Metal Storm logo
Sinner

10.08.2006 - 22:53
Baz Anderson

Sinner formed in 1980 in Germany as a heavy metal band and a lot has gone on since then.

I can see I am going to have a lot of work to do here, the band has one other fan on this site apart from me it would seem looking at their page.

There is a massive connection between Sinner and Primal Fear. In the time up to now, five people have been in both bands and that isnt including Ralf Scheepers who has guested with backing vocals on the later Sinner stuff.
Primal Fear sometimes perform 'Born To Rock' from 1985's 'Touch Of Sin' and also 'Question Of Honour' from the latest Primal Fear album 'Seven Seals' is originally a Sinner song from the masterpiece that is 1998's 'Nature Of Evil'

Sinner play good old heavy metal and so are well worth looking into if there are people out there that do not know this band - really a must for all Primal Fear fans!

I am not as familiar with the earlier albums, and so I lean towards the more modern sounding albums. My favorite albums being 'Nature Of Evil' 'The End Of Sanctuary' and 'There Will Be Execution'

So I will be very glad to hear from anyone who has anything to say about this band. Favorite albums, etc.
Thank you!
12.08.2006 - 09:59
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
I like Sinner,I mean I havent heard that much,but I do like them,at least from what I heard,I guess thats another fan for you!
12.08.2006 - 14:15
Baz Anderson

haha, well i meant on their profile on here..
"Fans (2)
Baz Anderson, DEXA"
haha - hardly says a lot for the band does it

oh well, at least someone has come in here, i thought no one would have anything to say which is a shame really - they are a top heavy metal band
13.09.2006 - 02:52
peavy
Account deleted
Top band indeed! I have everything from them. In the beginning they were more like hard rock with a bit of metal then they opted for a melodic hard 'n' heavy style not too far removed from the glam bands of the time and starting with the 95 album "Bottom Line" they play heavy metal.

Highly recommended to every traditional metal fan!!
13.09.2006 - 15:09
Baz Anderson

wow!! i am so glad someone else has an interest in Sinner on this site!
yeh, their early stuff isnt so heavy metal, but i still really like it

its so hard to get the earlier albums over here now and at a reasonable price as well
but not long ago i got the 'Germany Rocks - The Best Of' compilation that covers 1984 to 1994
and it is probably the best album i have acquired this year!!! I LOVE it!!!
especially 'The Concrete Jungle' - that is such a cool song!! it even sounds maybe a bit poppy for its time - you know, eighties pop sort of stuff
i love it though!
13.10.2006 - 01:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 12.08.2006 at 09:59

I like Sinner,I mean I havent heard that much,but I do like them,at least from what I heard,I guess thats another fan for you!

me too I hanwt hera much but what I had hear I like great german heavy metal bands, on of firts bands what I had listen in tapes when start listen metal, but whit out cover, song titles and album cover, only writen Sinner, I miss those days
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.10.2006 - 12:39
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
I only have "Dangerous Charm" from them which I like quite much although I haven't listened to it in ages.
13.10.2006 - 14:59
okt31
Account deleted
A higher level of violence!!! \m/ tyheir last album is Saxon-style fantastic heavy metal, I have a couple of older ones also..
Quality band! Perhaps Primal Fear has a lot more fans...
13.10.2006 - 21:22
Baz Anderson

aaaahh!! great!! more Sinner fans coming out of the woodwork!

so are people looking forward to the new album due out in January? its been recorded and such now
i am really looking forward and of course i will buy it like i have baught a large chunk of the Sinner discography

people that dont really know Sinner much and are wanting to get into them more (recommended) - try 'Germany Rocks - The Best Of Sinner' and 'The Second Decade'
these are both compilations full of fantastic songs!
there has already been two albums after 'The Second Decade' though, and they are really good too
05.03.2009 - 18:06
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Hell yeuh they're playing live in a festival in august this year around here(coincidence or not, along with the mighty Primal Fear). what are stuff they might be playing? i've listened so far (thanks to Baz's guide) to Danger Zone and Concrete Jungle(and loved both of them even though they have some techno/whatever elements). before this the only Sinner track i've heard was "The Sun Goes Down"(yeah, laugh all you want).. i notice they have like 20 versions of the song called "Knife in my Heart" so they're gonna play it huh?