Metal Storm logo
Best Behemoth Album?

Original post

Posted by bakerskater180, 01.06.2010 - 00:46
I know this is kind of already a poll but it didnt have The Apostasy or Evangelion. So I want to see what people think is the best Behemoth studio album!

My vote for now is Zos Kia Cultos (my opinion always changes and I'm not trying to degrade the other 8 choices)
but all Behemoths albums are great in their own special way!

and leave a comment about witch one you voted for! (and an explanation lol)

Poll

What is the best Behemoth album?

Demigod
Evangelion
The Apostasy
Zos Kia Cultus
Satanica
Thelema.6
Grom
Sventevith (Storming Near the Baltic)
Pandemonic Incantations

Total votes: 164
28.08.2010 - 04:21
Litany666
For me its Thelema 6.
The best album by behemoth. All the songs are ravishing with insane riffs
It has more technicality in the recording !
17.10.2010 - 19:25
Sorgblad
I think ive found The Apostasy the best and then ofcourse Demigod
21.01.2011 - 08:04
Rupert
Demigod hands down for me still, then Zos Kia Cultus.
28.01.2011 - 10:16
MissMetal86
Def Demigod
28.01.2011 - 13:33
And I thought I was the only one who likes Demigod that much
----
"We are blind to the world within us, waiting to be born"
28.01.2011 - 22:10
regmighty
Its a hard pick, but i would have to say The Apostasy. Demigod was amazing to, but i just found that Bememoth exparemanted with new sounds. Such as the start of "Left hand ov god" This just seemed to make the album stand out more to me
29.01.2011 - 21:36
Wow looks like 36% of the votes are for Demigod.
----

[image]
29.01.2011 - 23:24
Vivi'
The Apostasy and Demigod - I voted for The Apostasy.
25.02.2011 - 12:41
wormdrink414
Elite
Evangelion

The rest.

I overplayed Demigod, I think. That, or it really is a boring album. Can never be sure. I'll give it props for getting my little brother to listen to death metal, though.
20.05.2011 - 17:11
Razorback
For me Demigod,The Apostasy and Evangelion,but i voted Demigod.
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
20.05.2011 - 20:59
Guib
Thrash Talker
Personally, nothing in their discography beats Thelema.6 ... Its fucking insane ! From A to Z. I love each song on the release
and since I bought it (a long long time ago) I never stopped listening to it.

Favs:
- Inflamed With Rage
- Christians To The Lion
- Vinvm Sabbati
- Antichristian Phenomenom
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
20.05.2011 - 21:05
Yasmine
I went with Demigod, then Thelema, then Apostasy
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
20.05.2011 - 21:10
Bulletdodger
Demigod , Zos Kia Cultus , then Apostasy and the rest .
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
20.08.2011 - 02:59
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
The only album I heard by them is Demigod. I'm not goin' to hear another album by them.
16.12.2014 - 14:07
metalfan1999
I just checked out their 2 older albums (one of them being grom) an I must say that I really like the guitars and the voice (it is so different than on the newer releases). Overall this albums seems really dark and brutal (thats why it's called black metal). I am pretty new to Black Metal, but I know enough to say that I prefer raw black metal (something like Grom or De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas) over the ultra symphonic and less harsh stuff (Agalloch?). I also like the singing parts of Nergal and the woman (or women? not sure if it is only one woman or many) and the short acoustic part in The Dark Forest (cast me your spelll) and another song (forgot which one it was lol). It is also interesting how Nergal sings (shrieks) some songs in Polish . Overall the extremity and rawness of the album and extras like short cleans, acoustic guitar parts and women singing are awesome . I heard Demigod and I didn't really like his vocals that much. I think that his voice suites black metal more than death metal (the "shrieking" is awesome). To conclude it is an awesome, raw album with a touch of darkness and a kind of mythical feeling (the acoustic guitars give me that feeling). Sadly not that many people like old Behemoth that much (however it is good that people have different opinions as long as they aren't bad in any way or offensive).
20.12.2014 - 03:54
Mad Arab666
Thelema.6 is my favourite. Demigod is also pretty darn awesome.
----
Bring up the wolves head!
21.12.2014 - 05:06
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
Easily Demigod! With Zos Kia Cultus as a close 2nd! For me it's no contest, But I guess it's those two records that really got me into the band in the first place.
13.01.2015 - 07:50
Totenlieder
Considering I've only listened to Sventevith (Storming Near the Baltic),
I'll go with that one, and I really enjoyed it as well.
But seeing as its near the very bottom I guess I should look up their other stuff.
----
Blut & Krieg
14.01.2015 - 15:39
Nucky
Satanica for me..