Metal Storm logo
Mastodon - Summer Live Dates Cancelled

Mastodon are sorry to inform fans that their upcoming summer tour dates are all cancelled.

Guitarist Bill Kelleher, was diagnosed with pancreatitis (a sudden inflammation of the pancreas which can have severe complications and high mortality despite treatment) and doctors advise him to pursue further medication. Doctors are optimistic and expect full recovery in the coming weeks for Bill, as the band is eager to take part in the BlackDiamondSkye Tour, along with Alice In Chains and Deftones, scheduled for September.

The affected events include: Rock im Park/Rock am Ring, the Sonisphere Festivals, Sweden Rock Festival, Tuska Open-Air and Graspop Metal Meeting.

Mastodon recently cancelled the April 27 gig in Rochester, New York due to Kelliher's illness. On some other live dates, Baroness guitarist Peter Adams and John Baizley filled in. Kelliher's pancreatitis previously sidelined him in November 2008 on the European tour with Slayer.

Source: gr.sonispherefestivals.com
Band profile: Mastodon
Posted: 25.05.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 159 users
25.05.2010 - 15:10
Metal Maiden
Megadead
"Doctors are optimistic and expect full recovery..."

I've heard that before...Sincerely hope it doesn't turn out the same way...Best of wishes...
25.05.2010 - 16:33
Chainer
Witch Hunter Gen
WTF is going on with May?
----
Written by Dangerboner on 02.11.2009 at 08:11

Everything he doesn't like is metalcore. Britney Spears, Elton John, Michael Moore, and green beans are also metalcore, in case you guys didn't know.
25.05.2010 - 17:17
Tod_Engel

Written by Chainer on 25.05.2010 at 16:33

It's called coincidence.
25.05.2010 - 17:32
Chainer
Witch Hunter Gen
Written by Tod_Engel on 25.05.2010 at 17:17

Written by Chainer on 25.05.2010 at 16:33

It's called coincidence.

Of this I am aware, however as the # of said "coincidences" increases, the likelihood of such a thing decreases. Im not saying that its not coincidence it just strikes me as odd, the number of not so nice things that have occurred in Metal this May.
----
Written by Dangerboner on 02.11.2009 at 08:11

Everything he doesn't like is metalcore. Britney Spears, Elton John, Michael Moore, and green beans are also metalcore, in case you guys didn't know.
25.05.2010 - 17:41
Tod_Engel

Quote:
Quote:
Written by Chainer on 25.05.2010 at 17:32

It's called coincidence.

Of this I am aware, however as the # of said "coincidences" increases, the likelihood of such a thing decreases. I'm not saying that its not coincidence it just strikes me as odd, the number of not so nice things that have occurred in Metal this May.

I absolutely agree that it is odd. But these bad events occurring aren't related to each other. It could happen in any other month or year. Or am I missing anything (events etc.)?
25.05.2010 - 18:37
Chidder

Well, I'm going to Sonisphere, I don't listen to Mastodon, it is the only band that I didn't want to see there. Maybe they will find a better band as the replacement (Motorhead? Testament? Kreator?). Still, best of wishes, Bill!
25.05.2010 - 18:50
Elodie Artour
Slania
No Mastodon concert at Sonisphere... Damn, I was so looking forward to seeing them live there!

May 2010 officially and truly sucks!
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
25.05.2010 - 19:47
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Get well, Mullet Bill, get well!
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
25.05.2010 - 21:38
Acolyt#1

Damn it, first Heaven & Hell and now Mastodon, my Zurich sonisphere ticket is being bled out of its substance, an now what next, Amon Amarth gets fried up by the thunder god???

anyways, I wish Bill a quick recovery
25.05.2010 - 22:19
nilzardo
Account deleted
May Slaughterfest continues! Oh noez!
25.05.2010 - 22:40
DoomGuard

Damn, high mortality rate?

I really hope he pulls through, he's gotta...
26.05.2010 - 00:12
ItalktotheWind
Wood Troll
Quote:
Quote:
Written by Tod_Engel on 25.05.2010 at 17:41

Written by Chainer on 25.05.2010 at 17:32

It's called coincidence.

Of this I am aware, however as the # of said "coincidences" increases, the likelihood of such a thing decreases. I'm not saying that its not coincidence it just strikes me as odd, the number of not so nice things that have occurred in Metal this May.

I absolutely agree that it is odd. But these bad events occurring aren't related to each other. It could happen in any other month or year. Or am I missing anything (events etc.)?

I know what you mean, but come on.... its hard not to get superstitious about this kind of thing. all these people dying, getting injured, bands breaking up..... in my whole time at metalstorm i've never seen so many in one month
----
"A witty saying proves nothing."
-Voltaire
26.05.2010 - 02:30
Symmachus

Bummer. I bet pancreatitis really sucks. I hope Bill Kelliher gets better very soon.

By the way, this month is quite a downer month for metal music.
26.05.2010 - 16:42
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Elodie Artour on 25.05.2010 at 18:50

...May 2010 officially and truly sucks! ...

indeed
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS

Hits total: 3562 | This month: 7