09. Retching On The Dirt
10. Fasting On Deception
11. Throwaway
12. Truth Drug [1996 re-release bonus]
13. Living In Denial [1996 re-release bonus]

Guest review by
deadone
Rating:
Whilst Napalm Death is best known for virtually inventing grindcore, by 1990 they were definitely in the death metal camp. By 1994 there was change in the air again with Fear, Emptiness, Despair. The only problem is the change seemed uninspired and most likely commercially motivated, resulting in an unsatisfactory album.

Read more ››
published 11.04.2014 | Comments (0)

Found in 8 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 285 users
16.05.2010 - 01:51
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Oh man! As much as I love the previous Napalm Death albums, this one is simply too much special!

Twist the Knife is a beautiful Death metal act.. and imagine that I would discover this band through this song in the Mortal Kombat soundtrack... Thank god for my dorky tastes. o/

And well.. this is the beginning of their hardcore''ish'' path.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
23.07.2022 - 20:58
Rating: 7
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
contributor
Imo this is one of their heaviest sounding and best produced albums, the thundering drums are very impressive, same goes for the bass, but the riffs are pretty generic it has to be said, there isn't much groove to song structures, and the songwriting is pretty bland compared to some of their releases. Still this remains one of their best sounding albums, even if it's not one of their best imo.
06.04.2023 - 20:56
Rating: 7
VileVick-Bryant
Ahh Twist the knife (slowly) a song I remember listening to a lot on the MK soundtrack.

Hits total: 8978 | This month: 29