05. I Am Morbid
06. 10 More Dead
07. Destructos VS The Earth / Attack
08. Nevermore
09. Beauty Meets Beast
10. Radikult
11. Profundis - Mea Culpa

Additional info
Release dates: June 6th: Europe, June 7th: North America.

Available in following formats:
- Wooden foldout box
- Metal starpak CD (Outside North America)
- Deluxe digipak CD (North America only)
- Double gatefold LP with download card
- Jewel case CD
- Digital download

Mixed by Sean Beavan for SOS Management Inc. at the Blue Room, Los Angeles, California.

Drums for "Profundis - Mea Culpa", "Destructos VS The Earth / Attack", "Too Extreme!", "Nevermore", "Beauty Meets Beast" and "Existo Vulgoré" recorded at Mana Recording Studios. Engineer: Erik Rutan.

Drums for "I Am Morbid", "Radikult", "Blades For Baal" and "10 More Dead" recorded at Red Room Studios. Enginner: Mark Prator.

Guitars, bass and vocals recorded at D.O.W. Studios. Engineer: Juan "Punchy" Gonzalez.

Vocals for "Existo Vulgoré", "Beauty Meets Beast" and "Profundis - Mea Culpa" recorded with Sean Beavan at the Blue Room, Los Angeles, California.

Cover artwork and booklet design by Gustavo Sazes.

Staff review by
jupitreas
Rating:
N/A
More than any other release in recent times, Morbid Angel's Illud Divinum Insanus has polarized our staff members. As anyone familiar with these Floridian death metal forefathers knows, they just came back from a long 8 year absence with a new album that also features their original vocalist, David Vincent, for the first time in 16 years. Due to the notability of this release, we decided to create a collaborative review, which gives all of the staff members to voice their opinions. Here they are, ranging from most negative to quite positive.

Read more ››
published 13.06.2011 | Comments (61)

So you thought you'd heard the pinnacle of experimental metal? Think again buster, Morbid Angel are here to please their fanbase with everything they could have ever wanted: rip-roaring hardcore snarls, air-punching electro-beatz, brutal, technical Rammstein-worship and truly forward-thinking lyrical content such as the never before contemplated "KILL A COP COP, KILL A COP, KILL-A-KILL-A-COP!" all of which will have you grabbing your glowsticks, squeezing into your favourite UV neon-latex vest and before you know it you'll be throwing shapes down your local Goth-pit, big-fish, little-fish, cardboard box style. Yeah, Morbid Angel know what they're doing and are making metal sexier than ever before.

!J.O.O.E.!'s picks | More picks ››

Found in 18 lists
Top lists

Comments page 4 / 10

Comments: 294   Visited by: 2092 users
06.06.2011 - 00:50
Fat & Sassy!

Written by (((O))) on 06.06.2011 at 00:47

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 06.06.2011 at 00:35

Written by (((O))) on 06.06.2011 at 00:24

Am I cool if I give this album a 10?

I was gonna put my vote in for the album, but I can't seem to find an 11 on the scoring list.

Yeah, they should change the maximum rating to 11 just for this album.

Yeah, but ONLY for this album. It's the only one that deserves it.
06.06.2011 - 00:52
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Deadmeat on 06.06.2011 at 00:41

I feel very sorry for the band and the album. it is going to be heavily fucked.... (i am talking about it's rating...)

Don't feel that way dude!

I look at it this way... I wasn't around when epic fails like St Anger, Come Clarity, latest Criptosy and many others came out. But now... I feel like I'm part of history witnessing this epic fail!

"Yes my dear grandsons... when I was in my late teens Morbid Angel was good.... but I saw it boys... I saw that day when everything turned to epic shit! It was... almost beautiful how the fans got trolled the shit out of them... beautiful indeed. A day to remember..."
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
06.06.2011 - 00:57
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted

I feel very sorry for the band and the album. it is going to be heavily fucked.... (i am talking about it's rating...)

Yeah I feel really sorry for their bank account too... it probably won't be able to fit all the money in that's throw at it =[
06.06.2011 - 00:59
(((O)))

Just noticed the new staff pick, I just wish that I was a staff so I could give it thumbs up.
06.06.2011 - 01:01
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by (((O))) on 06.06.2011 at 00:59

Just noticed the new staff pick, I just wish that I was a staff so I could give it thumbs up.

Well you've staff picked my heart at least =')
06.06.2011 - 01:01
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 06.06.2011 at 00:57

Yeah I feel really sorry for their bank account too... it probably won't be able to fit all the money in that's throw at it =[

specially for the morons who bought the super duper truper special box!XD

Jooe: this is probably the best thing you ever picked... seriously, this will be in my memory for a long time XD I can't believe I'm having this fun seeing the responses.
----
Rod, let me love you.
06.06.2011 - 01:03
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 06.06.2011 at 01:01

specially for the morons who bought the super duper truper special box!XD

Jooe: this is probably the best thing you ever picked... seriously, this will be in my memory for a long time XD

Haha, cheers xD

It's true about the box, I can see why Morbid released samples of the death metally songs and not the industrial ones or nobody would have bought it.
06.06.2011 - 01:07
(((O)))

Maybe they will bury all those copies of the box that wasn't sold in the desert?
06.06.2011 - 01:08
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 06.06.2011 at 01:03

It's true about the box, I can see why Morbid released samples of the death metally songs and not the industrial ones or nobody would have bought it.

If I was rich and stupid... it would have worked on me totally since I liked Existo Vulgore quite a lot when the samples came out. But I can almost say that this is better

cheers indeed!
----
Rod, let me love you.
06.06.2011 - 01:12
Rating: 2
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Well, at least people who ordered the box set will have something to bury the album in

Edit: Dammit, the dude with the butthole s/n beat me to it
06.06.2011 - 01:12
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
My rating speaks for myself. Any further commentary would be giving this record too much credit.
06.06.2011 - 01:21
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Behemoth called, they want bone marrow their album cover back

Their band thread should be moved to the Alternative Metal or General Music forum
06.06.2011 - 01:27
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Dangerboner on 06.06.2011 at 01:21

Behemoth called, they want bone marrow their album cover back

Their band thread should be moved to the Alternative Metal or General Music forum

I'm struggling to understand if you're pissed off or just making jokes about it for the lulz. The best think you can do is to ignore it like the Star Wars prequels.
----
Rod, let me love you.
06.06.2011 - 01:28
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Both.

BTW, are Behemoth cancer jokes too soon? lol
06.06.2011 - 01:32
(((O)))

There is nothing wrong with the Star Wars prequels!

..okay, Episode I is pretty shit but the other two are great.
06.06.2011 - 01:33
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
This album fucking blows; unfortunately that's as descriptive as I can be.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
06.06.2011 - 01:39
Nigel Peppercock

Just heard Radikult... did I really just hear Vincent say "Yay"? Also, the "Kill a Cop" part was just ridiculous. All I could think about was teenage boys whining about how they got pulled over for driving too fast. I feel like morbid angel is pandering to that younger audience with songs like TOO EXTREME!111!!!!!!!!! Anyway I can't take any more of this shit.
----
"A victim of someone else's choice
The ones who suffer have no voice"
06.06.2011 - 01:44
Rating: 5
@gent_-_orange

Seems like the band has shot themselves in the foot.... Im all for bands trying new things but when the results end up like this I really cant defend it... what a shame....

Hopefully the backlash from this album will be so intense that the band will get their shit together for the next release.
06.06.2011 - 01:55
strade

Bottom albums, baby! BOTTOM. ALBUMS.
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com
06.06.2011 - 01:59
@gent_-_orange

Wow its in the bottom 20 already? Never thought I would see MA their.
06.06.2011 - 02:15
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by strade on 06.06.2011 at 01:55

Written by @gent_-_orange on 06.06.2011 at 01:59

All I can say is it's there for a reason. This album has really pissed me off.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
06.06.2011 - 02:28
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Troy Killjoy on 06.06.2011 at 02:15

Written by strade on 06.06.2011 at 01:55

Woa, what gives? I know you didn't like it at all but why did it piss you off ? XD Not like you were a long time fan of the band either.
----
Rod, let me love you.
06.06.2011 - 02:35
@gent_-_orange

Quote:

This album is a massive dissapointment, 8 years for this? I can see why long time fans are pissed off. I mean... the best parts of this album are when the band decides to play it straight and avoid the experimentation but even the standard stuff is decent at best... its the industrial influences that really drag the album down... hopefully the band will realise there mistake with there next album.
06.06.2011 - 02:35
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by X-Ray Rod on 06.06.2011 at 02:28

Woa, what gives? I know you didn't like it at all but why did it piss you off ? XD Not like you were a long time fan of the band either.

Not in the sense that I grew up when the band was starting out and I followed them across the world on their tours, but hell, Altars was one of the first death metal albums I heard. Then I got into the rest of their shit and everything (more or less) was just awesome.

Then this shit happens. It's the same thing with Cryptopsy. I spend a solid year or two enjoying their sound and then fucking The Unspoken King comes out.

I can't imagine how long-time fans are dealing. I think I'd just jump into a rotating jet engine.
----
06.06.2011 - 02:36
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by @gent_-_orange on 06.06.2011 at 02:35

This album is a massive dissapointment, 8 years for this? I mean... the best parts of this album are when the band decides to play it straight and avoid the experimentation but even the standard stuff is decent at best... its the industrial influences that really drag the album down... hopefully the band will realise there mistake with there next album.

If you ask me, the death metal songs aren't anything to write home about either. If the industrial bits were tossed entirely, I still don't see this album getting anything above a 5 from me.
----
06.06.2011 - 02:44
Fat & Sassy!

You know, if they were gonna troll their fans like this, I think it would have been funnier to just sneak some Marylin Manson and Rob Zombie songs in with the death metal songs on this album. xD
06.06.2011 - 02:46
@gent_-_orange

Written by Troy Killjoy on 06.06.2011 at 02:36

Written by @gent_-_orange on 06.06.2011 at 02:35

This album is a massive dissapointment, 8 years for this? I mean... the best parts of this album are when the band decides to play it straight and avoid the experimentation but even the standard stuff is decent at best... its the industrial influences that really drag the album down... hopefully the band will realise there mistake with there next album.

If you ask me, the death metal songs aren't anything to write home about either. If the industrial bits were tossed entirely, I still don't see this album getting anything above a 5 from me.

IMO the industrial songs should have been released as some sort of wierd side project or on a bonus disc or something .... This album simply isn't what long time fans or DM fans in general were expecting, If its being put down here chances are it will be ripped to shreds at the metal archives.
06.06.2011 - 02:51
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 06.06.2011 at 02:44

You know, if they were gonna troll their fans like this, I think it would have been funnier to just sneak some Marylin Manson and Rob Zombie songs in with the death metal songs on this album. xD

I think the guy who uploaded the Jackson 5 album as IDI was actually trying to tell fans how far MA have stepped away from their ABC albums.

Nobody was prepared for this level of trolling.
----
06.06.2011 - 02:58
JD
Account deleted
Not good album but i enjoyed "I Am Morbid" i think its the best song in this one.
06.06.2011 - 03:03
wormdrink414

By Morbid Angel standards I can kinda understand giving this a really low score, but all in all it isn't too bad. There are a couple solid tracks.

Hits total: 47342 | This month: 96