Metal Storm logo
Hell Militia

03.05.2010 - 11:24
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
I don't know how there is no thread for these guys..or even one for Mütilation. For those who don't know the band, they should definitely check them out. For those familiar with LLN and all that good stuff, HM just released a new album a couple days ago, April 30th '10. They have two new tracks up from the latest album entitled "Last Station On The Road To Hell" and, it's bad ass - very much in the vain of their first LP "Canonisation Of The Foul Spirit".

Can't say I've found this album any where yet, I even checked a local distro that usually carries some what underground bm.
03.05.2010 - 11:37
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
It's been a while since I listened to them but I recall finding them distinctly average, however, I will reserve judgement until I hear the new album, which isn't out or leaked yet as far as I know. They do have an awesome band name though but then again, so do Dead Reptile Shrine, and they're probably the worst band I've ever heard </irrelevant>
03.05.2010 - 22:29
Hellkommando
Written by Bitter Dawn on 03.05.2010 at 11:24

I don't know how there is no thread for these guys..or even one for Mütilation. For those who don't know the band, they should definitely check them out. For those familiar with LLN and all that good stuff, HM just released a new album a couple days ago, April 30th '10. They have two new tracks up from the latest album entitled "Last Station On The Road To Hell" and, it's bad ass - very much in the vain of their first LP "Canonisation Of The Foul Spirit".

Can't say I've found this album any where yet, I even checked a local distro that usually carries some what underground bm.

BD you crazy Canuck! I am trying to get my hands on the HM album and I shall get back to you with my thoughts as I know you highly value my kvlt opinion!
----

Formerly Desolate Gale
03.05.2010 - 23:03
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
!J.O.O.E.!: My initial impression was that their name was a bit unoriginal and didn't expect much of the band but, I was surprised when I listened to them since, they're pretty good.

NH: Definitely let me know man, I'll catch you on MSN I'm sure.
03.01.2011 - 12:49
TheBigRossowski
It is strange enough that since this thread was started in May, it only has four posts, but the fact that Hell Militia doesn't enough have a page.

WTF, metalstorm? I just suggested the band, so go leave some comments or something! They're playing in Germany with AntaeuS and Archgoat in June.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
03.01.2011 - 15:08
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
MEH

That's all I got to say... Meh. I don't find anything interesting in LLN and almost every band related to that group of average bands at best. I will never understand the hype.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
03.01.2011 - 15:18
Narterath
Damn you Deathkult Open Air for taking place before my exams finish! I really like Hell Militia, I first heard the song The Ultimate Deception in The Wine Of Satan II compilation, and it immediately got my attention, mostly due to the fact that it's really catchy, but doesn't compromise atmosphere. I've been listening to Last Station On The Road To Death a lot recently and I find it to be an above average album, with a lot of good moments. The only bad thing is the vocals. The vocalist sounds like a cricket suffering from throat cancer and an unstoppable addiction to every kind of drug known to man. All in all though, a good band.
04.01.2011 - 10:47
SerratedSyringe
I remember listening to Hell Militia a while ago and finding them a bit generic (although their name and logo are very appealing).
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
04.01.2011 - 15:43
TheBigRossowski
Written by Narterath on 03.01.2011 at 15:18

Damn you Deathkult Open Air for taking place before my exams finish! I really like Hell Militia, I first heard the song The Ultimate Deception in The Wine Of Satan II compilation, and it immediately got my attention, mostly due to the fact that it's really catchy, but doesn't compromise atmosphere. I've been listening to Last Station On The Road To Death a lot recently and I find it to be an above average album, with a lot of good moments. The only bad thing is the vocals. The vocalist sounds like a cricket suffering from throat cancer and an unstoppable addiction to every kind of drug known to man. All in all though, a good band.

I can't speak for the new album, but check out Canonisation of the Foul Spirit, it's a wicked album. But that's just like...ugh, my opinion, man.
----
04.01.2011 - 16:34
Narterath
Written by TheBigRossowski on 04.01.2011 at 15:43

I can't speak for the new album, but check out Canonisation of the Foul Spirit, it's a wicked album. But that's just like...ugh, my opinion, man.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion, man I will check it out of course. I downloaded it a couple of days ago but I haven't had the chance to listen to it yet. You should check out the new album as well, they've put on some great music on that one. Listen to the song The Pig That Became A God especially. I could never stop listening to that one. It has great riffs, and towards the end (last 3 minutes of the song) when it becomes a bit monotonous you simply want to put it on repeat and never stop it. Also, their cover of GG Allin's Shoot Knife Strangle Beat & Crucify fits their music and the rest of the album perfectly.
04.01.2011 - 22:41
TheBigRossowski
Written by Narterath on 04.01.2011 at 16:34

Written by TheBigRossowski on 04.01.2011 at 15:43

Also, their cover of GG Allin's Shoot Knife Strangle Beat & Crucify fits their music and the rest of the album perfectly.

Cool, they played that live and all the singers sang with them! I asked someone what it was and they said GG Allin. Like the Dude has ever listened to GG Allin...

It's been a rough night and I hate the FUCKIN' Eagles!
----
06.01.2011 - 09:26
SerratedSyringe
Their GG Allin cover is indeed very good. Not sure if I prefer it to the original, though...
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
07.01.2011 - 11:59
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Have heard of them but haven't really heard any of their stuff. Will think about hunting down an album.
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
07.01.2011 - 12:15
TheBigRossowski
So, I received the new album yesterday and have listened to it once since then. I probably would've been better off ordering "Canonisation.." and just downloading "Last..". Canonisation is the better album of the two, but I'll keep trying with Last. The overall sound and performance on the first album is just... sick, that's why I love it.
----