Metal Storm logo
Rush - Album Title Revealed

Rush will release two new songs entitled "Caravan" & "BU2B" on June 1, 2010 via all digital music providers. These new songs are part of the recording for the band's 20th(!) studio album entitled Clockwork Angels due out next year. Both songs will be performed live on the Time Machine Tour this summer.

Both tracks were recorded in Nashville with Grammy Award-winning producer Nick Raskulinecz (Foo Fighters, Deftones), who previously collaborated with Rush on 2007's critically acclaimed Snakes & Arrows.

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Rush
Posted: 26.05.2010 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 21   Visited by: 161 users
26.05.2010 - 15:46
Daydream Nation
Account deleted
Hope it is better than Snakes and Arrows, which was pathetic to be honest.
26.05.2010 - 16:19
JohnDoe
Account deleted
^ so was it pathetic just because you didn't like it? Pathetic is such a negative word, it doesn't fit to describe any Rush work. Rush has a few weaker, but still listenable albums, but never pathetic albums. Excuse the ramblings, I just disliked your choice of words.

I'm looking forward to the new album.
26.05.2010 - 17:08
Stabby
Account deleted
I hope Daydream Nation's next post is better. That last one was pathetic to be honest.
26.05.2010 - 17:33
Carrion Misery

Haha, I concur, Stabby. Anyways, Snakes & Arrows was a great addition to their catalog. Can't wait for the next one.
----
? Carrion Misery
www.mournspire.com | Two-Man Death Doom Project
Full album streaming
26.05.2010 - 21:16
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Pathetic is a very harsh and unfair word. I liked Snakes & Arrows.. Lets see about this one. Looking forward to it.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
26.05.2010 - 22:00
Daydream Nation
Account deleted
Great to see you guys feel ballsy enough to comment on an opinion on the Internet. Aren't you Internet tough guys?

People honestly keep believing that these recent albums by rock outfits are returns to form. Iron Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death, Def Leppard's Songs from the Sparkle Lounge, Megadeth's Endgame and the most recent Dream Theatre album all belong in the same category to me. For the most part, the albums are certainly listenable and have some good songs (Far Cry, Working Them Angels, Malignant Narcissism, for example), but they just feel like individual songs that don't really connect together as a singular album entity. Most of the songs really aren't that strong nor are they innovative; they feel like mere parodies of their former glories. That being said, I take back the comment about it being "pathetic"; it is merely disappointing compared to their potential (Peart is one of the greatest drummers of all time, Lee one of the better bass players and Lifeson is seriously underrated).

I'm one of those people that feel Rush strayed from my expectations after Presto. I miss how complex and innovative and exciting they used to be to me and I have seen very little done to advance the innovation they had in the late 70s. No, I'm not a conceited fan who only likes their old stuff, but if Snakes and Arrows was seriously one of their better efforts, then I don't think they are trying hard enough. Some bands spend years trying to come up with new ideas and progress rock and occasionally Rush produce a song or two that is truly innovative and wonderful. One just wishes they could take the time to create a convoluted masterpiece like Hemispheres again. They have the technical ability, the lyrics are still quite fantastic for the most part and they don't seem to have many internal band issues. I almost wish I could get them to listen to King Crimson's The Power to Believe, because I thought that was how progressive rock should be done in the 21st century. And to be honest, I've been listening to a lot of Italian progressive rock and I just want something complex and slightly avant-garde.

Does that make Rush a bad band? Of course not. They just don't meet my expectations most of the time, and if you are going to knock my opinion on the matter, you clearly need to find better things to do with your time.
26.05.2010 - 22:16
JohnDoe
Account deleted
^well, there you go, a lot of the things you say make sense; I'm not an internet tough guy by no means, i just criticised your choice of word. i guess you are at least a more demanding music listener than me. All i need is some intelligent, skilled musicianship, a good vocalist and some good lyrics and i'm good to go.

i totally agree with you on King Crimson and their 2003 album.
26.05.2010 - 23:26
Got Mayhem?

Did someone just bash someone's opinion on their opinion by saying it's not nice to bash opinions?
----
26.05.2010 - 23:35
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Got Mayhem? on 26.05.2010 at 23:26

Did someone just bash someone's opinion on their opinion by saying it's not nice to bash opinions?

Hopefully the members of Rush stop by this thread to read about that and maybe write a 20-minute two-part song about Internet bashing for their next release.

Everyone involved would be credited in the "Special thanks to" section in the liner notes. You'd all be famous.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
26.05.2010 - 23:50
Lord_Regnier

Written by Guest on 26.05.2010 at 22:00

I'm one of those people that feel Rush strayed from my expectations after Presto. I miss how complex and innovative and exciting they used to be to me and I have seen very little done to advance the innovation they had in the late 70s.

That's the way I feel.
I'm a big fan of old Rush but, to be frank, I've never been able to dig their albums after "Presto".
A few songs or parts here and there hint at their former greatness but overall, compared to the old material, the new songs pretty much suck.
The songs cruelly lack energy and don't 'rock', Lee's vocals are so bad at times it makes me cringe, Peart's drumming is nothing like it was in the old days and the production on their albums is awful (since "Counterparts", they use a sound that is too heavy and doesn't suit their music at all). And the songs are way too simple compared to the 70s and 80s material (really, the 70s/80s stuff and the 90s-00s stuff are worlds apart).

Don't take me wrong, I still like the band but I listen only to the stuff from "Rush" to "Presto", and not to anything more recent. I can't stand the 90s and 00s stuff for more than a few minutes. It's too goddamn boring.

And I have absolutely no expectation for this album. Unless you count the fact that I'm sure it will be utterly boring.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
27.05.2010 - 04:29
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Written by Guest on 26.05.2010 at 22:00

I almost wish I could get them to listen to King Crimson's The Power to Believe, because I thought that was how progressive rock should be done in the 21st century.

Couldn't agree more...

I enjoy parts of Snakes & Arrows but sometimes wonder if it's just because I love Rush so much- I make myself like it?
Power To Believe simply blew me away when I heard it, no questions there.
27.05.2010 - 05:17
Symmachus

Clockwork Angels is a fitting title for a Rush album.
27.05.2010 - 17:17
JohnDoe
Account deleted

who is your sarcasm aimed at in the end? would you please explain what bothered you?
27.05.2010 - 17:33
Warman
Erotic Stains
Looking forward to this! Although Rush hasn't fully rocked since the '80s, there's always a great track here and there on every release.
----
27.05.2010 - 20:05
Fat & Sassy!

Personally, I thought Presto was their weakest effort. That's when shit started to get pretty bad. Not AFTER it. But then again, I've never been a huge Rush fan.
28.05.2010 - 02:23
Got Mayhem?

Written by Guest on 27.05.2010 at 17:17

who is your sarcasm aimed at in the end? would you please explain what bothered you?

I'm pretty sure it was the part where you criticized someones opinion of your opinion by saying it wasn't right to criticize opinions.

EDIT. Shit, not you, other guy. bugger bugger bugger.
----
28.05.2010 - 03:42
Daydream Nation
Account deleted
Written by Got Mayhem? on 28.05.2010 at 02:23

Written by Guest on 27.05.2010 at 17:17

I'm pretty sure it was the part where you criticized someones opinion of your opinion by saying it wasn't right to criticize opinions.

Alright, this is getting annoying. You know my point in saying that, though, was to begin to dismiss the notion that I'm just a conceited fan who only likes Rush's earlier stuff. End of story.
And I hope no band is so pretentious that they would write a song about Internet bashing, like Troy suggested, ahahaha.
28.05.2010 - 07:31
CliffemAll

I'm totally an "Internet Tough Guy," Daydream Nation.
28.05.2010 - 14:42
Lord_Regnier

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 27.05.2010 at 20:05

Personally, I thought Presto was their weakest effort. That's when shit started to get pretty bad. Not AFTER it. But then again, I've never been a huge Rush fan.

Lots of people think like you and say that Rush took the downward spiral after "Hold Your Fire".
As for me, I include "Presto" as the good albums because there are many songs I like on it.
But the band definitely lost something around that time and never got it back after.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
02.06.2010 - 23:02
JohnDoe
Account deleted
The two new songs are great in my opinion (Caravan and Brought Up to Believe), now I can't wait for the new album.
03.06.2010 - 02:47
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Holy crap I like Caravan... heard it on the radio today and can't wait to hear the album.

Hits total: 2868 | This month: 4