Metal Storm logo
Hirilorn - Pre-Deathspell Omega

24.04.2010 - 17:40
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Honestly, a seriously bafflingly underrated and unknown band considering it has Hasjarl and Shaxul, of DsO, as part of the line-up.

For the longest while I avoided them as I expected it to be your run-of-the-mill lo-fi nonsense but if anything, it's the polar opposite. On the full length anyway it's all about incredibly epic guitar leads, and it's those unbelievable leads which really differentiate them as something a bit different and special for a black metal band and I personally have never heard the like in a band of this sort before and generally as a rule don't enjoy overly melodic black metal. It's especially brilliant considering the overall production lends itself without being overproduced in the slightest and frankly, is a paragon of perfection. The whole thing is just stunning, and although the only full length 'The Legends of Evil and Eternal Death' has but 4 songs they're all over 12 minutes in length so pretty hefty in composition. Even without those beautifully crafted constructions of guitar mastery this would still be worth hearing as the rest of the music supports the melody with a vaguely old school vibe of extremely well executed musicianship backed up further still by a great performance by Shaxul.
25.04.2010 - 11:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I check myspace sounds good, atmosfereuic and interesting, realy good gonne listen band some time something new for me
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.04.2010 - 18:33
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Still waiting for the CD reissues to come out. The LP's came out ages ago. Great band. Bit like early Opeth.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
25.04.2010 - 23:21
The Turbanator

Anyone has any links where I can listen their stuffs?
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
25.04.2010 - 23:43
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Yes. The internet has a few links. Here's a myspace. I don't really like it, to be honest. I like most of the melodies, but I find the rest to be pretty bland. On first listen, anyway.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
04.05.2010 - 04:46
Got Mayhem?

I'll have to listen to this soon. You're saying it's different than early DSO releases?
----
04.05.2010 - 15:19
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Got Mayhem? on 04.05.2010 at 04:46

I'll have to listen to this soon. You're saying it's different than early DSO releases?

Literally no similarity whatsoever, early DsO is basically a very good Darkthrone clone, Hirilorn takes a different, more melodic, approach so there's no guarantee a person would appreciate both really.
05.05.2010 - 02:28
rageing atheist
Account deleted
Their melodies sound pretty fucking corny to me. Makes me think of renaissance fairs or some shit like that.
06.05.2010 - 22:34
TheBigRossowski

Definitely have to check this out when I have more time. I just haven't been in the mood lately. I've been searching for strange sounding stuff
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
12.10.2011 - 20:03
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Still think 'Legends of Evil and Eternal Death' is incredibly awesome with some of the best leads ever heard in black metal. This is what melodic black metal should sound like: Epic.

11.07.2012 - 03:02
Oaken
Hipster
I don't know but this kind of reminds me a little of BaN's Memoria Vetusta I, which is great.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.