Metal Storm logo
Battlelore - Enter The Studio In June

Finnish Epic Metal masters Battlelore issued the first update on their upcoming album:

"We will begin the recordings of our next album in early June at Sound Supreme Studios (FIN) with Janne Saksa, who will engineer and produce the album. The legendary Dan Swanö will do the mixing and hopefully, we'll get the whole battle package out in early fall of 2010. Stylistically, we have turned back to the old school style of songs with grinding drums and fast guitars! This will also be our first concept album and the songs will relate the story of Tolkien's tragic hero Túrin Turambar."

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Battlelore
Posted: 31.05.2010 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 128 users
31.05.2010 - 13:34
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Can't wait!
31.05.2010 - 13:57
Ag Fox
Angel No More
One of the few folk related bands that I can stand. hope they can pull this one out well like "The Last Alliance"
----
loves 小巫
31.05.2010 - 16:41
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Hmm. "...we have turned back to the old school style of songs with grinding drums and fast guitars!". I like that, sounds promising.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
31.05.2010 - 16:56
annodomini

Hope this mean they will make another masterpiece like THird age...
----
the riddle wants to be...
31.05.2010 - 17:04
Sentenced Odiin
gothic.moorion@gmail.com
Great news ,,/
----
Life has given me much, maybe taken more...
31.05.2010 - 17:27
Jon

Again! fucking hell, prolific or what!
----
A mythology is a religion different enough from your own for it's absurdity to be obvious.
31.05.2010 - 18:02
Dominus
The Shooter
Yeah!!!
31.05.2010 - 21:27
Maxx666
Meshuggahian
Yeah looking for a masterpiece from them this time
31.05.2010 - 23:14
paulo figueiredo
Account deleted
Turin is one of my fav Tolkien characters. Very tragic indeed... the part when he finds out (damn dragon!) that his wife is actually his long lost sister is terrific! She jumps off a cliff pregnant and he also comitts suicide with his sword.

Can't wait for this album! Battelore

Edit: hope there's songs like Third Immortal and The Grey Wizard, my fav songs from this awesome band!
01.06.2010 - 00:11
Lord_Regnier

This band proves that some people are easily satisfied as long as something is Tolkien-related, no matter how bad it sucks.
The very definition of boring.
Awful band that relies only on trends to sell.
By the way, the same could be said about pretty much all folk metal bands. It's a trend, and a very lame one. Folk metal is basically no more than mediocre Powermetal with crappy growls.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
01.06.2010 - 01:39
Fat & Sassy!

Written by Lord_Regnier on 01.06.2010 at 00:11

This band proves that some people are easily satisfied as long as something is Tolkien-related, no matter how bad it sucks.

I agree, dude. I love folk inspired music, which is ironic in regards to this band. They are about as inspiring as a textbook on the color grey.
01.06.2010 - 04:32
Lord_Regnier

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 01.06.2010 at 01:39

Written by Lord_Regnier on 01.06.2010 at 00:11

I agree, dude. I love folk inspired music, which is ironic in regards to this band. They are about as inspiring as a textbook on the color grey.

I'm not a fan of folk metal but I could name dozens of folk metal bands I consider much better than Battlelore.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
01.06.2010 - 05:20
Jason W.
Razorbliss
I've really enjoyed some older Battlelore releases, in particular Sword's Song, so if that's the sound they are going back to, great news. I'll wait and see on it though. In regards to comments that Battlelore fans are just more in the line of suckers for folk or Tolkien inspired music, that's never applied to me. I have miminal interest in anything Tolkien related and have barely even bothered to read any of his books

The main reason I like the band is/was their symphonic and atmospheric sides, with the folk side a distant fourth, if I include Kaisa's vocals as well. The band's last disc was uninteresting to me after a few spins, but we'll see how this refreshed direction goes in the new music
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
01.06.2010 - 13:24
paulo figueiredo
Account deleted
Technically speaking, there are better folk bands. What i like about Battlelore is not the Tolkien related theme, is the honesty and passion these guys (and girls) deliver when it comes to perform music about their favourite subject. Plus, i don't consider Battlelore to be a folk metal band....

Hits total: 3336 | This month: 4