Metal Storm logo
Your personal Top10 Metal Songs

Original post

Posted by marinBG, 14.08.2006 - 14:24
Well, I think it would be cool if everyone had the chance to post their most favourite 10 metal songs. To keep it deverse - one song per artist. Also don't forget to include explanaitions for the songs you chose...

so here is mine (at least at the moment):

1. Children Of Bodom - Bodom After Midnight
This is the most difficult pick ever - I simply cannot pick my favourite COB song, since this is my alltime favourite band. I love the dynamics, I love the feeling, I love the vocals, I love the technicallity and I love the writing... for this is just the perfect music. Even the new album that tends to be a little bit new just plainly makes me happy when I hear it. Great stuff!

2. Lacuna Coil - Haeven's a lie
I love Lacuna Coil. And especially the more powerfull and catchy songs. For me Heaven's a lie is the anthem of a particular approach to metal that I hope will develom more and more. It has some great melodies, an amazing chorus and some great keyboards samples that simply make the music much more colorful and interesting at least for me (I play keyboards )

3. SlipKnot - My Plague (yes, I consider this metal)
Well, for me this song combines the two post difficult things to put together in metal. Melody and brutallity. I really like catchy stuff and the chorus is both vigourus, catchy and of course melodic. While the verse retains a very cool agressive brutal feel. And the nicest part of all it that the brutallity and the catchyness can ve felt troughout the whole song. Btw, I prefer the shorter version cause it's more to the point and more in your face basicly. And it's more radio-friendly as much as a song with growling in the verse can be and there's something I would like to note about SlipKnot's stuff. I don't think they are that untrue, because they are heavy as f**k. Actually it's most probably the heaviest and most agressive band on my list.

4. In Flames - Only for the weak
In Flames for me are just an awesome band and Clayman is one of my favourite albums ever (top 5 materisal basicly). An Only For The Weak is one of the coolest songs on the album. I'm not the biggest fan of the new In Flames stuff, but Clayman for me will probably always be the best gothenburg or melodic death metal (whatever you call it) albums ever. It is catchy, it is heavy, it has crunching guitar leads. What else could you possible want?

5. Metallica - One
Do I really need to explain. I love almost eveything about that song, from the music trough the inspiration for it to the story of it. For me it signifies the entrace of metal into the mainstream which for me is a cool thing. I think the more metal spreads the better. I would be gladly watching all of the bands on this list on MTV and reading how they earn tons of money, cause I belive they all (and not only them) deserve it more than Breatney Spears or Backstreet Boys. And there's something more. And aslo the music is so great. The verses are so emotional and well written... and the ending part just freakin kicks ass!!! Again, a great song combining emotions, bisicly lyrical music with really heavy stuff. Also this is probably the only Metallica solo (Kirk is one of the weakest guitarists ever!!!) that I really dig (may be also Nothing Else Matters), cause no matter that it's not so virtuoso it's just really well written. I also chose this song cause I wanted to have Metallica on the list and I was wandering what to choose. Cause they have both heavy songs and ballads. And both rock. So I picked One also beacause it fully represents them at their best (not like St.Anger which sucked)

6. Crematory - The Fallen
Just a perfect song. Nothig else to say Very cool keyboard melody. Great overall feel. Cool Melodic Verse and a really killer Chorus. That's it. And a cool tempo. I really dig this type of songs.

7. Amorphis - Crimson Wave
Another unique song. The whole album Am Universum for a very long time was one of my favourites. Some really catchy stuff on there. And in this particular song the thing that is sung over the opening riff (a bridge or a chorus probably... I don't really know with this a bit strange song structure) just makes me wanna jump around and headbang. And in addition to all the musical quality in this song, I also have some plainly personal reasons to love it

8. Nightwish - She is my sin
Well, we just need one more Finnish band in that list, huh I generally do not dig so much most of the stuff Nightwish do, but some of their songs are really really cool. And the coolest of them all is She is my sin. This song also helped me alongside Children Of Bodom to turn my mother into a metal aprechiator I really love the keyboards and the melody in this song. It just creates a great great feel for me. I like every single note that's in it and that is a very rare thing to happen with me. Especially with a song by Nightwish, cause didn't really like (and still don't) Tarja. No need to say that I was very happy when they kicked her out. I hope they find a singer that is not so operaic, so they can appeal to a larger audience and double the success they had with Once (which for me is thier strongest effort by far... it's just much more agressive and catchy than the older stuff.)

9. Soulfly - Seekin' Strike
Max Cavalera for me is among the greatest man of metal. Basicly godlike, despite the bunch of not so good songs he's done also especialy with Prophecy for example.. I love the way he writes his music and I really love his vocals. And this particular song just makes me wanna headbang and mosh in the most brutal pit possible.

10. Sepultura - Refuse/Resist
Well, the old Sepultura. What can you say... for me they are
a legend. And as I mentioned before Max is almost a God... And for me personally this is maybe thier coolest song (among others). I really dig everything about it, which all comes down to sheer brutallity. I love the mosh vibe Sepultura have to all thier stuff (I'm talking about the old Sepultura... I wouldn't mosh on Bullet the blue sky for example unless I really have to ). And also this is again a pretty personal song for me especially with the momorry of singing in on stage (on a totally inapropriate for that one) and scarying some jazz lovers and musicians out of the hall (yep, as I said, I generally play keyboards, but when my band needs someone to grawl it's usually me + Refuse/Resist doesn't really need keyboards anyway)
03.11.2008 - 00:45
Nightmare^
These come up to my mind right now...not 100% my definite top10 but anyway. And i won't put them in a particular order :p

Slayer - Angel Of Death : the ideal song that in my opinion descibes better the metal music. It's the metal anthem for me :p

Nevermore - Born : Aggressive, killer riffs, good lyrics. Definately one of my favourites.

Iced Earth - Travel In Stygian : Dark, fast heavy metal song, from a kinda unique band. I love this song.

Death - Scavenger of Human Sorrow : When I listen or even play that song on guitar, it makes me wanna bang everything in the room. Especially the fast part.

At The Gates - Suicide Nation : For me the best song to be performed live.

Septic Flesh - Little Music Box : Not the best song, but i'm kinda emotionally attached to this one.

Nile - Cast Down The Heretic : My favourite brutal song.

Iron Maiden - 2 Minutes To Midnight : I always liked that song very much, but since they put it into GTA - Vice City (great game btw :p) and i was listening to it while i was crushing things with a car, well yeah, it's been my fav maiden's song.

Emperor - Into The Infinity Of Thoughts : One of my favourite black metal songs. The atmosphere of this one is amazing. I also like to listen to it when i'm kind of depressed and i want to relax. It works :p

Zyklon - Psyklon Aeon : Kick-ass song. The song that put me into Zyklon and since then i love em. Aggressive riffs, and a well placed and performed solo.
----
03.11.2008 - 02:04
Dark Blood
The Avenger
This is kinda hard to pick only 10 favourite songs.. but here are they, in no particular order:

Nymphetamine Overdose - Cradle of Filth
I love the atmosphere of this song, I guess it's specially because of the keyboards, and both vocal. Liv's voice is great here.
Fear of the Dark - Iron Maiden
What can I say about this one? lol It's a classic, and maybe my favourite Maiden song.
Seek and Destroy - Metallica
Killer riffs.. Another classic and it's always great to scream "...SEEK AND DESTROY" after James says "Searching..." in live concerts!
Elizabeth (trilogy) - Kamelot
I consider the 3 Elizabeth songs only 1 for obvious reasons. May be my favourite Kamelot song, it has everything in it.. a ballad, a mid tempo and a kick ass fast and heavy part. Although all parts are very catchy.
FantasMic - Nightwish
Always loved this song. Divided in 3 parts... It's catchy and fast in some parts.
The Drapery Falls - Opeth
One of my favourites Opeth songs.. simply amazing stuff.
We Disintegrate - Nevermore
Awesome guitar riffs, amazing vocal like usual, and lyrics are great too. Love it.
Angel Of Death - Slayer
A kick ass classic. Nothing more to say
Kiss of Judas - Stratovarius
One of the best power songs ever IMO. And of course my favourite from Stratoguys.
Cowboys From Hell - Pantera
Another metal classic! What more can I say?!

Of course there a lot more songs, equally or even more important, but I choose these ones.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
03.11.2008 - 21:36
Mietiskelijä
Account deleted
In no order:

To Holmgard and Beyond - Turisas
This song is just too perfect, it is too good, the voice of Mathias is too beautiful. I like this song since the first time when I heard it.

The Enigmatic Spirit - Vintersorg
This song is too beautiful and the voice of Andreas is magnificent. I can't grow tired of listening to him.

Nothing Else Matters - Metallica
This is my classic song, I like him since I am a child, I thing that I listened to it millions of times. James was my favorite singer and he too have a beautiful voice.

Paradise Lost - Symphony X
This song makes me cross shivers, the lyrics are so beautiful, Russell have He too a perfect voice. It's my favorite Symphony X song.

Blut Im Auge - Equilibrium
I love all of this song, the music is very good, it is very captivating.

Love You to Death - Kamelot
In first time, the Lyrics is too perfect and beautiful! The voice of Roy is also very beautiful and the voice of the woman also. This song is just to beautiful!

Wish I Had An Angel - Nightwish
The voice of Marco is to perfect, and the voice of Tarja also. The music is very good, the guitar is beautiful, I love all of this song. It's probably my favorite of Nightwish.

Svart Djup - Finntroll
I love the accoustic song, the accoustic guitar. I love the singer, this song is beautiful the first seconds until the last second.

Tuli kokko - Korpiklaani
I love the Bagpipes, I love all of this song, it is too good!

Wings Of Heaven - Tiamat
The voice of Johan is very beautiful, the song is too perfect, it is too captivating.
04.11.2008 - 18:42
sq_xeper
Execration Text - Nile- I fucking love this song, its fast, its brutal, it definetely represents Nile in every aspect, I cant get tired of listening to it over and over again

Silent Empire- Vader- One of the bests song from the mighty Vader, it starts with a great riff and then it breaks into a fast and killer song, it definetely represents everything in death metal

The New Build- Dark Tranquillity- the best song on Character and one of my favourite songs of all time

Blinded by Fear- At The Gates- One of the most influential bands of the melodic scene in Sweden and this song in particular represents every aspect of it

Demigod- Behemoth- It was one of the most headbanged songs when they played in May here in Chile and I just fucking love it, it has a great intro and Inferno's drums are extremely brutal and fast on this one

Adjusting the Sun- Hypocrisy I could have picked Pleasure of Molestation 'cause its their most brutal song, but I love this one because it reminds me a lot of the swedish scene and I love the riff and solos in it

Psyklon Aeon- Zyklon- Brutal as hell!!!, excellent song to start an album

Stripped, Raped and Strangled- Cannibal Corpse- An awesome song with great lyrics and performed alive sounds even better

Spheres of Madness- Decapitated- One of the bests death metal riffs of all time!!! RIP Vitek, you will always be remembered

Pierced from Within- Suffocation- Death metal masters!!! this songs gives me chills down my spine, its brutal as hell and the whole record its a piece of art

...right now these are my personal 10 but of course there are a lot of other songs but those in particular always make me remember why I love this music although I didnt pick songs from legendary bands because its too hard to pick one for example of Death, all of their records are flawless, or Morbid Angel, the same thing
----
The only way to learn is be aware and hold on tight...
06.11.2008 - 20:44
Dreadlord
Account deleted
My top ten is......Disturbed:Intoxication
Children of bodom:In your face
Metallica:Master of puppets
SOAD:Chop suey
Disturbed:Down with the sickness
Nightwish:Amarath
Disturbed:Liberate
Nightwish:Bye Bye beatiful
Disturbed:Inside the fira
Slayer:Raining blood
I am sorry i am writing the most disturbed songs because i like disturbed so much;D
12.11.2008 - 06:12
rapidfire7
Account deleted
Hi I'm new to the site..
As with everyone my list changes but atm this would be it.. I'm sticking to one song per band as stated.

Iced Earth - A Question of Heaven
Symphony X - Candlelight Fantasia (Probably my all time favourite song check it out!)
Angra- Carry on
Megadeth - Bad Omen
Helloween - Giants
In Flames - Crawl Through Knives
Scorpions - Noone Like you
Judas Priest - A Touch Of Evil
W.A.S.P. - The Burning Man
Sonata Arctica - Kingdom For A Heart
12.11.2008 - 11:05
DanielViking
Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast
Moonspell - Alma Mater
Metallica - Fade to Black
Sentenced - Despair Ridden Hearts
Amorphis - The Castaway
Manowar - Heart of Steel
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Children of Bodom - Needled 24/7
Judas Priest - Breaking the Law
AC/DC - Highway to Hell

18.11.2008 - 01:01
Hallowed Be Me
Account deleted
Hmm i got alot of favorites but i gotta say
1. One - Metallica - God I just love the song from start to finish, the solos, the lyrics, the vocals, hell even the drumming, it's one of songs that the lack of bass doesn't annoy you.
2. Hallowed be thy Name - Iron Maiden - Another great song with the soft begining into a power metal intro followed by an amazing riff and awsome vocals by Bruce.
3. Hangar 18 - Megadeth - My favorite Megadeth song. Has amazing solos by both Freidman and Mustaine with pretty interesting lyrics and riffs.
4. War Pigs - Black Sabbath - The greatest Sabbath song ever, with a big F U slapped right on it. Love the solo and the overall feel.
5. Painkiller - Judas Priest - Jesus christ this is a hardhitting song with an awsome drum solo and guitar riffs and solos. Deffinitely the greatest Priest song ever made.
6. Back in Black - AC/DC - Gotta love Angus's guitar work on this song, a great riff.
7. Panic Attack - Dream Theater - I never really liked Dream Theater but this song kicks so much ass with the great bass intro and i could actually dig the vocals.
8. No one like you - Scorpions - I know it's a love song/rock ballad but those solos are fretty [censored] catchy and of course the lovable Scorpion choruses.
9. Raining Blood - Slayer - This song just kicks ass with its riffs and overall chaotic sound.
10. Orion - Metallica - Ya i know another metallica song made my top but Orion is such a great instrumental with an amazing guitar/bass solo.
18.11.2008 - 16:42
MadGatsu
Written by DanielViking on 12.11.2008 at 11:05

Moonspell - Alma Mater
Amorphis - The Castaway
Manowar - Heart of Steel
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
AC/DC - Highway to Hell

Iron Maiden....check!
Judas Priest....check!
Children of Bodom.....check!
Manowar......check!
Moonspell.......check!
Metallica......check

Wow, we got similar tastes!
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
18.11.2008 - 21:30
DanielViking
Written by MadGatsu on 18.11.2008 at 16:42

Written by DanielViking on 12.11.2008 at 11:05

Moonspell - Alma Mater
Amorphis - The Castaway
Manowar - Heart of Steel
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
AC/DC - Highway to Hell

Iron Maiden....check!
Judas Priest....check!
Children of Bodom.....check!
Manowar......check!
Moonspell.......check!
Metallica......check

Wow, we got similar tastes!

guess what... you have good taste
18.11.2008 - 22:36
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
OMG OMG OMG... That's a really hard question. Well, I guess I'll just write my present top 10, since it could change entirely in a month... Oh, and no order, OK, just my ten favorite.

Behemoth - Demigod
The epic opening, the epic riffs, the epic lyrics... This song is the most epic of all death metal songs. And it's the first Behemoth song I ever heard. Oddly enough, most people are attached to First One's...

Children Of Bodom - Silent Night, Bodom Night
Best COB song ever! It has all a good guitar-centered song should have... and every COB song should have...

Cradle Of Filth - Lord Abortion
Most difficult pick for me, since I have, hmmm 159 COF tracks on my iPod. But, in the end, Lord Abortion wins! I had to proceed by elimination, and I think this nasty filthy song, even though it lacks symphonic elements, is the most brutal and disgusting COF song ever, I love it!

Dimmu Borgir - The Serpentine Offering
The medieval/symphonic feel of In Sorte Diaboli is incredible and track one is the most epic BM song I know of.

Equilibrium - Unbesiegt
My favorite song ever, I just can't stop listening to it... The folk elements are so real, you almost believe you're in a jungle. I don't understand a single word of German, but it just makes the song more mysterious ^^

Into Eternity - Timeless Winter
Best track from Into Eternity's best album. Guitars and vocals are just SICK.

Nightwish - Nemo
I almost wrote Stargazers here, but when I think real hard about it, I realize I would more likely listen to Nemo a thousand times in a row than Stargazers... But Stargazers comes next...

Septic Flesh - Anubis
I have a strong emotional link with that song... It just happened to be playing in my car at a very difficult time in my life and I can't help having tears in my eyes every time I listen to it, now.

Symphony X - Domination
SO perfect. Aggressive, yet beautiful, great technicality, every single element I love in a metal song, except maybe growled vocals, but the singer's gorgeous voice makes for it.

Turisas - To Holmgard and Beyond
Epic, epic, and epic again. I almost feel the urge to buy a sword and get on a drakkar to conquer the world when I hear that song.

So, in conclusion, if you read carefully, I love EPIC things...
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
19.11.2008 - 16:36
Jessing
Account deleted
Satyricon - K.I.N.G.
Children Of Bodom - In Your Face
Scar Symmetry - Morphogenesis
Kamelot - The Haunting
Metallica - Nothing Else Matters
Volbeat - Sad Mans Tongue
Judas Priest - Painkiller
Iron Maiden - Fear Of The Dark
Iced Earth - I Died For You
Týr - The Wild Rover
16.12.2008 - 06:29
Lehctim
I tend to think more in terms of albums than songs which makes this difficult, but here goes.
In no particular order and changing by the day

Wyrd - Heathen
This is a 51 minute song, and as far as I'm concerned defines black metal and paganism perfectly.

Wintersun - Sleeping Stars
The main riff is possibly my favorite riff of all time...

Immortal - Beyond The North Waves
EPIC

Ensiferum - Tale of Revenge
This song will haunt your dreams...

Forefather - Wolfhead's Tree
Really powerful atmosphere, I can picture this song perfectly while I listen.

Amon Amarth - Cry of the Blackbirds
The pinnacle of their style.

Agalloch - Falling Snow
The guitar lines just seem to flow endlessly and effortlessly, great song.

Epheles - Le Linceul De La Mort
French black metal band, dark and haunting.

Summoning - Land of the Dead
Again, extremely powerful and moving atmosphere. The sound is just HUGE, like it was recorded in a giant canyon or something.

Falkenbach - ...the Ardent Awaited Land
So hard to choose a favorite by this band, but I've always thought this song was something special.
16.12.2008 - 08:46
bard
Hmm...I guess in alphabetical order:

Amon Amarth - Asator
Paints just a perfect image of Thor...gets my heart pumping every time.

Blind Guardian - Somewhere Far Beyond
Unbelievably epic...lots of spurred instrumentation, powerful solos erupting from the gallop. >=D

Children of Bodom - Kissing the Shadows
Lots of juicy guitar moments here, contains all the speed and distracting power that I look for in songs.

Eluveitie - Calling the Rain
Great variety of instruments come together here, creates a nice somber feeling that helps me get through a bad day.

Ensiferum - Wanderer
I'm not sure what it is here, but the song never fails to carry me away to my happy place.

Finntroll - Ur Djupet
This is probably just a passing attraction, but I'm a big fan of Vreth. Love the simple verse and the folk breakdowns.

Kalmah - Time Takes Us All
To me, this song is the epitome of the 'extreme power metal' genre, nothing but intense energy. Whenever I play this song people seem to stop what they're doing and listen up.

Nile - Lashed to the Slave Stick
Perfect song for getting out steam, and also seems to be a little catchier than most other Nile songs.

Tyr - Brother's Bane
A brilliant retelling of the death of Baldur...just blows me away. Perfectly followed in 'The Ride to Hell'. Gotta love the vocal style here, getting that kind of emotion through the progressive note structure.

Wintersun - Battle Against Time
Awesome song with some great use of triplets. Great song structure and lyrical inspiration here, good for long winter walks.

Yeah, lots of fantasy in my music. I just can't seem to listen to anything that takes itself too seriously...:P
----
17.12.2008 - 02:54
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by bard on 16.12.2008 at 08:46

Ensiferum - Wanderer
I'm not sure what it is here, but the song never fails to carry me away to my happy place.

That's like me and my friends favourite booze song. Always listening to it during our drunken situations, even the non-metalheads of my friends.
----
19.12.2008 - 17:46
Luciferion
1) Darkane - Convicted --- My Favorite track of my favorite album.
2) Bal-Sagoth - Cry Havoc for Glory, and the Annihilation of the Titans of Chaos (The Splendour of a Thousand Swords Gleaming Beneath the Blazon of the Hyperborean Empire: Part III) --- Every time i read this title of this song i laugh at how epic it sounds, and it's actually a really wicked song too.
3) Amon Amarth - Runes to My Memory --- Probably my favorite from Amon Amarth, due to how great it is both live and recorded.
4) Satyricon - Mother North --- The song that defined and got me into Black Metal
5) Sonata Arctica - Full Moon --- The song that got me into Power Metal, heh.
6) Primal Fear - Nuclear Fire --- One of teh first Metal Songs that really blew me away and I still love to this day
7) In Flames - Lord Hypnos --- The song that got me into metal.
8) Slayer - Reign in Blood --- More or less the song that is the perfect definition of what Metal should be imo
9) Vision Divine - Waiting For The Dawn --- A very simplistic song that just blows me away every time i hear it.
10) Nile - Sacrifice Unto Sebek --- Most Brutal song i can think of m/
----
Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is, and I am the wolf that hunts you.
22.12.2008 - 21:05
Abattoir
staff
I made a list of my currently top 10 songs...generally it would be very difficult to decide which are top 10 songs of all time for me, cause the taste is changing of course

Anorexia Nervosa - Mother Anorexia

Detonation - The Last Of My Commands

Immortal - Solarfall

Gamma Ray - Send Me A Sign

Korpiklaani - Happy Little Boozer

Poisonblack - Nothing Else Remains

Charon - Colder

Charon - Deep Water

Dark Tranquillity - The Treason Wall

Iced Earth - Angels Holocaust
24.12.2008 - 09:57
Sandarameth
Account deleted
This top is made of songs that i have listening to for last month..

Alghazanth-Anno Sathani
Heidevolk-Saksenland
Emperor-The Eruption
Korpiklaani-Let's Drink
Saturnus-The Fall of Nakkiel
Aramazd-Beginning of the...AR
Dark Funeral-In the Sign of the Horns
Die Apokaliptischen Reiter-Nach Der Ebbe
Elend-Ardour
Satyricon-Walk The Path Of Sorrow
24.12.2008 - 12:28
LebRuins
Account deleted
Well I do not have a definitive top ten but I will post my current

In Flames - Moonshield and December Flower (Tie )

Slumber - Rapture

Benighted - Grind Wit

Burzum - Lost Wisdom

In Mourning - Past October Skies

Amon Amarth - Cry of the black birds

At the Gates - Blinded by Fear

Dark Tranquility - Punish my Heaven

Suffocation - Infecting the Crypts

Immolation - Lost Passion
25.12.2008 - 23:04
Frija
Wow, this is actually quite difficult - I'll post 10 songs that I've liked consistently, though my "favorite" songs change all the time.

Emperor - The Majesty of the Nightsky -- I'd pick the entire album "In the Nightside Eclipse" if I could, all of those songs are amazing. Definitely my favorite album.
Bathory - A Fine Day to Die -- This period of Bathory is my favorite - I love the mixture of black metal vocals and folkier sound/atmosphere.
Dissection - Where Dead Angels Lie -- A really haunting, creepy song off of one of the greatest albums in metal period. The intro is beautiful.
Candlemass - Bewitched -- One of the first Candlemass songs I ever heard, plus it's so catchy.
Burzum - Lost Wisdom -- My favorite Burzum song. The lyrics of this one put forth a great message.
Enslaved - Yggdrasil -- I love the solemn sound of this song and the clean vocals. IMO the best song on the "Frost" album.
Evoken - Astray in Eternal Night -- It's hard for me to pick my favorite song off this album, but the intro on this one is what makes it great.
Satyricon - Mother North -- Best Satyricon song (though I prefer "Dark Medieval Times" albumwise). Riffs and lyrics are awesome.
Windir - Dance of Mortal Lust -- 1184 is my favorite Windir album, but this pretty much ties with The Spiritlord for best Windir song IMO.
Wolfchant - A Pagan Storm -- Same as above - I love all the songs on "A Pagan Storm" but the title track really stands out.
25.12.2008 - 23:48
Khaldi
Marduk - Christrraping Black Metal

Anorexia Nervosa - Antiferno

Immortal - Battles In The North

Cryptopsy - Crown Of Horns

Satyricon - With revenous hunger

Cannibal Corpse - The Time to Kill Is Now

Sworn[Arm] - My Euphorical Atmosphare ( "Of Euphoria" EP)

Sworn[Nor] - Vivid Vision (it's a pretty good melodic black )

Anorexia Nervosa - Sister September

Melechesh - Apkallu Counsel

Limbonic Art - A Cosmic Funeral Of Memories

and finaly Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
----
Urartu is a NeoHittite and ProtoArmenian kingdom !!
31.12.2008 - 13:31
Lombjeff
Probably i forgot some great song but these 10 songs are great too:

Rhapsody - Warrior of Ice (very difficult to choose, i love a lot of Rhapsody's songs)
Edguy - Vain Glory Opera
Angra - Carry On
Gamma Ray - Rebellion In Dreamland
Avantasia - The Tower
Luca Turilli - Kings of The Nordic Twilight
Hammerfall - Heeding The Call
Stratovarius - Destiny
Symphonity - Evening Star
Domine - The Hurricane Master
03.01.2009 - 01:00
Saitenhexerin
That's gonna be difficult...only one per band... *hmm*
I just write them here without any special ranking...they are in the order as they come to my mind

Iron Maiden - Still Life
Probably one of their best songs ever for me...It has the atmosphere, the drive, just fuckin everything! Dave and Adrian's twin guitars are incredible, Steve's bassline kicks ass, Nicko rules and Bruce's Vocals on this particular song (and album) really got me into metal!!!

Samson - Communion
Again Bruce Dickinson on vocals...i guess he'll show up once more xD
This song is so infamous but so great and sad...one of my all time favourites! I found that Samson Album when I was quite young and it was one of my first real HEavy Metal albums lol

Judas Priest - You've Got Another Thing Coming
This song just fuckin rocks! It is great to play it sing it and listen to it! A real classic song!

Machine Head - Descend the Shades Of Night
This was a really tough one...i love actually all of their songs, so picking one is a real pain in the ass >.<
I chose this one, because this song covers their fast and thrashy side, but has also really melancholic elements and i also love the lyrics!
IT was the first Machine HEad song I learned to play, so I am really attached to it^^

Metallica - Battery
pure fuckin Metallica, this song represents everything they stand for (at least for my part!) and is just incredible to hear it live!

In Flames - Only For The Weak
One of the first metal songs that ever reached my ear and still kicks ass...
The solo is so great and Anders vocals rock!

Avantasia - Devil In the Belfry
This has not only Tobias Sammet on vocals, but also Jorn Lande! this is a great uptempe song, to which i can listen, when I am in a bad mood and then cheer up again! IT has incredible amounts of power!

Iced Earth - Watching Over Me
So many good songs, and i had to chose this one, because it was the first Iced Earth song I ever heard and was avle to sing along. And it also reminds me of a very important person of me who passed away...

Bruce Dickinson - Accident Of Birth
Because this song and actually the whole album is him rising like Phoenix from ashes!
Progressive, heavy and it always carries me to a dark and twisted world, full of inspiration.

Helloween - The Keeper Of The Seven Keys
a little Opera, one of their best, still with Michael Kiske on vocals. It has so many different parts (especially that "Disease, disease my friend rocks), arrangements and ideas in there that it is a joy listening to it!
----
- When I die, bury me in smoke.
- Defendress of the Faith.
16.01.2009 - 02:08
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Saitenhexerin on 03.01.2009 at 01:00

Iron Maiden - Still Life
Probably one of their best songs ever for me...It has the atmosphere, the drive, just fuckin everything! Dave and Adrian's twin guitars are incredible, Steve's bassline kicks ass, Nicko rules and Bruce's Vocals on this particular song (and album) really got me into metal!!!

Cool! A very underestimated song, not many mention it when talking Iron Maiden. I'd kill to experience it live! Probably the best of "Piece of Mind"... maybe "To Tame a Land".
----
16.01.2009 - 13:01
Xlaw
Account deleted
Well this sure aint easy and is based on what i listen to right now.

In no particular order:

Wintersun - Battle Against Time
Enfiserum - Wanderer
Bloodbath - Eaten
Equilibrium - Heimwärts
Opeth - Bleak
In Flames - Trigger
Eluveitie - Bloodstained Ground
Equilibrium - Unbesiegt
Dimmu Borgir - The Sacrilegious Scorn
The Duskfall - None
16.01.2009 - 13:04
Xlaw
Account deleted
Written by Lehctim on 16.12.2008 at 06:29

Wintersun - Sleeping Stars
The main riff is possibly my favorite riff of all time...

I totally agree with you, such an underestimated song.
17.01.2009 - 18:39
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Guest on 16.01.2009 at 13:04

I totally agree with you, such an underestimated song.

It sure is, my favourite Wintersun song by far!
----
22.01.2009 - 23:17
JAGEagent
Burzum - My Journey to the Stars
Judas Priest - The Sentinel
Judas Priest - Run of the Mill
Cancer - Hung, Drawn and Quartered
Entombed - Sinners Bleed
Saxon - Crusader
Slayer - Tormentor
Slayer - Crionics
Bolt Thrower - World Eater
Obituary - Download
23.01.2009 - 00:21
brapp32
10-Syx/Autopsy of Aquarius
9-As I Lay Dying/Within Destruction
8-Chimaira/No Reason To Live
7-Fear Factory/Pisschrist
6-Machinehead/10 Ton Hammer
5-40 Below Summer/Smile Electric
4-Dry Kill Logic/200 Years
3-Bury Your Dead/Twelve Stroke Of Midnight
2-Nothingface/Same Solution
1-SlipKnot/Welcome
27.01.2009 - 18:20
Slayer666
A really tough one. Don't ask me why I choose these songs, I don't know myself. I just know that they are my all-time favourites.
10. Reign In Blood - Slayer
9. The Prison of Mirrors - Xasthur
8. Nattetale - Nortt
7. De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas - Mayhem
6. Funeral in Carpathia - Cradle of Filth
5. Rege Diabolus - Rotting Christ
4. Lustmord and Wargasm - Cradle of Filth
3. To Eve The Art Of Witchcraft - Cradle of Filth
2. Blod og Minne - Gorgoroth
1. The Smoke of Her Burning - Cradle of Filth
I just realised something: 10 places is too freakin' little!