Metal Storm logo
Dio - Public Memorial Service; Tribute Stages On Sweden Rock And Bloodstock

According to Dio's website there will be a public memorial service for the late legend in Los Angeles.

"There will be a Public Memorial Service for Ronnie James Dio on Sunday, May 30th at 2:00 PM at The Hall Of Liberty located at Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills, 6300 Forest Lawn Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90068. This will be a celebration of the life and music of Ronnie James Dio and is open to all of his friends and fans from around the world.

For those of you that will be flying in from out of town or out of the country, we are working with various local hotels to arrange discount rates. As soon as we have more information, we will make it available. "

In related news, organizers of Bloodstock Open Air in Catton Hall, UK and Sweden Rock Festival in Sölvesborg, have announced there will be a Ronnie James Dio stage as a tribute to the fallen metal icon.

Statement from Bloodstock: "We'd like to pay tribute to one of metal's leading and legendary lights, with the announcement of the renaming of Bloodstock's Main Stage as the Ronnie James Dio stage." A comment by Bloodstock founder Paul Gregory - responsible for the cover artwork for Dio's Angry Machines and Inferno - Last In Live albums - can be read here.

Statement from Sweden Rock: "Ronnie James Dio made five appearances at Sweden Rock Festival: three times with his own band Dio, and twice with Heaven And Hell - most recently just last summer. Ronnie always had a keen eye towards Sweden and Sweden Rock, and over the years we developed a good relationship to both him and his wife/manager Wendy... To honour his memory, we have decided to rename the Zeppelin Stage: this year it will be called Dio Stage. We are also planning a tribute ceremony on one of the main stages. More info on this will follow shortly."

In October, most prominent Swedish metal musicians will do a tribute concert on the Sweden Rock Cruise.

Source: ronniejamesdio.com
Band profile: Dio
Posted: 20.05.2010 by Zhao

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 200 users
20.05.2010 - 11:12
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
If i can convince my roommate to make the drive, im going.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
20.05.2010 - 16:10
Roro

The best way to say goodbye
20.05.2010 - 20:15
Baz Anderson

I think I'm going to call my Snowy Owl "Dio" too.
20.05.2010 - 20:36
Roro

Sounds nice
20.05.2010 - 23:09
Symmachus

These are nice ways to honor the memory and the person of Ronnie James Dio.
21.05.2010 - 00:52
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Fully deserved.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
21.05.2010 - 06:52
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
Too bad that's way to far away for me. It sounds like it's going to be an awesome show.
21.05.2010 - 07:59
Murder

Respect
21.05.2010 - 09:39
Mikyz

He is deserves no less than that, they should rename a country Dio as a tribute
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.

Hits total: 3202 | This month: 4