Metal Storm logo
Dio - Dio Has Passed Away

What started as a rumour on twitter and various websites has now actually happened. Earlier in the day/night it was denied by Wendy Dio, stating that Ronnie James Dio was "still hanging in there", but a few moments ago the official Ronnie James Dio website posted the following statement:

"Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45 a.m. [on Sunday] 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private goodbyes before he peacefully passed away."

The news is spreading as wildfire, the official Dio website might be down due to too much traffic.

Our condolences go out to the family, friends and fans of Ronnie James Dio. Rest in peace.

- The Metal Storm Staff

Source: ronniejamesdio.com
Band profile: Dio
Posted: 17.05.2010 by Lucas

Comments page 5 / 8

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 240   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 1015 users
17.05.2010 - 04:12
LeoBozzano
Thera are a few masters of metal, Dio was one of them. RIP Dio, your metal will keep on forever!
----
"The evil that man do lives on."
17.05.2010 - 04:31
Sworn
This is one of the saddest news ever for the metal scene around the world. Can't believe that one of the biggest legends of Heavy Metal has passed away. I thought he was getting better of his disease.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN!
17.05.2010 - 04:57
Chainer
Witch Hunter Gen
Written by spiritofvengence on 17.05.2010 at 02:05

I still don't like his music

Fuck you, take your shit some where else, show some fucking respect.

R.I.P. Dio. A legend left us today.
----
Written by Dangerboner on 02.11.2009 at 08:11

Everything he doesn't like is metalcore. Britney Spears, Elton John, Michael Moore, and green beans are also metalcore, in case you guys didn't know.
17.05.2010 - 05:08
Jason W.
Razorbliss
staff
Easily one of the biggest losses for metal, but thankfully with music, it and he can live on forever. My love for metal and music would not be the same without his presence!
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
17.05.2010 - 05:18
Symmachus
RIP Ronnie James Dio! Your legend will live on!
17.05.2010 - 05:29
Conemetal
He didn't die he got the immortality in his great music
----
MUCH I LEARNED FROM MY TEACHERS,
MORE FROM MY COLLEAGUES, BUT I HAVE LEARNED THE MOST FROM MY DISCIPLES
17.05.2010 - 05:40
Dope7560
Goddammit man.. This is a bad year..

Rest in Peace Ronnie James Dio.. You were the inspiration to many people including myself..

UP THE IRONS !!!!

17.05.2010 - 06:12
Xodus
I can't believe it.

RIP Ronnie.
17.05.2010 - 06:26
Mad Mike
RIP Ronnie
----
Did you ever notice that the people who tell you to get a life are normally people who should be dead in the first place?
17.05.2010 - 07:27
Angel Of Mercy
RIP Dio. The world stopped when Micheal Jackson died. Now the metal world has stopped because a truley great vocalist and songwriter has been taken from us.

RIP Dio, much loved. Never forgotten.
----
Your time will come.
17.05.2010 - 07:45
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by spiritofvengence on 17.05.2010 at 02:05

I still don't like his music

That's really great to know. You spelt vengeance wrong btw.

I had a lump in my throat when I first heard this...I've been listening to him since I first got into metal 6 years ago, got to see him perform live twice. Well, in my opinion at least I can say he left off on one of the best albums of his career.

RIP Dio.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
17.05.2010 - 07:51
DoomGuard
RIP RJD
17.05.2010 - 08:10
Will always be "A Light in the Black"! Amazing in Rainbow, Sabbath and his enunciation of "Holy Diver" and "Caught in the Middle" get the hackles. God bless!
17.05.2010 - 08:46
Asat0r
Dio was truly an inspiration to everybody. Today a part of Metal has died. R.I.P Dio
17.05.2010 - 08:57
Arcticus
Wow. I read the original rumour last night and was so relieved when I discovered it wasn't true, now to see this...I'm just shocked and extremely sad. I guess I didn't realise the severity of the situation, I honestly thought he would last longer. So soon after Pete Steele too...I don't think I can take much more of this! R.I.P. DIO - truly a Rainbow in the Dark, your music will never ever die. Take up your throne in metal Valhalla, where true warriors go - a legend now and forever.
Written by juanopereira on 17.05.2010 at 00:52

Maybe he has gone, but his music will remain forever. Today Dio has become a legend.
Now he can join Jimmy Hendrix, Robert Plant, Dimebag Darrell, Bon Scott, Cliff Burton and all the Rock Gods in heaven.
RIP Ronnie James Dio.

Robert Plant is not dead. John Bonham maybe? The sentiment is there though.
17.05.2010 - 09:10
Dark Seraphim
I'm gutted, he was an amazing singer. We shall never forget.
17.05.2010 - 09:13
R.I.Pdeadlegends
Account deleted
R.I.P dear Dio we will never forget you !! M/
17.05.2010 - 09:36
Black Mass
Without death, life is meaningless.
Saw Heaven and Hell at Wacken last year, was awesome.
17.05.2010 - 09:38
bozqale
R.I.P
17.05.2010 - 09:54
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
First of all RIP.

secondly it is awful that so many people here say things such as "i wanted to see him line! NO!" or "i am lucky that i saw him live last november".

whats wrong with you people? a man has died. it's not that someone stole your favorite game. when someone's dying the problem is not if you've seen him live...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
17.05.2010 - 09:57
SATANSCHAMBER666
Account deleted
R.I.P. Dio
17.05.2010 - 10:06
fosi
R.I.P DIO.
He is a God now!!!
17.05.2010 - 10:14
Deigrinder
hail the devil
17.05.2010 - 10:15
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Deadmeat on 17.05.2010 at 09:54

whats wrong with you people? a man has died. it's not that someone stole your favorite game. when someone's dying the problem is not if you've seen him live...

The man was a performer, it's what he loved to do, I'm sure he'd be flattered that so many people felt honoured to have seen him before he died.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
17.05.2010 - 10:55
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Doc G. on 17.05.2010 at 10:15

Written by Deadmeat on 17.05.2010 at 09:54

The man was a performer, it's what he loved to do, I'm sure he'd be flattered that so many people felt honoured to have seen him before he died.

yeah if he lived this would be a great discussion. but now he died man. i find it a bit disrespectful. what i want to say is that today the important isn't if someone has seen him live but his death.
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
17.05.2010 - 10:57
Zio
----
Knowing is not enough we must apply. Willing is not enough we must do. ~
17.05.2010 - 10:58
In Bone Factory
R.I.P. Dio
----
The End Is Nigh ...
17.05.2010 - 11:32
Thryce
Retired Staff
elite
Written by Deadmeat on 17.05.2010 at 10:55

yeah if he lived this would be a great discussion. but now he died man. i find it a bit disrespectful. what i want to say is that today the important isn't if someone has seen him live but his death.

It's not a matter of disrespect, it's a matter of paying tribute by remembering him.

I saw Heaven And Hell perform in 2007, and that show was also the first thing that came into my mind when I heard the news. I keep thinking back to that time I stood there in the rain gazing at a surprisingly good, solid and enjoyable show. Now that I know it was the only time in my life I saw Dio in person, it makes the event all the more special and unique; it's my memory of Ronnie James Dio.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
17.05.2010 - 11:39
hridesh7raj
rest in peace dio...
17.05.2010 - 11:53
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Thryce on 17.05.2010 at 11:32

Written by Deadmeat on 17.05.2010 at 10:55

It's not a matter of disrespect, it's a matter of paying tribute by remembering him.

I saw Heaven And Hell perform in 2007, and that show was also the first thing that came into my mind when I heard the news. I keep thinking back to that time I stood there in the rain gazing at a surprisingly good, solid and enjoyable show. Now that I know it was the only time in my life I saw Dio in person, it makes the event all the more special and unique; it's my memory of Ronnie James Dio.

this is something else. it is not "bad" remembering it that way. but it isn't that good when someone says "aaa he died, fuck i wont see him singing". it is not about the singer but about the person this time..
----

Hits total: 19143 | This month: 12