Metal Storm logo
Lyraka - Working On Metal Opera Project

Vocal powerhouse Veronica Freeman (Benedictum), will be doing session work for the Lyraka project.

Lyraka is described as a "Wagnerian Opera Metal" project that encompasses a set of highlights CD's, as well as a 3-D animated movie. Graham Bonnet (Rainbow, MSG, Alcatrazz) and Tommy Heart (Uli Jon Roth, Fair Warning, Soul Doctor) are also contributing vocal tracks.

Andy DiGelsomina, the composer and lead guitarist of the project, commented: "I was massively inspired by Veronica's performance on the Benedictum CD's. She is not only viciously heavy when neccessary, but has a phenomenal sense of dynamics. Veronica is as gloriously heavy metal as you can get, and we are excited about working with her."

The first volume of the CD set, Lyraka Volume 1, is set for release in March 2011.

Visit the band's website for more info.

Source: lyraka.com
Posted: 20.05.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 13 users
21.05.2010 - 05:17
Symmachus

This seems exciting. I like the "Wagnerian Opera Metal" tag applied to it.
23.05.2010 - 20:16
Susan
Smeghead
Wagerian opera seems like it would lend itself incredibly well to metal. And Veronica Freeman is AMAZING. I would never have associated her with anything "opera" but I'm very intrigued now. Her voice is just plain bad-ass.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
24.08.2010 - 14:33
nimoyisgod

Richard Wagner Rocks! Looks like they're into Dio too. Very cool. Last time I heard Graham Bonnet was on that Impellitterri album a few years ago. He was really heavy,

Hits total: 2860 | This month: 5