Metal Storm logo
Great Indie Bands

21.05.2010 - 08:22
whatsacow
I've been really getting into the softer indie bands lately, like angus and julia stone, Bon Iver, Arcade Fire, Kimya Dawson etc.
I'd like to hear some reccomendation and/or discussions of the genre and bands.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
02.06.2010 - 00:00
Elio
Red Nightmare
A personal favourite is Broken Social Scene, try the omonimous and You Forgot It In People albums.

Also, talking about indie-pop, how can I not mention my beloved Belle and Sebastian.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
13.06.2010 - 07:52
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
NEUTRAL MILK HOTEL. My favorite "indie" band and one of my favorite bands period. Their sophomore release In the Aeroplane Over the Sea is definitely in my top five albums of all time (if not three) but everything by this band is great.
----
The force will be with you, always.
17.06.2010 - 19:44
Fëanor
There's a pretty sweet indie band from Montreal called The Dears. Good vocals, 2 hot keyboard players, works out well!

Check out their videos on youtube...

The Death of Romance
End of a Hollywood Bedtime Story
Whites Only Party
Lost in the Plot
----
~Everything we think we know is merely a guess, and every thought process is a theory in progress.~

I'm not insane - I'm just smarter than you!
17.06.2010 - 19:46
JohnDoe
Account deleted
I'll mention two ambums that impressed me - The Antlers - Hospice (2009 - highly recommended!) and The XX - X (most unoriginal band name and name of album - but still good music IMO).
18.07.2010 - 19:09
Perseverence
Account deleted
Cake Bake Betty, Amanda Palmer, The Dressin Dolls (Most of these may be mispelled)