Metal Storm logo
Sacred Warrior

13.08.2006 - 22:13
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
So I just learned about this band, Sacred Warrior. These guys have a sound very similar to Early-Mid Queensryche, but with a bit more edge on some of their material. I found them when I was searching a site for Christian Metal bands, and they were recommended for fans of Queensryche. I thought that they might be kind of cheesy, or lame, but I tracked down their website to see if I could get some information on them. Sacred Warrior broke up in 1993, but released several albums. Two of which you can download fully on their site at http://www.sacredwarrior.net/SacredWarrior/music.htm.

But I thought I would pass these guys on. Check out the songs "Master of Lies", "Bound In Chains" and "Flood".
----
(space for rent)
14.08.2006 - 06:39
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...thanx for the information, i'll check them out and then let you know what i think about them...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
14.08.2006 - 17:08
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I've heard the name before and always wanted to hear what they sounded like...yeah, I'll download their stuff and come back with an edit and tell you what I think too...
13.09.2006 - 02:28
peavy
Account deleted
Excellent band!! Have everything from them. Very similar to Queensryche indeed and to another Christian band from US called Recon who put out 1 album in 1990.
13.09.2006 - 02:46
danzig111
Account deleted
Meh i was expecting a Cheese/Power Metal band when i read the title. It appears they are Melodic/Prog......but meh i wouldn't be interested in them. I believe that 'Christian Metal' is an Oxymoron cuz Metal is about Freedom and 'breaking the chains'.....and Christianity well.....Isn't! I'd know, i've been exposed to countless Christians in life.
13.09.2006 - 03:30
peavy
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 13.09.2006 at 02:46

Meh i was expecting a Cheese/Power Metal band when i read the title. It appears they are Melodic/Prog......but meh i wouldn't be interested in them. I believe that 'Christian Metal' is an Oxymoron cuz Metal is about Freedom and 'breaking the chains'.....and Christianity well.....Isn't! I'd know, i've been exposed to countless Christians in life.

No, it's not that kind of typical power metal band (which I like though and don't find cheesy at all)!
I'm not a Christian and I don't care about the message these bands are putting out. Doesn't matter to me what they sing about in the lyrics just how they sing them. And most important: the instrumental section is very good!