Metal Storm logo
Dio - Dio Has Passed Away

What started as a rumour on twitter and various websites has now actually happened. Earlier in the day/night it was denied by Wendy Dio, stating that Ronnie James Dio was "still hanging in there", but a few moments ago the official Ronnie James Dio website posted the following statement:

"Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45 a.m. [on Sunday] 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private goodbyes before he peacefully passed away."

The news is spreading as wildfire, the official Dio website might be down due to too much traffic.

Our condolences go out to the family, friends and fans of Ronnie James Dio. Rest in peace.

- The Metal Storm Staff

Source: ronniejamesdio.com
Band profile: Dio
Posted: 17.05.2010 by Lucas

Comments page 7 / 8

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 240   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 1015 users
17.05.2010 - 19:34
JD
Account deleted
R.I.P
17.05.2010 - 19:52
Hellish Star

RIP! A legend passed away...
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
17.05.2010 - 19:55
ShadowedFire88

:metal: Great musician and Pioneer of Heavy Metal, He will never be
forgotten.. May he rest in peace.. :metal:
----
...SHADOWEDFIRE...
17.05.2010 - 20:26
pazuzuovbabel
Pazuzu
AM GONA LSN TO DIO OVER N OVER N OVER .. DAMN!

i dont think there are any bigger metal Icon than him ,, not Ozzy, not Hallford ,, not any another one ,, i guess he is Metal biggest lost ,,
the only one that IMO can be have the same place in metal community is Dickinson ,,

LONG LIVE ROCK n ROLL, LONG LIVE DIO , in our heart
17.05.2010 - 20:28
warrior_of_ice

A huge loss for the metal community...RIP.
17.05.2010 - 20:44
Sandmetal

This is one of the most sad days in human history
17.05.2010 - 20:48
BlankFile

This is really sad news for the Metal World. RIP Ronnie James Dio.
17.05.2010 - 20:55
Mr. Burns

Very, very sad today. We have lost a true legend
17.05.2010 - 21:12
unswabbed

Requiescat in Pace Dio
17.05.2010 - 21:37
mystic666

One of the most outstanding talents of this world is gone:( You'll be missed terribly Ronnie! Thank you for everything you gave us!
17.05.2010 - 22:36
SatyriconChick

I still can't believe he's really gone... I'm listening to the Holy Diver album, and the title track just made me lose it, and the tears came. Damn it, it's so unfair that he didn't beat that damn cancer!
17.05.2010 - 22:53
Roro

...and another one has gone
17.05.2010 - 23:18
DIO Is God
Account deleted
Now lies the greatest singer to ever grace our beloved heavy metal. And though his body is gone, Ronnie's spirit shall live on with us forever.
17.05.2010 - 23:18
Enissa

R.I.P dio, You'll be sorely missed....
17.05.2010 - 23:59
Thrash666

R.I.P. Dio. Horns forever!!
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
18.05.2010 - 00:21
Magatouve
Account deleted
Written by Deadmeat on 17.05.2010 at 11:53

Written by Thryce on 17.05.2010 at 11:32

Written by Deadmeat on 17.05.2010 at 10:55

yeah if he lived this would be a great discussion. but now he died man. i find it a bit disrespectful. what i want to say is that today the important isn't if someone has seen him live but his death.

It's not a matter of disrespect, it's a matter of paying tribute by remembering him.

I saw Heaven And Hell perform in 2007, and that show was also the first thing that came into my mind when I heard the news. I keep thinking back to that time I stood there in the rain gazing at a surprisingly good, solid and enjoyable show. Now that I know it was the only time in my life I saw Dio in person, it makes the event all the more special and unique; it's my memory of Ronnie James Dio.

this is something else. it is not "bad" remembering it that way. but it isn't that good when someone says "aaa he died, fuck i wont see him singing". it is not about the singer but about the person this time..

I see your point but such comments are not necessarily out of lack of respect. People normally like to see musicians and singers they respect on stage. This is the only place where we meet and interact with them. We don't normally meet those people in real life, so we feel sorry that they died before seeing them performing because simply there is virtually no other place to meet them...
18.05.2010 - 01:02
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Guest on 18.05.2010 at 00:21

I see your point but such comments are not necessarily out of lack of respect. People normally like to see musicians and singers they respect on stage. This is the only place where we meet and interact with them. We don't normally meet those people in real life, so we feel sorry that they died before seeing them performing because simply there is virtually no other place to meet them...

yeah but when someone dies you cannot feel sad that you wont see him live more than feeling sad cause he's dead..
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
18.05.2010 - 01:21
Metal Maiden
Megadead
Written by Deadmeat on 18.05.2010 at 01:02

Written by Guest on 18.05.2010 at 00:21

yeah but when someone dies you cannot feel sad that you wont see him live more than feeling sad cause he's dead..

I will see Dio live...I'm just gonna have to wait a little longer than anticipated...

Stop arguing semantics - of course eveybody's sad because he's dead...The right word for not being able to see him anymore is regret...Nobody meant disrespect...
18.05.2010 - 01:23
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Great musician, better man...I loved his interviews. Some people I can't stand listening to...others I can listen to for hours...he was one of them.
----
rekt
18.05.2010 - 03:16
Krixiro
Hero Of Time
R.I.P.
----
The Winter Is Coming
18.05.2010 - 05:50
wh1te603

RIP Dio, m/
18.05.2010 - 06:05
Opethian

Written by tea[m]ster on 18.05.2010 at 01:23

Great musician, better man...I loved his interviews. Some people I can't stand listening to...others I could listen to for hours...he was one of them.

i agree with you on that one sir !
18.05.2010 - 06:31
rps

We believed we'd catch the rainbow
Ride the wind to the sun
Sail away on ships of wonder

But life's not a wheel
With chains made of steel
So bless me

R.I.P. Dio
18.05.2010 - 07:11
Juancarg

After a long fight, nothing better than going to sleep and rest. I hope your dream be sweeter than your voice.
18.05.2010 - 09:37
Mehrdad89

RIP Dio,One of the greatest vocalist and humans
18.05.2010 - 11:25
pianoman220

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lWFuGKr5lQ

here is my tribute to Dio, done on piano!
18.05.2010 - 12:55
animal

Terrible, terrible news.

RIP Ronnie James Dio. You will truly be missed but your music and your legend will live on forever!! LONG LIVE ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
----
"I got 1,000 years of power! Come and get me!" Robert McLain- Royal Oak, MI
18.05.2010 - 14:11
BloodTears
ANA-thema
All I can say is that I'm sad. I really didn't listen to much of Dio's bands but I always liked his voice and thought he always had something positive to say about metal, encouraging new people to listen to metal. He was respected and I respected him for that attitude. And his message was one of union and appreciation for metal. And as far as I know, Dio introduced the metal horns, I saw that in an interview with him, something that would become a metal symbol.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
18.05.2010 - 14:26
marinBG

R.I.P.!

I actually never really liked his music, but my respect for him is enourmoust non-the-less! This is a man, who has earned his immortality in the hearts of the metalheads no matter what!
----
...cause I don't give a fuck if you hate me!
18.05.2010 - 15:42
Krankheit
Account deleted
Rest in peace Dio

Hits total: 19130 | This month: 27