Metal Storm logo
The Big Four - Coming To A Theater Near You

Can't make it to Europe this June for one of the seven Sonisphere "Big Four" shows featuring Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax? No problem. The Sonisphere concert in Sofia, Bulgaria will be broadcast exclusively in high quality HD-format in 800 movie theaters across the world (450 US movie theaters, and 350 theaters across Europe, Canada, and Latin America).

These theater shows will feature nearly four hours of live performances (so each band's entire set will not be shown) and behind-the-scenes footage.

Tickets for the one night only event are available at the local theater box offices and online at thebigfourlive.com where you can see a complete list of presenting theaters. Tickets will start to go on sale Friday, May 21 in the USA and Friday, May 28 internationally.

(Note that ticket on sale times and even days will vary by theatre, so check with your friendly neighborhood participating movie theatre for exact days and times tickets will be available and keep watching thebigfourlive.com for theatre additions/changes.)

Delayed screenings for Australia, South Africa and New Zealand will be announced later.

For the USA:

Presented by NCM Fathom, this one night event will be simulcast exclusively in select movie theaters on Tuesday, June 22nd at 7:30 pm (local time). Ticket prices in the US will be around $20 plus whatever service charges your local theater may add.

Click here for a list of all participating US movie theaters.

For Europe:

Info tba soon. Keep an eye on thebigfourlive.com for updates.

Source: thebigfourlive.com
Event: Sonisphere Festival 2010
Posted: 22.05.2010 by Thryce

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 44   Visited by: 388 users
23.05.2010 - 19:58
Chainer
Witch Hunter Gen
Written by BitterCOld on 22.05.2010 at 23:21

So i take it those upset about the concept of a gig being shown on a movie screen are thoroughly opposed to live dvds and cds, as it's essentially the exact same thing, only on a different medium.

No im not, mainly because the whole set list is included, this whole deal should have been relased as a dvd, not this "one time only" movie theater bullshit. How metal is a damn movie theater anyway, if ur gonna see the big 4 is should be at a concert or in the comfort of your own home. These guys have taken enough of our (mine included) money that they don't need to resort to these type of things, i don't know maybe im over reacting, but this just don't sit right with me.
----
Written by Dangerboner on 02.11.2009 at 08:11

Everything he doesn't like is metalcore. Britney Spears, Elton John, Michael Moore, and green beans are also metalcore, in case you guys didn't know.
23.05.2010 - 20:22
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Chainer on 23.05.2010 at 19:58

Written by BitterCOld on 22.05.2010 at 23:21

So i take it those upset about the concept of a gig being shown on a movie screen are thoroughly opposed to live dvds and cds, as it's essentially the exact same thing, only on a different medium.

No im not, mainly because the whole set list is included, this whole deal should have been relased as a dvd, not this "one time only" movie theater bullshit. How metal is a damn movie theater anyway, if ur gonna see the big 4 is should be at a concert or in the comfort of your own home. These guys have taken enough of our (mine included) money that they don't need to resort to these type of things, i don't know maybe im over reacting, but this just don't sit right with me.

you feel that way... then don't watch. it's that simple.

seeing as it's a one-off gig, maybe other people feel differently. this provides them the opportunity.

i imagine for a lot of people, seeing them on a big movie screen on thumping THX trumps not seeing them at all. or seeing them on their home tv.

i mean people still go to movies, right, rather than just get shit via internet or buying the dvd at blockbuster. it's the same shit.

if they charge movie prices (or double, given the length), that's fine with me. now if they hit you up for concert ticket prices to attend what amounts to a movie, then i'd take issue.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
23.05.2010 - 21:46
-Morbid-

I'd go if it was at normal movie price, but $20? Fuck that.
23.05.2010 - 22:45
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Someone should make CamRip's just to piss Lars off
24.05.2010 - 17:15
spiritofvengence

You all are just bitching about this because Metallica was fronting. If it had been Iron Maiden, Slayer, Megadeth and (were he still alive) Heaven and Hell, you'd be saying it was the best thing in the world!
----
I'd rather like what I like because I like it, despite if everyone hates me for it, then like what I hate just to be accepted by you.
24.05.2010 - 19:18
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by spiritofvengence on 24.05.2010 at 17:15

You all are just bitching about this because Metallica was fronting. If it had been Iron Maiden, Slayer, Megadeth and (were he still alive) Heaven and Hell, you'd be saying it was the best thing in the world!

we ALL are?

maybe we can hold a Metalstorm bake sale to help you buy a clue.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
24.05.2010 - 20:22
spiritofvengence

Yes, we all are

(btw, your abusing your powers as an administrator by trolling about without retribution or hinderance, because you can and your little iron-maiden-fan-boys can fuck with me but i can't do likewise or else you threaten me with banning)
----
I'd rather like what I like because I like it, despite if everyone hates me for it, then like what I hate just to be accepted by you.
24.05.2010 - 21:32
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I'ma have that shit pre-ordered and I'm gonna camp outside the theater the night before just to make sure I can get in.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
25.05.2010 - 01:04
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by spiritofvengence on 24.05.2010 at 20:22

Yes, we all are

(btw, your abusing your powers as an administrator by trolling about without retribution or hinderance, because you can and your little iron-maiden-fan-boys can fuck with me but i can't do likewise or else you threaten me with banning)

how am i trolling? i posted a counter to (another) baseless point made by you.

you said "all"

i had previously posted my point... and it was defending the arrangement. so my standpoint does not line up with your assertion.

you, hoss, are the troll. showing up and attempting to piss people off by making useless statements that are incorrect... such as earlier this thread.

the thing is, the "iron maiden fan boys" don't fuck with you so much as you toss inflammatory statements around. your goal is to fuck with them, then you nail yourself up on a big cross when someone responds. "look at me! i'm being persecuted for being different!" back in reality, people are disagreeing with you because you are an asshat.
----

25.05.2010 - 03:03
spiritofvengence

Written by BitterCOld on 25.05.2010 at 01:04

Written by spiritofvengence on 24.05.2010 at 20:22

Yes, we all are

how am i trolling? i posted a counter to (another) baseless point made by you.

you said "all"

i had previously posted my point... and it was defending the arrangement. so my standpoint does not line up with your assertion.

you, hoss, are the troll. showing up and attempting to piss people off by making useless statements that are incorrect... such as earlier this thread.

the thing is, the "iron maiden fan boys" don't fuck with you so much as you toss inflammatory statements around. your goal is to fuck with them, then you nail yourself up on a big cross when someone responds. "look at me! i'm being persecuted for being different!" back in reality, people are disagreeing with you because you are an asshat.

you call me a dick? what about your response doesn't scream 'i'm an iron-maiden-fan-boy and i will fuck with anyone who says anything i don't like about iron maiden, dio, slayer, or who sticks up for metallica and bands i hate'

you know what, you and your pop-metal-posers can all just take a number and step in line, cuz you're not the first ass-holes to fucking hate me!
----
25.05.2010 - 03:13
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by spiritofvengence on 25.05.2010 at 03:03

you call me a dick? what about your response doesn't scream 'i'm an iron-maiden-fan-boy and i will fuck with anyone who says anything i don't like about iron maiden, dio, slayer, or who sticks up for metallica and bands i hate'

you know what, you and your pop-metal-posers can all just take a number and step in line, cuz you're not the first ass-holes to fucking hate me!

exactly when and where did i call you a "dick"? i referred to you as Hoss... which is not an insult so far as I can tell.

and if you re-read the thread, i stood up for the concept of the gig. in short, i defended Metallica et all for providing others the opportunity to see this show - so long as it was priced as a movie rather than a typical concert ticket. (it is. $20 for 4 hours is better than industry average $10 for 90 minutes)

i don't hate you. i pity you. i really do. you are a sad, pathetic little person that cannot stand the fact other people have different opinions than them and feel the need to shout down anyone whose tastes differ.

and the irony of that "pop-metal-posers" bit is too much. way too much.
----

25.05.2010 - 14:18
Lord_Regnier

Pop-metal posers, coming from someone who defends Metallica?
Joke of the decade.

And one more time I can't help but underline it: there's nothing more ironic for me than being called a poser or whatever by mainstream-metal fans, while I'm listening almost exclusively to extreme and underground metal. As if old outdated bands who released nothing but shit for over two decades are the real metal. Laughable and pathetic. So many people are stuck in the 80s and absolutely unable to evolve and live with their time.

From my point of view, only Thrash, Doom, Death and Black Metal can be considered as pure and real metal nowadays. Traditional heavy metal and Powermetal have become too soft and hard rock-ish to be considered as metal, imo.
Powermetal often sounds like a different kind of pop music.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
28.05.2010 - 21:49
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser

Calm down, have some dip.
This statement is a bit hypocritical, seeing as you lose it on anyone who doesn't agree that Metallica invented breathing. After skimming through the posts I've noticed that no one has mentioned Iron Maiden once yet...And just because we're not into Metallica does not make us Iron Maiden fanboys. A lot of people love Iron Maiden, get over it.

Wratchchild, the head mod is listed as a Metallica fan, and we don't pick on him because of it, we pick on him because he's French. Destroyah also wrote a positive review about Metallica's latest and I'm pretty sure he knows not everyone here is out to get him. Face it, you're just being incredibly neurotic.
Quote:

With the hormonal defensive attitude you sport, it's a very high probability we won't be the last.

In the words of the great Hypocrites himself: "Pull your head out of your ass."

Does anyone else find it really funny how he throws the word "pop metal" around as an insult, but then has Godsmack, Disturbed, System Of A Down, Avenged Sevenfold, and Nightwish listed as his favourite bands? This can be all summed up quite easily: You have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
09.06.2010 - 14:24
richg22

I know that Picturehouse cinemas in the UK are broadcasting 'The Big Four' live via satellite. the website is www.picturehouses.co.uk/thebigfour

Hits total: 5539 | This month: 6