo
I'm really hoping they don't "cheese" this one up too much. And with ZP gone, I'm even more scared this time.
18.03.2011 - 22:40
FrozenJoy
I have a bad feeling about this... I love Dragonforce, but I disliked Ultra Beatdown... new singer? No big deal, ZP was just average, I suppose it's not hard to find someone equal or better than him...
25.04.2011 - 01:40
Rating: 10
Tomci
Written by Guest on 24.04.2010 at 18:28

ZP left correct? Then this album will suck, unless they find a fuckin amazing vocalist

They did. Watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mLf2K5V5S4
25.04.2011 - 17:50
RavenKing
Won't even loose my time checking the new album. I hate Dragonforce.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
24.05.2011 - 18:07
nymanizeri
Marc Hudson has a great voice. can't wait for the album !!
24.07.2011 - 03:31
Vikcen
Metálico
The new singer sounds promising, will be interesting to listen the new album. Umm but i thought the new album would be for this year in 2011 .
24.07.2011 - 03:53
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
I heard the new guy and honestly I wasn't impressed but I didn't exactly care for ZP either. Honestly though I never listened to Dragonforce for ZP, and I don't really know anyone who did, I listened because of Herman and Sam. Imo the only reason Dragonforce has become so popular is the speed and length of the solos. I listened to the albums for a few spins as the albums come out but once the luster of the speed and solos wore off I got bored and haven't listened to any of their albums since a few weeks after each of them were released. They just don't bring anything to the table for me that makes me want to go back and listen to them past the few few spins, they have nothing that makes them classic like Blind Guardian, Iced Earth or older Iron Maiden.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

12.08.2011 - 17:54
AXA
Awesome,i hope this album will be good because Dragonforce have new vocalist and i hope a good one not just the old one so pored .
04.09.2011 - 14:49
Zender 1.8
Indestructible
I wish all the best for this great band..... but i think the band is going to be like horse shit without ZP Theart
06.02.2012 - 16:38
Luneth
Account deleted
It's gonna be good. I put my life on it.
24.03.2012 - 13:02
blackend
After listening to one of Dragonforce's new songs, I have to say this one thing: I'm so over with speed/crap/whatever power metal. this really, and i mean really sucks, even with Marc singing (who is better than ZP), that shit is terrible. R.I.P Speed Power Metal Forver.
I thought maybe they've changed with Marc (like in the song Cry Thunder) but appearently not. a shame.
Anyone who wonders - I've listened to Fallen World.
02.04.2012 - 14:56
Nemo Atkins
Written by blackend on 24.03.2012 at 13:02

After listening to one of Dragonforce's new songs, I have to say this one thing: I'm so over with speed/crap/whatever power metal. this really, and i mean really sucks, even with Marc singing (who is better than ZP), that shit is terrible. R.I.P Speed Power Metal Forver.
I thought maybe they've changed with Marc (like in the song Cry Thunder) but appearently not. a shame.

To be fair to the band, if they did try to do anything particularly different from their usual style, most people would probably bash them for changing their style (also, it doesn't help that, to my (admittedly, very limited) knowledge, ZP didn't really write anything for the band, so it wouldn't change much with him not being there). As one guy on the page for Fallen World streaming put it, "IT'S DRAGONFORCE, there's almost negative zero variation between their albums, much less their songs."

Like to stress, not a hater or a fan of this band: I've probably listened through Inhuman Rampage three times and each time was bored before the fourth song, but appreciate them in small doses (ie one song every day or so).

Edit: Having just found the studio version of "Cry Thunder", I'd recommend you check that out: as impossible as it is for me to say AND believe this, it genuinely sounds different from normal DragonForce, as it is not ridiculously fast and over the top.
02.04.2012 - 19:25
blackend
Written by Nemo Atkins on 02.04.2012 at 14:56

To be fair to the band, if they did try to do anything particularly different from their usual style, most people would probably bash them for changing their style (also, it doesn't help that, to my (admittedly, very limited) knowledge, ZP didn't really write anything for the band, so it wouldn't change much with him not being there). As one guy on the page for Fallen World streaming put it, "IT'S DRAGONFORCE, there's almost negative zero variation between their albums, much less their songs."

Like to stress, not a hater or a fan of this band: I've probably listened through Inhuman Rampage three times and each time was bored before the fourth song, but appreciate them in small doses (ie one song every day or so).

Edit: Having just found the studio version of "Cry Thunder", I'd recommend you check that out: as impossible as it is for me to say AND believe this, it genuinely sounds different from normal DragonForce, as it is not ridiculously fast and over the top.

I'm not a Dragonforce basher, they were one of my most favorite bands like 2-3 years ago. HOWEVER - My taste really changed during that time, and Dragonforce doesn't seem to genius and glorious as they sounded to me back then.
I do respect them for their speed and all, but that's just too much for my current taste anyway.
P.s. thanks for letting me know about the studio version of Cry Thunder, I think I'm going to download it as the only "The Power Within" song, since it's not THAT insane with all speeds. However, it's just too much Speed metal for my Power metal.
Just a matter of taste, I suppose.
And I like all the slow-tempo ballads they released in earlier releases - much more than all the "Fallen World", "Through the Fire and Flames" sonic speed shit.
02.04.2012 - 20:49
Nemo Atkins
Written by blackend on 02.04.2012 at 19:25

Written by Nemo Atkins on 02.04.2012 at 14:56

I'm not a Dragonforce basher, they were one of my most favorite bands like 2-3 years ago. HOWEVER - My taste really changed during that time, and Dragonforce doesn't seem to genius and glorious as they sounded to me back then.
I do respect them for their speed and all, but that's just too much for my current taste anyway.
P.s. thanks for letting me know about the studio version of Cry Thunder, I think I'm going to download it as the only "The Power Within" song, since it's not THAT insane with all speeds. However, it's just too much Speed metal for my Power metal.
Just a matter of taste, I suppose.
And I like all the slow-tempo ballads they released in earlier releases - much more than all the "Fallen World", "Through the Fire and Flames" sonic speed shit.

Ah, sorry. I've seen so many comments about DragonForce being bad (which, as I mentioned earlier, is not something I really agree or disagree with) that your comment about the lack of change considering the new singer stood out to me. I just wanted to point out that it would be difficult for them to change their style considering how fanbases tend to react and especially how DragonForce have a reputation for sounding the same (which, judging from your mention about them having slow-tempo ballads, is obviously incorrect). As I didn't know you liked any DragonForce, I made an assumption which has turned out to be horribly incorrect. Apologies if this caused you any offence or felt like an attack.
08.04.2012 - 15:04
renai
Listen to Cry THunder, and sounds really power metal classic. gonna watch this band, and perhaps my only dragonforce studio album I seriously await for.
----
hey...my blog >>> http://metalharem.blogspot.com/
09.04.2012 - 20:43
MyNameJeff
This album might have been leaked... I'm not sure.
13.04.2012 - 20:59
MyNameJeff
Written by Mountain King on 13.04.2012 at 19:51

Written by MyNameJeff on 09.04.2012 at 20:43

This album might have been leaked... I'm not sure.

I already downloaded it. With limited digipack bonus tracks...

hahah you ruined my plan of trying to not promote piracy! i know it has been leaked
15.04.2012 - 17:27
ChrisWinther
Fits them slowing down on some of the songs. This is now my favorite dragonforce album
15.04.2012 - 21:23
Stabby
Account deleted
I have to give credit where credit is due, Dragonforce are good at what they do. And although their testicles must be hard-pressed to keep up with the demand of constant wanking, their brains must have also be worked overtime. These are very cleverly written songs with musical substance, albeit hard to tell for those who aren't familiar with the genre. 1. Dragonforce are unique amongst power metal bands. Nobody other than PM fans can understand this, but they have their own sound. 2. They keep writing NEW songs. And of course all songs are new songs, but I mean that it's not like they just made a few changes to old songs and recorded them again under a different name. Inevitably many of the leads sound similar but the giant conglomeration of power metal riffs and licks comes together to form a coherent and well-conceived album. While making room for the wanking.

Marc sounds good, and ZP was a pro but Marc will no doubt get better and better. The band sounds like it has new energy. Ultra Beatdown was by no means a tired album, it has some great songs that innovate on their sound like The Last Journey Home, but it seems like most people felt like it was a rehash of Inhuman Rampage, which was a more technical rehash of Sonic Firestorm. I kind of joked about it before but their major point of innovation has been just playing more slowly in some parts. Songs like Seasons are more moderate tempo power metal songs. There is definitely some air between the notes in many parts, not just on ballads, and I feel like they could expand that element of their music even more on future albums. And there are typical DF songs like Forgotten World but it isn't an album that sounds the same throughout.

I won't go so far as to say that this album is more progressive, but it definitely isn't a waste of time if someone ever enjoyed their other albums. Props to them for staying creative.

It can get a little tiresome in some parts, though. Flower Metal is going to call this fucking glorious to the end, but I'm going to have to take a break from cheese for about a week!
16.04.2012 - 05:50
renai
+1 on that. I think this is a very enjoyable powermetal album. undoubtly will be a target of jealousy.
----
hey...my blog >>> http://metalharem.blogspot.com/
16.04.2012 - 05:55
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Ya I'm totes jealous of Herman Li's leet guitar skills.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
16.04.2012 - 13:58
Zender 1.8
Indestructible
AMAZING!!! i liked it \\m//

Hits total: 25202 | This month: 45