William Hartnell
Peter Davison
Colin Baker
Sylvester McCoy
Paul McGann

Total votes: 11
28.04.2010 - 06:26
whatsacow

Simple Question: Who is the greatest doctor of all?
Personally I think tennant, with tom baker as second; although the new guy isnt bad either.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
28.04.2010 - 08:33
Derwood

I've got to go with Tom Baker. He was the Doctor I grew up with and the one I'm most familiar with, though Christopher Eccleston is really growing me.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
02.05.2010 - 22:59
I_Die_Often

When I hear Dr. Who, there is only one Dr. who comes to mind, Tom Baker.
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
04.05.2010 - 03:09
Deus Ex Machina

I can't really say since I know the Doctor only since Eccleston. The ones before him...I've only seen youtube clips and if I tried to watch the older episodes I don't think I could get into them.

But Eccleston. I love him because he was the one who was there when I started watching, and The Doctor Dances/The Empty Child are among my favorite episodes ever. He was brilliant as the Doctor but he left way too soon.

So then Tennant. He's my favorite. I love his version of The Doctor. He played the role for a while so I got really comfortable with him and I was sad to see him go. I could watch him and Donna anytime. But yeah, you can't play the role forever so it was time to go....and along comes Matt Smith who's okay, I like him. But I don't see him becoming my favorite anytime soon. His Doctor is quite different from Tennant's. I was shocked by some of his reactions at the beginning but now I just started accepting that this is a part of this Doctor's personality.

I guess, when this show gets mentioned. I'll always think of Eccleston and Tennant first.

The episode that's about to be aired was filmed in Croatia, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they've done with the place they filmed in, and if it will all look familiar.
05.05.2010 - 19:09
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Grew up on Tom Baker airing nightly on PBS, he's the man. or rather he's the Doctor.

my exposure to the first three was limited to the "Five Doctors" special, and never really caught on with Davison back in the day when they started airing his episodes.

i do have to say that both Eccleston and Tennant did grow on me and i enjoyed their portrayals.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
06.05.2010 - 21:29
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Irritable Ted on 06.05.2010 at 21:17

Tom Baker for me too. He was the first Doctor I remember as a kid. I cried when he turned in to Peter Davison. Jelly Baby sales have never been the same since.

i have a buddy that had been burning the new Who to disk for me so i could watch them. he is an even bigger fan of the show, and between him and a 3rd friend, they have obtained pretty much everything that still exists* from the old Who episodes.

after tracking down a cool little market in town, i thanked my friend for supplying me with New Who by presenting him with a package of... you probably guessed it... Jelly Babies.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
07.05.2010 - 05:33
whatsacow

Mine wasnt the first i saw... i saw baker first, but i just liked tennants quirks and character more...
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
05.06.2010 - 23:55
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
I didn't vote, but I have to say, I really like Matt Smith, he is so funny, the episode with Vincent Van Gogh tonight was absolutely brill.
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
06.06.2010 - 00:02
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Where's Jon Pertwee?

Who cares about the Doctors when the new assistant makes me all rapey.
14.06.2010 - 02:04
Hrothdane

Written by Guest on 06.06.2010 at 00:02

Who cares about the Doctors when the new assistant makes me all rapey.

I know! The red hair clinches it for me.
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
17.06.2010 - 21:30
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Also missing from the list is Patrick Troughton .

I may be the only person here who can say they have watched Dr Who from the very first episode.

From the "old" series I have to say Tom Baker is the obvious favourite .

Of the newer Doctors I think Matt Smith might well become my favourite .
I like the way his Doctor is slightly more serious , more alien than David Tennant's Doctor .
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
18.06.2010 - 02:52
whatsacow

Written by hanna of steel on 17.06.2010 at 21:30

I may be the only person here who can say they have watched Dr Who from the very first episode.

I like the way his Doctor is slightly more serious , more alien than David Tennant's Doctor .

I disagree, tenant seemed more serious, he definitely had more baggage anyway.
----
18.06.2010 - 04:00
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by hanna of steel on 17.06.2010 at 21:30

even "missing" episodes? awesome.

i've seen bits and pieces of Pertwee, and the very first episodes of the show (Unearthly Child and most of the 1st Daleks one)... wish i could have seen more of 1-3.

i still think Talons of Weng Chiang is quite possibly my favorite arc, narrowly edging Genesis of the Daleks. i like both stories, but Litefoot and Jago are brilliant.
----

18.06.2010 - 11:44
Inlé

The first Pertwee season (7 of the original series) is unmissable if you already like some classic episodes. "Inferno" is probably my favourite Doctor Who story. It's certainly up there with Talons of Weng Chiang and the Caves of Androzani anyway. But yeah all four stories from that bunch are great and are probably the most "mature" the show has ever been.

I'm going with Tom Baker as well, the first 3 years of his tenure had tight stories which were among the best of the classic series, and even when it started turning a bit too silly/childish (especially the few stories past The Invisible Enemy) he still played the character with passion and stole the show. However I actually really like Colin Baker as well. A lot of the stories he was in were crap but I actually like his bizarre, unhinged and at times utter-bastard take on the character. I can see why a lot of the audience found him unlikeable but I like him. Haha.

Shame that the first three aren't on the poll!

I've watched all of the classic series, and I've dabbled in the newer series but it hasn't captured me in the same way, to say the least. I like the "screw effects, we have an epic story" attitude of the classic series. But I'll give the newer ones (past Eccleston) a fair try at some point.