Metal Storm logo
Be'lakor

08.05.2010 - 02:35
The Turbanator

I went through all the topics in this forum and I can't find one that is about this amazing band.

I'm not even a death metal fan and I love it. I reckon it'll get better reviews from you death metal fans.

Anyway, behold... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTUMo2h0ysk

Classic album.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
09.05.2010 - 12:17
M

Debut album is better.
10.05.2010 - 09:36
Throne Dweller

I saw 'em live before their debut, and I thought they were fairly ordinary.
11.05.2010 - 00:48
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Nice, but nothing special this band. They are doing what a gazillion of bands have done before them.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.05.2010 - 02:12
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
I listened to both their LP's today, for about the 5th time each - and I agree with Marcel ( shocker ) I keep digging hoping to find a reason to really like this band but something is just missing...too generic maybe?
----
rekt
14.05.2010 - 03:42
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Won't say they are generic or a gazillion of bands have done what they are doing, but I think they are a bit overrated here and something is missing
----
loves 小巫
28.10.2011 - 21:00
Shaddy

Maybe i haven't listened to as much MDM as the other people expressing opinions here, but i could honestly say that this is the best band i've heard in a long time. Their music is beautiful.
----
November
28.10.2011 - 21:28
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Shaddy on 28.10.2011 at 21:00
Maybe i haven't listened to as much MDM as the other people expressing opinions here, but i could honestly say that this is the best band i've heard in a long time. Their music is beautiful.

I've listened to a lot of melo-death but Be'lakor and Insomnium top the charts for me.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
28.10.2011 - 21:59
The Turbanator

Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.10.2011 at 21:28

Written by Shaddy on 28.10.2011 at 21:00

I've listened to a lot of melo-death but Be'lakor and Insomnium top the charts for me.

Kalmah might have something to say about that
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
28.10.2011 - 22:02
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by The Turbanator on 28.10.2011 at 21:59

If they hadn't gone downhill (my opinion of course) after The Black Waltz (which I didn't enjoy all that much even though people seem to praise it on here) then I'd probably agree, at least with them being considered in the top 3.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
28.10.2011 - 22:12
The Turbanator

Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.10.2011 at 22:02

Written by The Turbanator on 28.10.2011 at 21:59

If they hadn't gone downhill (my opinion of course) after The Black Waltz (which I didn't enjoy all that much even though people seem to praise it on here) then I'd probably agree, at least with them being considered in the top 3.

Spot on. Their last 2 albums are terrible if you compare to their previous work. The buck stopped at "The Black Waltz" imo. With that album and before that, they are by far my favorite Melodic DM band.
----
28.10.2011 - 22:14
The Turbanator

And now I come to think of it, Be'lakor isn't even that good. They were good at the first few listen but after that I totally forgot about them. I should really stick to posting about BM bands only
----
28.10.2011 - 22:46
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by The Turbanator on 28.10.2011 at 22:14
I should really stick to posting about BM bands only

Seriously, you goddamn poseur.
----