Metal Storm logo
Kamelot vs Iced Earth

Original post

Posted by Vunts, 17.05.2006 - 17:53
Both of these bands have been looked upon as non-flowery powermetal and thus more liked by the extreme metallers than f.e the Finnish powermetal style.
I personally prefer Kamelot because they have more than 30 excellent songs and even though i like a few Iced Earth songs, none of them comes close to the average Kamelot song.
I won't go into detail on what song i like most etc etc, but i just find Kamelot's style better. Melodic, fast, non-generic power ballads and a great vocalist.
I'm waiting to hear from others.

Poll

So which do you like more?

Iced Earth
Kamelot

Total votes: 167
06.06.2009 - 22:04
BuzzPhil
Kamelot for me... But I love both of them!
13.06.2009 - 02:26
nehrodwarf
Among Kamelot and Iced earth...

I prefer Iced Earth(when it's barlow at vocals) I like their sonority, it's subjective. But, Kamelot it's ytoo much good too; their styles it's too diferents but iced for me it's the best

HAIL HAIL HAIL m/
----
In this life you can choose what kind of ave to be: a chicken or a phoexix. I choosen be a phoenix, cuz' I'm rebirthing from ashes

Ps: my website it's: http://gcasweb.orgfree.com
26.06.2009 - 17:51
Rattlehead87
Matt Barlow's Iced Earth
----
No one is safe when I close my eyes, I come to take your life
30.06.2009 - 21:06
Wyrd
Iced Earth all the way!
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
19.08.2009 - 01:30
Razorback
It's hard to chose,both bands are great specialy vocals,but iced earth is still a little bit better .
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
10.09.2009 - 03:41
His Eminence
Account deleted
I'd have to go with Kamelot. Even though I enjoy Iced Earth as well, I like Khan's vocals over Barlow's or Owens'.
10.09.2009 - 10:17
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Iced Earth...Kamelot is somehow boring for me while i like at least something by IE
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

10.09.2009 - 13:36
Warman
Erotic Stains
Actually neither of them. But while Iced Earth has some good songs, Kamelot is just pure shit to me. My best friend always puts on some Kamelot when I come over, just to annoy me. So my vote goes to Iced Earth of course.
----
29.09.2009 - 04:52
ToMegaTherion
This is just one fo those personal preferance polls for me. Because each band has their own strengths and weaknesses. My vote is for IE, but Kamelot are also amongst my favorite bands.
Vocals - It depends on the song, Roy has the stronger voice, but Barlow is more skilled at engaging the listener through emotive tones.
Music - I love IE musically, Jon Schaffers riffs are pure quality and remain my favorites.
Songs - Relatively equal in terms of songwriting and composition, maybe slightly in favor of IE, but not by much.
08.02.2010 - 20:33
Nicoline
Kamelot all the way, Kahn is too brilliant. I never really got into Iced Earth, maybe I will in time.
09.02.2010 - 20:43
Scourge
Iced Earth. Kamelot is also great but i like Iced better.
----
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and bitter...
03.07.2010 - 00:14
Sulac
Iced Earth is an amazing band, but it just doesn't compare to Kamelot, who is my all-time favorite band.
22.03.2016 - 11:38
Sang Dalang Abu
Of course ICED EARTH!!
08.05.2016 - 03:31
UPDIRNS
Iced Earth would be my preference. Especially with Barlow at the helm. Last two albums were great IMO.
12.05.2016 - 08:40
Metal Ninja
Iced Earth is far superior to Kamelot, I find their music a little dreary compared to Iced Earth.
06.07.2022 - 05:42
24emd
Theory Snob
I just prefer Kamelot. I can't stand Iced Earth, simple as that.
----
"I am too stupid to be human, and I lack common sense." - Proverbs 30:2
"Music? Well, it's just entertainment, folks!" - Devin Townsend

Best 2024 Albums