Owners:

32 have it
5 want it

01. Intrue
02. Tricycles Of Steel
03. True Metal Of The World (Ah-Ah)
04. Burger
05. King
06. Introducing The Power (Potentia Magni Gladi Vobis)
07. Power Of The Power Of The Power (Of The Great Sword)
08. Pino
09. Metal-La-La-La
10. Gioca Trué (Other Bands Play, Nanowar Gay) [Manowar cover]
11. The Number Of The Bitch [Iron Maiden cover]
12. Entra L'uomo Di Sabbia [Metallica cover]
13. Triumphant March Of The Nano-Warrior
14. Outrue

The Best Demo Of The Year 2005

Additional info
Recorded between January and June 2005 at 16th Cellar Studios and Storx Studios.
Mixed at 16th Cellar Studios by NanowaR and Stefano "Saul" Morabito.

All music and lyrics by NanowaR, except music on tracks 10 (Manowar, C. Cecchetto), 11 (Iron Maiden) and 12 (Metallica).

All images created, drawn and ideated by Potowotominimak, booklet layout by Gatto Panceri 666; front cover colored by Matteo "The Sir" Ferigo, back layout and colors by Gatto Panceri 666 & "The Sir" Ferigo.

Staff review by
Undercraft
Rating:
Nanowaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar are BACK!

Damn it was about time to hear again from the true Metal heroes Nanowar! This time we can choke on a brand new album filled with mighty chants and heroic themes, and that's what Nanowar do best, mock the Power/True Metal scene,. Sure some people might say that is too easy to make fun of these kind of bands, but trust me, nothing you heard before can prepare you for "Other Bands Play Nanowar Gay!".

Read more ››
published 15.09.2005 | Comments (10)

Comments

Comments: 17   Visited by: 273 users
27.04.2010 - 18:13
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
This band looks gay... just sayin...
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
28.04.2010 - 13:35
Lord_Regnier

Not as gay as the shit band they make a laugh of.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
28.04.2010 - 15:40
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Oh this is a joke band...
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
29.04.2010 - 00:38
Lord_Regnier

Yes, it is a joke band. I must admit that, even if I utterly hate Manowar, I find it pointless to create a band with the sole purpose of mocking another band. And I would understand it if those who like Manowar are offended by it.
----
29.04.2010 - 00:51
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Lord_Regnier on 29.04.2010 at 00:38

Yes, it is a joke band. I must admit that, even if I utterly hate Manowar, I find it pointless to create a band with the sole purpose of mocking another band. And I would understand it if those who like Manowar are offended by it.

As you know I hate Manowar as well. But I saw Nanowar Of Steel last year and although they are a joke band they are even worse and totally NOT funny. NoS are the lamest band around.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.04.2010 - 01:06
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Yeah, this band sounded like a complete waste of space ever since I was introduced to them by Metalstorm

On the other hand, they are able to make fun of themselves in front of all of us...that just means that they are a better group of people than any of us...how seriously do you all take yourselves? Taking yourself too seriously and getting offended whenever someone makes fun of you sounds like a major character flaw if you ask me...

Hiding your ability to share the laugh with Nanowar and other cheese metal bands with faulty pride and a prude sense of seriousness sounds like a major character flaw if you ask me...
29.04.2010 - 14:01
Lord_Regnier

Written by Guest on 29.04.2010 at 01:06

On the other hand, they are able to make fun of themselves in front of all of us...that just means that they are a better group of people than any of us...how seriously do you all take yourselves?

It's just a proof of stupidity, imo. And it makes this band even more of a waste.
And if you don't take yourselves seriously to a certain extent, then you will become a worthless drifter, like so many metalheads are. Anyway, people don't see the difference between funny and retarded. That's why so many pathetically retarded bullshit is so highly praised in our modern societies.

Hiding your ability to share the laugh with Nanowar and other cheese metal bands with faulty pride and a prude sense of seriousness sounds like a major character flaw if you ask me...

It's not faulty pride but simply a matter of being able to see shittiness or not. I have no time to loose listening to silly childish over-the-top cheesy garbage, especially as I'm a person pretty much devoid of all humor. From my point of view, not finding things like that funny is a quality, not a flaw.
----
29.04.2010 - 15:06
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck

Yeah, this band sounded like a complete waste of space ever since I was introduced to them by Metalstorm

On the other hand, they are able to make fun of themselves in front of all of us...that just means that they are a better group of people than any of us...how seriously do you all take yourselves? Taking yourself too seriously and getting offended whenever someone makes fun of you sounds like a major character flaw if you ask me...

It doesn't all have to be serious true. But why should I be able to l;augh with Nanowar when they are total and utter shite and not even funny. Yes they laugh at themselves so what, that is not a redeeming factor in this case.
Take for instance a band such as Zimmershole, NOW they are loads funnier and more competent than Nanowar. Zimmershole I have no problem with cause what they do they do well and with integrity, which cannot be said about Nanowar.

A major character flaw is always taking everything NOT seriously and laughing about yourself and everything around you. If everyone did that the world would be one fucking mess.
First you gotta be serious about something and love it dearly and truly before you can start making fun of it when needed.
The important part in that sentence being "when needed".

I highly doubt the people in Nanowar Of Steel truly love metal. Because their music and performance, like I said earlier, doesn't come across as sincere at all. Whereas with Zimmershole the entire parody both musically and lyrically just breathes a total love and devotion for metal. That's why Zimmershole parody works so well and Nanowar Of Steel's doesn't.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.04.2010 - 00:04
Lord_Regnier

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.04.2010 at 15:06

A major character flaw is always taking everything NOT seriously and laughing about yourself and everything around you. If everyone did that the world would be one fucking mess.

Indeed. That's kinda what I meant.
And, imo, people who always find everything funny are fools.
----
30.04.2010 - 00:43
Rating: 6
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Overall, nothing special at all, but they do have some good bits. i still find in-true hilarious (STRONTIUM!), love the build up to "power of the power" followed by a 16s "Power of the Great Sword" track, and Tricycles of Steel makes me yearn for a video.

the rest, mediocre at best.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
30.04.2010 - 02:00
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
The world would be a better place if everyone took themselves less seriously, I still say...taking life serious is not the point of existence because nobody's life is as important as anyone else...but that's for another discussion...in a perfect world, everyone should be able to do whatever without any further comment...but that is not the world we live in...you're always on trail...the world would not be a fucking mess if we weren't serious about everything...calling people a fool is a defense mechanism...I will not stand down from that...
30.04.2010 - 04:06
Lord_Regnier

Written by Guest on 30.04.2010 at 02:00

the world would not be a fucking mess if we weren't serious about everything...

Sounds to me like "it would be less of a mess if anarchy prevailed". Which makes no sense at all.
----
30.04.2010 - 13:55
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I dont have any ideological problem with joke bands, it is great thing...but i have problem with Nanowar, because their interpretation of being "funny" sucks
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

30.04.2010 - 21:17
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I actually meant to type were serious about everything...I don't want people to be serious about everything...I was kinda messed up myself when I typed that...
22.06.2010 - 22:26
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
NANOWAR SUCKS!!!!!!!!!
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
04.01.2011 - 03:12
Byners

Funny and good '-'
----
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost..."
07.08.2016 - 21:09
Rating: 9
Joppe
Steelemeister
I have come to believe that as it's hard to make a parody, it's as hard or even harder to get/appreciate a parody. That said, I think Nanowar (as they were called in their early days) always had understood how to make a good parody while not being totally silly (I don't wanna point fingers at any band, but *cough* Steel Panther *cough* is just terrible parody). Even Nanowar's early demos and videos that they used to share on their website before this album's release showed that Nanowar's act was pretty good since the beginning. I'm sure stuff like this wouldn't result as good if it was done by somebody else than Italians; the language and accent add extra flavor to Rhapsody and power metal parody.
----
My vision is augmented

Hits total: 9259 | This month: 12