Metal Storm logo
New Band : Anemonia

20.05.2010 - 23:16
Edmund Fogg
Alright,I present to you a band that will knock your socks off: Anemonia is a Symphonic Gothic band that hails direcly from Montreal,Canada.What makes them unique is the ammount of different influences you can find in a song.It ranges from Trash to Folk To Goth...mix in some Groove and you have quite the spicy mix.They have already released their first studio album called Moonlit Numina and it has been selling really well in the underground Montreal scene.I just feel they deserve a lot more visibility and MS is the perfect platform to do so.You can check them out on their Myspace and if you like what you hear support them in the Band Suggestion tab.

www.myspace.com/anemonia

This is my first topic so feel free to give me any inputs.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
21.05.2010 - 14:43
Fane
I can't find even a bit of gothic style in this band. Just symphonic with some folk elements. Oh well, I've never been good with styles.

I think their music is pretty average, but the vocalist just ruins it. If they change her, they may find light at the end of the tunnel.
----
Coffee for power
Music for creativity
Sarcasm for fun
21.05.2010 - 15:00
Edmund Fogg
Written by Fane on 21.05.2010 at 14:43

I think their music is pretty average, but the vocalist just ruins it. If they change her, they may find light at the end of the tunnel.

The vocalist is imo the strong point of the band.It takes more than 1 listen get to use to her high pitch voice but she is remarquable and plays in successfull musicals as a side project.Thx for taking time to listen to them.I don't know much about Symphonic Gothic myself so my classification might be wrong
----
27.05.2010 - 13:42
Edmund Fogg
Big news: Anemonia is now in the process of printing bands shirt.I will post more when I get all the details
----
19.01.2012 - 17:54
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
Moonlit Numina made an interesting listen. To bad it didn't seem to attract any attention here on MS...
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
20.01.2012 - 06:27
Susan
Smeghead
elite
I listened to a few clips on the myspace page. Not bad! Her voice is pretty good, especially as far as "metal sopranos" go. She has a warm, rich, mezzo tone, but then jumps up into a shallower upper register. If she stayed low and middle/high they'd have a much more special sound. What is it about symphonic metal and power metal that singers (male and female) think they have to sing super high in order to succeed?

Also, she's mixed WAY high/forward in the mix. One of the songs (Enchanting Melodies) almost sounded like someone recording themselves while the music played on the radio behind them. If they'd mix her properly the result would be even better.

The music seemed pretty generic but nonetheless enjoyable. I could see this really growing on me! Especially the songs where she doesn't screech. Nice start
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
02.04.2016 - 08:22
DraconianJays
The album has quite a unique sound, in the two dominant genres (Symphonic & Gothic) they offer quite a bit of originality that are rarely heard in either. For that aspect alone they had my connection, I admire the talent of the vocalist, her range and what she brings to their sound, just bringing everything together. I admire the freedom she was given, I admire any band that doesn't try to sound like everyone else. Not enough bands try to stand out anymore. I heard this album a few years after it's release and one of few whom I have become utterly bored with and deleted off my computer.
----
One is only as ignorant as they choose to be
-DraconianJays
27.02.2020 - 03:52
Her voice is too much like Amy Lee's. While I liked the first Evanescence Album, I am not intrested in hearing bands where the singer sounds just like her (tone-wise). And I agree with Susan that she is mixed too much forward-a problem with a lot of symphonic metal. Her voice and the guiters just don't work together.