Metal Storm logo
Metal in 5.1 Surround...

14.05.2010 - 21:33
Adalmetal

Hi guys, i've been out of the site for long time. Don't remember when was my last topic (but thanks i'm back).

Well, To the main idea. i purchased few month ago the Special Edition of Opeth's album 'Still Life' (a great masterpiece). my motivation to buy this album was that i actually love the album from beginning to end, and also that i came with a mix of the album in 5.1 surround.

Beginning this year i got myself a set of speakers 5.1 surround and a card for my computer, so that's why i wanted to check how different would sound a mix of this album in 5.1. So when i heard the album i really was amazed by the big difference of the album, which sound way better in 5.1.

I've seen that opeth is releasing mostly all of their material with a mix in 5.1, and i really believe is a great idea, Coz metal benefit from this format. the sound is way more richer than stereo.

So, it came to my mind to ask you out here, which metal bands are actually releasing their material in mixes like this. I know about Dream Theater that released one album in 5.1 surround mix, but i'd definitely love to know what others band are doing this.

Keep on Shredding!!! m/
----
Fulfilment lost in a lifetime of regret
Ornate peace would cover me
As I would die now...
For one last wish
15.05.2010 - 01:21
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Like listening to your favorite songs for the first time, like i've never heard them before
15.05.2010 - 17:28
Got Mayhem?

Ahab should do this... I know that anyone that's enjoyed "The Call of the Wretched Sea" has dreamed of listening to it in bed at night with surround sound speakers installed around the bed and a copy of Moby Dick in hand.
----
15.05.2010 - 22:22
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Got Mayhem? on 15.05.2010 at 17:28

Ahab should do this... I know that anyone that's enjoyed "The Call of the Wretched Sea" has dreamed of listening to it in bed at night with surround sound speakers installed around the bed and a copy of Moby Dick in hand.

Well I oisten to it in double stereo, which is currently the nearest I can get to 5.1 for this album
So stereo in front and stereo in the back. That already gives a nice overwhelming feeling.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.05.2010 - 22:36
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I listen to my physical albums with a surround sound system, however, since those albums aren't designed for 5.1, I only hear the music through two speakers and the sub-woofer. It still sounds great, though.
15.05.2010 - 22:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 15.05.2010 at 22:36

I listen to my physical albums with a surround sound system, however, since those albums aren't designed for 5.1, I only hear the music through two speakers and the sub-woofer. It still sounds great, though.

I can set my 5.1 system to let me hear it through 4 speakers and the subwoofer and lemme guarantee you that is awesome.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.05.2010 - 19:16
Adalmetal

Well, i know that is great. I listen to most of my stereo albums on my speakers, and they sound through the whole set of speakers, and they sound amazing. But when i listened to Opeth's 'Still Life' in 5.1 Mixed, it sounded so F***ing great. I could hear things that i haven't heard before in the music, and that's why i posted that here. I'd like to know which bands are actually releasing their stuff in 5.1 Mixes. Definitely Metal sounds AWESOME in this format. I already ordered Opeth's 'Ghost Reveries' special edition, just to listen to the 5.1 mix. I believe that is going to be awesome too... so, i might be posting the impression out here as soon as i get the cd here...
----
Fulfilment lost in a lifetime of regret
Ornate peace would cover me
As I would die now...
For one last wish
31.05.2011 - 02:09
Tetravirulence

I have got 5:1 sorround but the real problem is i use a laptop which doesnt seem to have ports for all plugins from this 5.1 sorround so i have to use a medium through which all 5 speakers can be connected and it takes some of the awesomeness away i guess
----
Metal News Community!! http://head-metal-bangers.blogspot.com

RIP Juhani Palomaki (1977-2010)