Metal Storm logo
Adagio - Guitarist Working On Instrumental Solo Album

Adagio guitarist Stéphan Forté submitted the following post on the band's MySpace blog:

"It's been a very long time since I wanted to do this. I've started to work on the first ideas a couple of years ago and am now spending 100% of my working time on it. So far, 7 songs are composed and today I am in the middle of the 8th one. It will be around 9 songs I guess. Musically, it's very shred, dark and neoclassical oriented.

The Metal influences goes from shredders such as Cacophony (Becker and Friedman) Haji's Kitchen, Derek Taylor, Scott Stine etc.. to bands like Meshuggah, Dream Theater... There's a lot of Middle Eastern, Indian and Japanese traditional music elements mixed with a classical influences, going from romantic (Chopin, Liszt, et..) to some more contemporary composers such as Bartok, Prokofiev, Messiaen, Penderecki etc... And of course it's massively Heavy My Lâg is tuned down to A, and I might now use this for Adagio as well."

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Adagio
Posted: 28.05.2010 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 50 users
28.05.2010 - 11:50
RafaRata

...to my wishlist
28.05.2010 - 13:33
Wes

Oh my god yes... I have been wanting him to do this for years.
28.05.2010 - 13:55
Metal Maiden
Megadead
Sounds like my kinda thing...
29.05.2010 - 01:17
Symmachus

This is a winning decision so far.
29.05.2010 - 23:52
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Seems like a cool idea cause Stephan is a great guitar player, but I just hope he hasn't run out of good ideas because the last Adagio album wasn't that original. Well, hoping for the best. At least this time there will be no lame vocalists to spoil the music.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
30.05.2010 - 22:32
Carloz

Awesome! Dark, shred and neoclassical - that's what I want! I hope it's as good as Loomis's last thing, I love Forte's composing, so I am expecting quite something :]
02.06.2010 - 05:22
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Written by K✞ulu on 29.05.2010 at 23:52

At least this time there will be no lame vocalists to spoil the music.

And I think that's the point about this, maybe he thinks the same
Well he has some great songs, surely the instrumental ones will kick lots of asses
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"

Hits total: 2425 | This month: 6