Release date: 2004

01. Plecebo Deranged Victory
02. Coat Of Human Skin
03. Human Hunting Season
04. Bullfighters Die
05. Wrong Lunch
06. World Eater [Bolt Thrower cover]
+ Wrong Lunch Video

When I received this album a month ago I was all excited and my hopes were enormously high as I've heard nothing but good comments about this vegan band really. Animals Killing People earned a very good spot in the underground scene with nothing but an EP and a strong vibe stamped in sickening vocals, brutal riffs and lyrics talking about?Animals Killing People, yeah no kidding.

The album didn't impress me as much as I was expecting; none the less, it is a great debut EP for a Goregrind band as the music sounds quite tight and actually polished. It is of course ridiculously brutal and fast, and the beat manages to keep a "catchy" pace from the beginning to the end, thus creating a powerful mix that will please any Goregrind fanatic.

It would've been perfect if their songwriting skills were better though; most of the tracks flow in the same scheme and, in the end, the music seems to be structured erratically and dissolutely. This is not a huge problem if you know what I mean, Animals Killing People is a young band and I'm sure they'll improve such things in the future. I know this because the first track (a new track added especially for this re-release) sounds much better than the other batch of songs.

The really good things about this re-release comes in the extra features; you'll get to see a video (recorded in MiniDV I think) of the band playing Wrong Lunch in their studio?this video makes me guess how good Animals Killing People must be when performing live if you know what I mean. Another turn-on is the vocalist; Andres Usma from the mighty Pustulated does the vocals for this EP, I don't need to say more because I'm sure you already know the vocal power of this fellow.

So, if you are a Goregrind fanatic or your play-lists are loaded with Brutal Death Metal, "Human Hunting Season" is a worthwhile EP to say the least. On the other hand, if you think Angela Gossow has a beautiful voice and your shelves are packed with those "fruity" bands, skip this EP?you'll only get scared.

Best Tracks: "Plecebo Deranged Victory", "Wrong Lunch"

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 8
Production: 7

Written by Herzebeth | 10.08.2006

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 7 users
10.08.2006 - 23:47
-MeTaLlIc-OwL-
Account deleted
sounds like something to headbang
16.08.2006 - 10:56
The Mu-Mu Thing.
Account deleted
"if you think Angela Gossow has a beautiful voice and your shelves are packed with those "fruity" bands, skip this EP?you'll only get scared. "

ahahah, this one made me laugh nice review, I never heard about them before, but I have to admit they have a very original name.. of the album and of the band. now I just want to have this CD, at least to support those guys.. go vegans!
26.09.2006 - 04:52
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
An interesting concept from a genre I love. I should probably download it sometime.
27.09.2006 - 03:04
Rating: 7
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
This band is definitely one of the better bands on Goregiastic Records. If I remember correctly, they are comprised of two members from Pustulated, but I could be wrong. Anyways, brutal shit.

Hits total: 5124 | This month: 5