Metal Storm logo
Dark Arena - A new US metal sensation

13.08.2006 - 12:11
Hellish Star

A NEW US METAL SENSATION : DARK ARENA This is the new band from the Ritual singer (Ritual from the "Trails of torment" album....

DARK ARENA is typical US metal with high pitched vocals (like Agent Steel, New Eden, Helstar,...). They released one albul called "Alien factor", don't hesitate to buy it...Damn, I can't stop listening to this one....

http://www.darkarena.cc/
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=44431599
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
13.08.2006 - 14:28
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
It's a very good band with a solid album, which begins full force and doesn't stop until the end, I only had one problem at times it reminded me of the happy poppy flower metal (talking about the guitars). Reminds me of Helstar & Seven Witches (I mean James Rivera!).
16.08.2006 - 23:34
Hellish Star

As usual; no interest in some mindblowing true US metal
----

18.08.2006 - 03:50
danzig111
Account deleted
meh, sorry, i don't find them that great at all
18.08.2006 - 08:02
Hellish Star

Written by Guest on 18.08.2006 at 03:50

And the big shit band Dragonforce is?
----

18.08.2006 - 19:35
danzig111
Account deleted
Written by Hellish Star on 18.08.2006 at 08:02

oh shut the fuck up......you're an 11 yr old trapped in a 30 something year old's body.

well anyways, someone has to be the bigger man between us 2 and i'm glad it was me . I simply expressed my view on the band (which is what this thread is for), believe it or not, people will not think the same as you, that's life bud

But you.....you just went as far as to diss a band just because you didn't like them......you're too fvcking old to act childish, really man, pull your socks up!
18.08.2006 - 20:54
Hellish Star

Written by Guest on 18.08.2006 at 19:35

oh shut the fuck up......you're an 11 yr old trapped in a 30 something year old's body.

well anyways, someone has to be the bigger man between us 2 and i'm glad it was me . I simply expressed my view on the band (which is what this thread is for), believe it or not, people will not think the same as you, that's life bud

But you.....you just went as far as to diss a band just because you didn't like them......you're too fvcking old to act childish, really man, pull your socks up!

Who's acting childish? : If you're only here to tell Dark Arena ain't nothing special than stay away. This thread was made for people who like US metal, very rare nowadays because the media doesn't support those bands. What is the point of your meaning anyway?

I don't like Dragonforce at all, an overrated seventh range band IMO, a bad Helloween clone on speed, nothing more and nothing less. And because the media supports them you're a fan, right? You propably only know the famous bands, right?Downloading all your albums? I suppose you're that kind of metal "fan"...

Untill your reply I never said anything bad about Dragonforce (by the way, also on stage they suck) because I respect the meaning of people who like the band. You really are so convinced about yourself that you think you know all about metal (not only on this thread) and that's the reason I asked you about Dragonforce. Listen to your Dragonforce as much as you want but don't spread your shit on topics you don't know about. Even heard the album? Ever heard of US metal? Ever heard of the bands who influenced Dark Arena? Ever heard of Juan Ricardo, singer of Dark Arena and previous singer of the US power metal band Ritual?

Have at least some respect and think for yourself.... you almost have the age we can expect this from you...
----

19.08.2006 - 02:23
danzig111
Account deleted
Written by Hellish Star on 18.08.2006 at 20:54

Written by Guest on 18.08.2006 at 19:35

Who's acting childish? : If you're only here to tell Dark Arena ain't nothing special than stay away. This thread was made for people who like US metal, very rare nowadays because the media doesn't support those bands. What is the point of your meaning anyway?

I don't like Dragonforce at all, an overrated seventh range band IMO, a bad Helloween clone on speed, nothing more and nothing less. And because the media supports them you're a fan, right? You propably only know the famous bands, right?Downloading all your albums? I suppose you're that kind of metal "fan"...

Untill your reply I never said anything bad about Dragonforce (by the way, also on stage they suck) because I respect the meaning of people who like the band. You really are so convinced about yourself that you think you know all about metal (not only on this thread) and that's the reason I asked you about Dragonforce. Listen to your Dragonforce as much as you want but don't spread your shit on topics you don't know about. Even heard the album? Ever heard of US metal? Ever heard of the bands who influenced Dark Arena? Ever heard of Juan Ricardo, singer of Dark Arena and previous singer of the US power metal band Ritual?

Have at least some respect and think for yourself.... you almost have the age we can expect this from you...

firstly "and the big shit band DragonForce is?" does qualify as saying something mean about the band! So yes you did say something negative.

secondly i respect U.S. Power Metal bands, it's just msot ov them don't impress me musically, it's my opinion.

thirdly, look in my profile and see how many ov the bands listed are "mainstream-ish"...also i own 2 out ov the 3 studio albums DragonForce has released! I don't think i ummm fully understood your little diss about me not being a fan.....

oh and I WAS having respect, it was you who started it by dissing DragonForce, never once did i diss U.S. Power Metal!

one last thing.....why should i stay out ov a topic just because i don't support the band it's about? Forums are about expressing your opinions whether they be negative or positive. So if me or anyone else wants to come in this thread and say they don't too much like the band or it's not their cup ov tea.....THEN IT IS OKAYYY! There's not a damn thing wrong with it, the fact that you get all defensive is not a valid enough reason for why what i said was "wrong"!
19.08.2006 - 10:36
Hellish Star

@ danzig: your reaction pissed me of... You know why? Because I really hate the lack on support to awesome US metal bands. When I see on the other hand that bands like Dragnforce are so overrated, getting so much support and even become such a dickheads then I'm pissed of... My reaction was meant for Dragonforce, not really for you but you took it personally... Let's close the case....

By the way, there's not enough interest in US metal on this forum anyway, think I will stay away here for a while....
----

19.08.2006 - 19:09
MetalSpider

Great band! The intro to Fear of the Night is very nice. All the songs they posted are very good! I got to check it out!

Im not usually a fan of US Power. There's something about it that I just dont like. I do like Jag Panzer quite a lot. Dark Arena is now another one! The songs they have on MySpace are great.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
19.08.2006 - 19:34
Valentin B
Iconoclast
lemme guess..the chorus to fear of the night is "fear of the night,fear of the night,i have a constant fear that something's just not right"
and stop offtopic-ing.danzig is right.
ontopic:never heard of them.they're us power right?
26.08.2006 - 11:36
madgarry
Account deleted
Not heard it yet, but it sounds good from what you guys are saying
02.10.2006 - 14:03
Hellish Star

So, somebody picked up this fantastic band? Until now this is my favourite album of 2006...
----

26.10.2006 - 00:15
Bardiel13
Account deleted
I listened to them just a while ago. They're alright, but as a power metal band, they're nothing to write home about. I'm not dissing US power metal by saying one band's not all that special (so grow up and cut the flames). I like a lot of US metal, because... you know... I'M FROM THERE. And I also happen to like DragonForce and find them better than Dark Arena.
But, if you found a band you like that's what matters.
26.10.2006 - 19:31
Hellish Star

Written by Guest on 26.10.2006 at 00:15

I listened to them just a while ago. They're alright, but as a power metal band, they're nothing to write home about. I'm not dissing US power metal by saying one band's not all that special (so grow up and cut the flames). I like a lot of US metal, because... you know... I'M FROM THERE. And I also happen to like DragonForce and find them better than Dark Arena.
But, if you found a band you like that's what matters.

I agree. I don't care about the fact peope like Dragonforce more than Dark Arena, everybody has his favourite bands. I don't care about the fact people don't like Dark Arena at all but I think this band deserves an honest chance because the album is really very good. Not listening to the entire album more than once and saying their nothing special is not honest IMO. What's nothing special? The vocals? They are superb IMO. The guitars? The songs? The darkness in the album? The power? The riffs?.... You see what I mean...
----

27.10.2006 - 15:22
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
@Hellish Star: it's useless to argue about these kind of bands, nobody actually gives a damn about great bands. Mediocrity is something universal, it's too bad that poeple tend to find great only the not so great. This band is good example, other great examples would be: Crimson Glory, Vicious Rumors (nobody cares about their last album), Wolf (a great band from Germany that released a good heavy album this year) and so many other bands. Another is Shatter Mesiah wich are fantastic.
04.04.2007 - 20:20
MetalSpider

So I finally found this album! So far Ive listened to the first 3 songs and I really like it. The guitar work is really good! The melodies on some parts are just excellent. The drums and bass are also great. The vocalist is very good as well, but something about it is slightly odd. Still great so far.
----

04.04.2007 - 20:23
Hellish Star

Written by MetalSpider on 04.04.2007 at 20:20

So I finally found this album! So far Ive listened to the first 3 songs and I really like it. The guitar work is really good! The melodies on some parts are just excellent. The drums and bass are also great. The vocalist is very good as well, but something about it is slightly odd. Still great so far.

Great!!!!!!
----

04.04.2007 - 20:27
MetalSpider

Great indeed
----

04.04.2007 - 20:44
Thryce
Retired Staff
Going to the new Metalzone shop at Leuven tomorrow. Dark Arena have been on my list for a long long (yes, too long, I know) time. Hope I can find it there. Really looking forward to holding a copy in my hands and listening to this awesome stuff.
From what I heard from their MySpace, it sounds so sweet and promising indeed.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
04.04.2007 - 21:51
Hellish Star

Written by Thryce on 04.04.2007 at 20:44

Going to the new Metalzone shop at Leuven tomorrow. Dark Arena have been on my list for a long long (yes, too long, I know) time. Hope I can find it there. Really looking forward to holding a copy in my hands and listening to this awesome stuff.
From what I heard from their MySpace, it sounds so sweet and promising indeed.

You won't find it.... Buy it at their website or via internet....
----